Mod abuse

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Hi everyone, much to my disappointment I have reached the point where this is getting to far. The mod abusive is stupid. Mutes and bans for minor offences. Some people are very rude and offensive and get away with it. Some people butt lick the mods and influence who gets muted and banned. This is outrageous!!! I am very annoyed and put off because of this. The mods should either be less powerful or new mods should be selected as all they do is abuse the power they have.

something needs to be done.
    Ed.
  • I figured this problem as well but many months ago, and that's why i'm not so much active on Broarmy like i was before. My way to get along with it, was just to ignore the site and go in the Brochat just once in a while. But if we carefully think about it, it's kinda sad that we bros have to back off Pewdiepie's brospace just for someone's abuses.
    After all, this space was made for Pewdiepie's fans and them talking about him.
    On one hand I think mods are indispensable. Leaving the chat or the forum to chaos is not the right solution.
    On the other I know things can't go on like this if everybody wants to be happy in here.

Well, couldn't it be awesome if we make them switch every once in a while? Like every 3/4 months.
    Another suggestion could be us voting them. They propose, we vote them and elect them, also, every once in a while.
    And Eddie, since your topic is important and many people care about this, I hope it won't be ignored and someone takes action.
  • First of all, I get where you're coming from. It's weird that the mods don't have to abide by the rules when it comes to posting links or using swear words. On the other hand: users get excused a LOT, especially the ones who are longer here or show good behavior most of the time. But breaking the rules is breaking the rules: you cannot blame a mod for muting someone, when she comes in the chat swearing. If you really want to file a complain, just write a message to one of the admins of this website. The mods here are just doing this in their free time and don't deserve the flack you've been giving them. You know how frustrating it can be to herd so many teenagers at the same time?
    Visit my YouTube channel TerrionGaming !!
  • I have contacted an admin and explained the issue and asked for mystery to be made into a mod. Terr, I understand that being a mod is hard and can be frustrating but when it gets to the point that they abuse the power they have it seems a little unfair. I dont have a problem with the rules being enforced but sometimes its the amount of time someone is muted for and the fact some people get away with ridiculous offences (not going to name any names).
  • impish looter x wrote:

like yumi chan getting muted for spamming in an empty chat?

Just because the room is empty it doesn't mean you're allowed to spam in it.

Phantom Stephano wrote:

Well, couldn't it be awesome if we make them switch every once in a while? Like every 3/4 months.
    Another suggestion could be us voting them. They propose, we vote them and elect them, also, every once in a while.

Not going to happen, not now or ever.
    I can count the amount of people that are smart enough to handle the job on one hand - Having votes will just put "popular" people in a position of power which they cannot handle.

eddielikespie wrote:

some people get away with ridiculous offences (not going to name any names).

I know what these "ridiculous offences" are. That's just people overreacting to some [admittedly stupid] statements.

The point is, we're here to keep users in check and that's bound to cause butthurt on the users' part.
    No one's paying us to babysit you and while this whole issue does raise a couple decent points the way it was presented was nothing more than pathetic.
    Crying about human rights being denied, seriously? Have some common sense, at the end of the day this place is still a forum dedicated to a YouTube celebrity.
    That being said, we are looking for people to recruit. Most of us have stuff to do outside of here so you can't expect a mod to be glued to the screen 24/7, hence why sometimes things slip. That, coupled with the fact that some mods are stricter than others can result to this so called "abuse".
    This issue was blown way out of proportion for no reason other than rage but hey, we're here to receive feedback among other things.
  • Ectre wrote:

impish looter x wrote:

like yumi chan getting muted for spamming in an empty chat?

Just because the room is empty it doesn't mean you're allowed to spam in it.

Phantom Stephano wrote:

Not going to happen, not now or ever.
    I can count the amount of people that are smart enough to handle the job on one hand - Having votes will just put "popular" people in a position of power which they cannot handle.

eddielikespie wrote:

some people get away with ridiculous offences (not going to name any names).

I know what these "ridiculous offences" are. That's just people overreacting to some [admittedly stupid] statements.

The point is, we're here to keep users in check and that's bound to cause butthurt on the users' part.
    No one's paying us to babysit you and while this whole issue does raise a couple decent points the way it was presented was nothing more than pathetic.
    Crying about human rights being denied, seriously? Have some common sense, at the end of the day this place is still a forum dedicated to a YouTube celebrity.
    That being said, we are looking for people to recruit. Most of us have stuff to do outside of here so you can't expect a mod to be glued to the screen 24/7, hence why sometimes things slip. That, coupled with the fact that some mods are stricter than others can result to this so called "abuse".
    This issue was blown way out of proportion for no reason other than rage but hey, we're here to receive feedback among other things.

