Rpg maker horror game [One Lonely Night] [Released]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Otter wrote:

I'm not so familer with RP Makers sprite style, but I tried.

Perhaps make him move a little like this so he's not so static

Edit:
      Whoops, I meant "One Lonely Night"
      Man it looks really cool, but could you make the animation when looking up and down aswell?? and as you can see it can only have 3 frames of animation.. but you really don't need to do this if you don't want ...

Like the characters

The post was edited 1 time, last by pin70 ().

• I wish you the best of luck with your Horror RPG Maker Game. it is quite a challenge to create an effective RPG Maker Horror game. It takes ALOT of hard work.

The thing that someone mentioned about making the monster's chase you when your flashlight is off. To do that you just need to use a switches, and variables. XD

I always love seeing what others can make with RPG Maker. Although my suggestion to you is to use other sprites not the RTP! (default graphics from the game). It COULD ruin it slightly, but it's all up to you.

I wish you the best of luck

I am an experience musician and available to
      hire for your game projects for more visit my Soundcloudor click here
      PM me for more info
    • It all depends on what style of game you are trying to develop. For example:

Are you trying to:

Scare the shit outta the player
      confuse the player so much it scares them

If you wanna scare the shit outta the player, then you need to use atmosphere, use tint screen and BGM to your advantage.
      If you wanna confuse the player so much it causes them to doubt themselves, then what you wanna do is make them think they are safe, or are at risk, add abit of randomization using Conditional Branches and Variables.

PM me for more info
    • Jonnie91 wrote:

It all depends on what style of game you are trying to develop. For example:

Are you trying to:

Scare the shit outta the player
      confuse the player so much it scares them

If you wanna scare the shit outta the player, then you need to use atmosphere, use tint screen and BGM to your advantage.
      If you wanna confuse the player so much it causes them to doubt themselves, then what you wanna do is make them think they are safe, or are at risk, add abit of randomization using Conditional Branches and Variables.

Thanks for the answer, the screen is already extremely dark, you can barely see without flashlight. hey don't know if you could help me, but i'm having some trouble on how to make "game over" when event touch the actor, i've set the event or "monster" to parallel process, and a branch that says if "switch "flashlight" is on" follow player. it follows correctly, but how can i make it give "game over" at touch?
    • Okay that is nice and complex :P

First of all you need to ensure you know the position of both the player, and the monster. To do this you assign variables to it like so:

Now, once you've done that all you need to do is when the monster(in my events case, the ghost) and the player is in the same spot. You activate a game over:

This all goes ABOVE what you've already written of course :)

PM me for more info
    • Jonnie91 wrote:

Okay that is nice and complex :P

First of all you need to ensure you know the position of both the player, and the monster. To do this you assign variables to it like so:

Now, once you've done that all you need to do is when the monster(in my events case, the ghost) and the player is in the same spot. You activate a game over:

Thanks :D, tomorrow i'll test cause it's 1 in the morning here in brazil...
    • pin70 wrote:

Jonnie91 wrote:

Okay that is nice and complex :P

Thanks :D, tomorrow i'll test cause it's 1 in the morning here in brazil...
      Thanks man :D, works like a charm...
      If anyone have some creepy Background sounds that don't mind if use i would appreciate :D
    • Guys i think i can finish the game in about one more week, but i don't want you guys to hope for a big game or anything, cause this is kind of a training for me to maybe create more games in the future, it will also have a very short gameplay xD...
      i just hope pewdiepie plays it :D

• pin70 wrote:

Guys i think i can finish the game in about one more week, but i don't want you guys to hope for a big game or anything, cause this is kind of a training for me to maybe create more games in the future, it will also have a very short gameplay xD...
      i just hope pewdiepie plays it :D
      Update
      ================

Unfortunately my computer got a black screen error or something, and i had to format my computer, but i've managed to take out the HD and backup my game in another computer, this may delay a little the game cause i'll have to install everything again and i have some school work to do.

Sorry about that

Update
      =================

Past days have been kind of busy, i managed worked a little on the game and fix a few bugs, in about one week it will be ready...
      sorry for delay.

PS: As i said lots of times dont expect to be a good game xD, but i hope it is. my target is to get 15 or more minutes of gameplay...

• Thats seems great

That seems really awesome, it looks like a good game and I really like RPG horror games so i cant wait before you realise it, i would really like to play it too, and for the name suggestions, I suggest like Never stay alone, or Left alone ;) ;)
      Good luck with the game
      League of Legends is like the best game ever,so if you havent played it, play it, also here is my youtube channel youtube.com/user/PlayPaj?feature=mhee, if you want to suggest a game, just send me a message and i will try my best to play it
    • I'm making some progres, going to tell part of the story or the whole story in spoilers
      if you dont want to see dont Click it!

DONT CLICK IT

Display Spoiler
      So basically the girl is sleeping and she is stuck in a nightmare, where her house is cursed because a girl
      was murdered in her house, so she must collect the 3 more meaningful objects of the girl who died there
      so her soul will be freed.
      It is a very basic storyline xD, but i'm working on it, about 15 minutes gameplay...

xD tks...