Getting kicked out of the competition even though the requirements are filled!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Bundyclan wrote:

It's not for only vloggers. But the frequent basis depends on the channel's type. Making top-notch animation / week is pretty hard. Making a vlog /week is just über easy and someone who means it would do a lot more than 1 vlog. Same goes for let's players. 2 vid / week, still might be fine. (depends on the video)
    Ahh ok, well I'm trying my best ya know? If I could I would upload every day, I just don't have the time...bills etc. Depends if I have an easy week in work really how much I upload, I would just like to be considered really. I do put my heart and soul into my content. Thanks for the reply.
  • Trolldone wrote:

2 vids a week. I could try with a boost, but unlike some people I am coming up to exams and dont have time. If I had a reason and people would view it then yes.

I'm sorry that you can't spend more time on it but I don't see why it's my fault and that I'm the one you have to argue with.
    Also I am spending my whole day checking everyone, heck instead of deleting most "wikipedia length" posts I am editing them to give a chance.
    But of course I am the bad guy.
    <--- Oh, you hate me son?
  • Ktsjr15 wrote:

But I went there, looked at the list, and I compared it to my channel and I literally am missing two things. Luck, and Thumbnails. And I don't entirely think people subscribe because of thumbnails, so that narrows it down quite a bit.
    Thumbnails have been enabled to my channel and i'm not partnered nor anything for that matter. There has not been any increase on my views or subs since I started using them.
  • Bundyclan wrote:

Trolldone wrote:

2 vids a week. I could try with a boost, but unlike some people I am coming up to exams and dont have time. If I had a reason and people would view it then yes.

I'm sorry that you can't spend more time on it but I don't see why it's my fault and that I'm the one you have to argue with.
    Also I am spending my whole day checking everyone, heck instead of deleting most "wikipedia length" posts I am editing them to give a chance.
    But of course I am the bad guy.
    Can you please respond to me, I upload at least twice a week, i do gaming videos and i meet all other requirements. Please let me enter!
  • RatedK4Kilo wrote:

Yes this is really unfair for us really small time youtubers.
    I have 65 subscribers and I'm desperate to get some subs.
    Pewds is trying to help, but that stupid rule really surprised me.

I'd disagree. I personally have 68 subs, sure it sucks I cant enter while I do work hard for my channel. But on the other hand the 100 sub limit shows that you actually got something running and you probably want to make it happen. Those are also most likely active subs that watch your videos. How exacly is it unfair that he's asking you to prove that you want your channel to grow? He cannot go through everything, not in detail. What's the point to promote channel that will not benefit from the shoutout?

Reasonable limits if you ask from me. I would want to enter myself but its not end of the world if I dont. I'm sure the audience that is looking for content I produce, will sooner or later find their way to my channel.
  • CommaComma11 wrote:

I have a question to fellow YouTubers posting in this thread:
    Why do you need Pewds' shoutout to create quality content? I can almost smell the desperation on some of these posts. If you're doing it for the money and/or fame, you're doing it wrong IMHO.
    I just think you should look for quality not quantity. Its not hard to upload a video every day and get 100 subs, but to upload a good//great video every day//week is. This is a competition for people who are putting hard work in to their channels right?

I'm not desperate, far from it really... I just think that this rule is going to kill off a lot of great content creators straight away. I do it for fun, and when it stops being fun that's when I'll stop uploading videos....when I can. (Not everyday).....
  • Trolldone wrote:

I understand. I just want a boost so I have something to make video's for. As I said, I m starting exams though which requires alot of revision.
    If you need a boost to make videos you have the wrong attitude. It should be fun, not the opposite. Getting a boost is always good, but what when thats boost is over? Will you keep doing it or wait for the next boost?
  • How long will this comp be open for entries? I submitted my channel but it got rejected because it says I have 97 subs, I do have 100 subs though and maybe its taking YouTube a while to register that I do, Just wondering how long I have to wait before I can maybe submit again?
  • 71BreaKs wrote:

CommaComma11 wrote:

I have a question to fellow YouTubers posting in this thread:
    Why do you need Pewds' shoutout to create quality content? I can almost smell the desperation on some of these posts. If you're doing it for the money and/or fame, you're doing it wrong IMHO.
    I just think you should look for quality not quantity. Its not hard to upload a video every day and get 100 subs, but to upload a good//great video every day//week is. This is a competition for people who are putting hard work in to their channels right?

I'm not desperate, far from it really... I just think that this rule is going to kill off a lot of great content creators straight away. I do it for fun, and when it stops being fun that's when I'll stop uploading videos....when I can. (Not everyday).....
    Again, Why do you need Pewds to create that quality?
    Out of that massive number of posted channels only those that are ALREADY good quality will be selected. The number of subscribers are used as an initial measure to check the quality through popularity. After the filtering there is a possibly that they watch the videos too. Then, maybe, Pewds will select a couple he thinks are good.
    And yes, I know that there are great many channels with great quality that just don't receive the attention they need. The world demands more luck than you can imagine, so do everything you can within your own power and move on to other things if it didn't work.
    Comma does stuffs's on YouTube