A Project for Pewdiepie!

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• A Project for Pewdiepie!

Hello guys! I'm new here and I doubt that I will be paid much attention to, but that's fine too. :3
      Demo for "Scarlet Inferno" a game for Pewdiepie.
      Link: (Note you will need the "Run Time Package" (RTP) to run this game properly, OR IT WILL NOT WORK.
      Game Link: mediafire.com/?he16hvjihuq3f7x
      *Save this to your desktop and run the exe after the RTP is installed (Important!*

RTP link: rpgmakerweb.com/download/run-time-package
      *remember, download this, and install it first, before activating it. Otherwise the demo may/will not work.*

I have gotten a few emails of confusion about the demo, so I'll answer it here. Once you get into the house, the main character says he has a small candle on him. Just press escape and open your pack and activate the candle fom there. the issue has been remedied since the demo's release, however.

My name is Voodoo, and i have spent the last two months methodically watching many of pewdie's horror let's plays, taking notes and reviewing them with a scrutinous eye, taking notes of all of the elements that make a horror game extremely scary, yet enjoyable for pewdie to play. Among some of these games are Ao Oni, Afraid of monsters, Cry of Fear, Amnesia, Penumbra, custom stories, Slender, as well as a few other games that I fail to remember as of this moment. I have tried to note some of the scariest aspects, including sounds, visual triggers and psychological hints that make Pewdie tick while he plays, and draws him in further into a game. With that being said, I have an announcement to make:

I am creating a game, for Pewdiepie to play, should he choose so to do it. The name of the game is "The Inferno of Scarlet Rose" and for now the name is a place holder until a better name comes to mind, or is permanently placed into the game. I am taking hints from many designers but there will be no extracted ideas form any of the games, except for common ones that you may see in any horror game. To give you an Idea, here are a few notes on the game below:

1. The Inferno of Scarlet Rose is an episodic game, designed to build up from the get-go.
      2. There are elements from many inspirations, as amnesia, Resident evil (no flat out zombies ;p) and several other sources of inspiration
      3. The game will have a (mostly) custom ambient soundtrack created by me.
      4. The Inferno of Scarlet Rose is a Puzzle-based survival horror, with puzzles based off of logic, instead of myth. (an example would be- Find a door that's locked? Can't find the key? Screw it, Break it open)
      5. The Game will be designed around Pewdie's actual recording time, with each chapter of each episode ranging fro 10-15 minutes. This Allows Pewdie, (should he play this game) to play comfortably, knowing that he does not have to strain on recording time.
      6. There are multiple ways of saving, though to keep a challenge, a save menu will not be present. However, these options will still allow Pewdie to save as much as he can, should he find these items.
      7. There are two types of Horror implemented in this game: Panic and build up. I will try not to use cheap jump scares to achieve this. I instead, intend on sound and other methods to achieve this goal.
      8. The game will be built under RPG maker, with as many custom aspects as I can use.
      9. I will only release the game to Pewdie himself, should he choose to play it. However, I will show project status and frequent updates as often as I can, to account that I am, indeed, working on this.
      10. The first Episode is already under construction.
      11. Each episode should provide four to five recording sessions for pewdie, should he choose to play this.

Now as it stands, I am incredibly nervous. For one, I am new here and expect to be knocked down before I can even begin. For that I can only accept the blow and move on. However, I could use all of the bros out there and your support to guide me, and give me constructive criticism as needed. Now I do not know if Pewdie is even frequent on these forums, or if he pays attention to people like me, but this is fine, and again, I will create the game, even should he choose not to play it.

I really look forward to your response, and if you wish to contribute to the project, feel free to message me on here, or email me, at

[email protected]

The reasoning for this is of two things. The first is to help keep myself on track, and to get support that I truly need. The second reasoning for doing this, is to help channel my personal problems into something worth while, that maybe someone will appreciate it. In doing so, I hope to help my own self esteem as it is waning as of now.

I hope to hear from you all soon!

Also:

I will need proof readers and editors. My spelling is not the best, and though I do not think Pewdie would mind much, and even though this is a personal project, designed to help me as much as it is to get recognition. (Would you rather me lie?) I wish to try to remain as professional as possible. I have nothing to provide, other than credit to the people who help me. Help me get this out there. This is something I want-no, something I need to do. I know this doesn't make sense, but it doesn't have to right now.
      *brofist*

Hm, it seems there is only so much you can put into a post >.> very well just keep track!
      "....and when the darkness comes, and you see it, encircling you like a warm blanket in a cold night, you know that your time is at an end...but what do you do to prepare?"

The post was edited 7 times, last by Twisted Voodoo: "Praperly" was annoying the fuck out of me. ().

• Alright if you think you might be interested in proof reading, I'll gather up a simple test to see how well you can pick up mistakes. AGAIN, I'm not looking for perfection, but I don't want anyone going "MY GOD! THIS IS SHIT!" When they see numerous spelling errors.

Br00tal wrote:

Its in the right section and it sound like a badass idea.
      I can help you with testing, proofreading and maybe polish on the story

Guys, I'm going to try to have an announce trailer up sometime tonight. (there will be no game play, only a music track and a bit of story. Depending on how long it takes to do the track (The text placement won't take that long) It will be up tonight or tomorrow.
      "....and when the darkness comes, and you see it, encircling you like a warm blanket in a cold night, you know that your time is at an end...but what do you do to prepare?"
    • Im good at animating, designing, modeling, mapping, graphics etc. but im a little tad bit busy i was gone for a bit and someone f*ucked up my computer so i dont know if i can help :(
      Chair Mode Activated *boop*

http://www.youtube.com/user/dbaker004?feature=mhee<------ Sorry for kid voice i was editing the way i speak in the mic so it sounds different i kinda screwed it up a little and now the application wont open and im 15

click this link: BroArmy.OurToolbar.com/ to download the bro army toolbar i made myself
    • dbaker004 wrote:

Im good at animating, designing, modeling, mapping, graphics etc. but im a little tad bit busy i was gone for a bit and someone f*ucked up my computer so i dont know if i can help :(
      Your talents are of great use for most games that are built from the ground up, but like Ao oni, its built using RPG maker. This allows for much greater customization but it gives me enough tools to work with on there own, and though the resources are plenty, I do know what you could do if you truly wish to help. Though I can easily create a title screen on my own If you wish to help, I do need a good title screen,nothing fancy, infect less is more. I'm in a very awkward position right now typing (not that way >.> I'm off to the side) typing this, but if your interested to help a title screen might be nice. However as the title of the game is not stable yet I would not a lot of work going into this simply to be redone later. Keep in touch and if you wish to help, either email m or reply here, I'll be watching both.

And thank you for your interest in this!
    • Well ill see what i can do i just went camping for 3 days and i fell and landed my arm in the fire because of my dog but ill see what i can do i have dual monitors i can work on 2 parts of it if i wanted too but if my arms gets a little better ill do it right now i cant feel my arms i can bang it against the wall and i wont feel anything so ill do it if i get better
      Chair Mode Activated *boop*

http://www.youtube.com/user/dbaker004?feature=mhee<------ Sorry for kid voice i was editing the way i speak in the mic so it sounds different i kinda screwed it up a little and now the application wont open and im 15

click this link: BroArmy.OurToolbar.com/ to download the bro army toolbar i made myself
    • don't worry baker, this is the least worry on my mind as of now, as I am working on other aspects of the game. Don't worry :3
      Any game changes, such as information, screens or music that I choose to add to the poriginal post will be added under their own sections, depending on how I can edit it and make it look nice, for example, ther eis a story base that will be put up soon, as I am not currently home as of tonight and I am working off another computer that doesn't have any of the programs that I normally use on a day to day basis. For now though I have my typing skills and as bad as they may be they are adequate for this. So from now on any updates I will post under the orginal thread post, to save clutter and hopefully to make things more orginized through the coming days.

Pewdie, I really hope you take an interest to this.
    • The Great Gonzo wrote:

An RPG Maker horror game? FUCK YEAH! What RPG Maker version? 2000? XP? VX Ace?

-------------------- but I have loved the series since 2k3, so yeah) Using the RUB 1.2? It's able to produce things much better with less lag, more simultanious events, and eventing is nothing new to me, been doing it for years. Had a bit of experience with RGGS too, so that helps.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Twisted Voodoo: let's keep everything a surprise ;p ().

• We shall see, we shall see....
      Don't worry though I have faith in this, just like I said (did I?) earlier I'm not at home tonight, here it's 3am, and I'm not even at my computer so I am unable to work on anything. *GAH!*

The least I want to do is get a main theme for the song done, SOMETHING to prove that I really am working on this without blantant screen shots, or soemthing of that matter. You see, I work with reasons, and I have my own Keyboard and other tools that I use and I have an idea in my head for a theme, so when I get home I would very much like to get that out there, at least.