I understand that but when people are getting put off because of how they are treated within the chat then something is obviously wrong. Anyone will get butt hurt when muted but sometimes the mutes are unjust or too long for the offence. Strict is not bad but as I said its how the mods can be inconsistent, as you said that the mods have other things to do in their own time which is perfectly reasonable. It would be nice to have more mods and a rule list for the mods that we have access to so we can identify when the mods are maybe taking things a little to far just like us users do sometimes. It would also be nice to have a set mute time for certain offences so it isnt just what the mod feels is best.
  • eddielikespie wrote:

It would be nice to have more mods and a rule list for the mods

We're searching for people to recruit. Mystery's the first one [he's not in the team just yet, but will be soon].
    As for the rule list, we do have guidelines but they're in the Team Lounge. However,

eddielikespie wrote:

It would also be nice to have a set mute time for certain offences so it isnt just what the mod feels is best.

This is actually a good idea. We'll edit the rules and the guidelines to show the mute/ban penalty users will get if they're caught breaking rules.
    Having the "mods' rules" next to the normal Rules could confuse newcomers, but adding the penalties to both threads should be more than enough.
  • Dano, in all respects, I understand the vision as to why you see this as pathetic, but I honestly have to agree with Eddie a bit on this one. I had brought up this issue of mods missing in action and I only felt as if it were something brushed off with an excuse. You yourself told me 'We have lives outside of this forum.', yet I never heard what was going to be done to handle said situation. Now, I know I'm not a mod, but in no way was it even hinted at that the situation was being dealt with.
    As for the mods using their power to break rules how they please, it only disappoints when a person who comes on here to enforce the rules can't also have the decency to follow them. They ultimately are an example for those who are on here and for someone to give zero fucks about it is downright embarrassing.
    Durpa durr?
  • Ectre wrote:

eddielikespie wrote:

It would be nice to have more mods and a rule list for the mods

We're searching for people to recruit. Mystery's the first one [he's not in the team just yet, but will be soon].
    As for the rule list, we do have guidelines but they're in the Team Lounge. However,

eddielikespie wrote:

It would also be nice to have a set mute time for certain offences so it isnt just what the mod feels is best.

This is actually a good idea. We'll edit the rules and the guidelines to show the mute/ban penalty users will get if they're caught breaking rules.
    Having the "mods' rules" next to the normal Rules could confuse newcomers, but adding the penalties to both threads should be more than enough.

Thanks ectre, It would be nice if us users could have a little more control over how the forum is, it would be a step in the right direction.
  • eddielikespie wrote:

Hi everyone, much to my disappointment I have reached the point where this is getting to far. The mod abusive is stupid. Mutes and bans for minor offences. Some people are very rude and offensive and get away with it. Some people butt lick the mods and influence who gets muted and banned. This is outrageous!!! I am very annoyed and put off because of this. The mods should either be less powerful or new mods should be selected as all they do is abuse the power they have.

something needs to be done.
    Ed.

TL;DR.

Basically you're mad because you got muted because you wouldn't let a topic drop and the mod decided to end it using the mute command.

Long story short, you thought milk was rude & offensive yadayadayada, some of the people before this chat log started the flame war by antagonizing milk (conveniently some of the same people that liked the op's post but that's clearly not my business since the "mods are the bad guys here")

You proceeded to say the mods "were commenting" and "no mutes" happened. I personally do not mute/ban when people b*tch at each other [edit; all the time, some cases it was required] online but some mods may get tired of seeing people act like kids and end it with commands before it gets ugly. Others just start shit-storms just to see mods get annoyed.

And yes, I got annoyed that night. I can even post screenshots of my "offensive comments" about the troll that returned on and on to troll the chat & the mods (also, conveniently OP's friend).

Now, the mods are people too. We're not bots, and generally not even the nicest people around. We do have bad days, and sometimes make bad judgement calls. But calling us out on this particular incident and pretending like we broke several federal laws is just plain stupid.

Next...

"mutes are unjust or too long for the offence"

That depends on the mod & the situation. In this case, (@op) your friend kept on coming back and trolling the chat & us with names of dictators and celebrities as if it was a big joke. You clearly saw nothing wrong with him breaking several rules when you said this:

I'm completely and 100% sure that making multiple accounts, trolling accounts and mods & being a general nuisance is not breaking any rules kappa.

"I understand that being a mod is hard and can be frustrating but when it gets to the point that they abuse the power they have it seems a little unfair. I dont have a problem with the rules being enforced but sometimes its the amount of time someone is muted for and the fact some people get away with ridiculous offences (not going to name any names). "

Some people get treated better than others, I'm not going to deny or hide it because we know some people have the tendency to just lose it. Call it what you will, but certain people here would have been gone a long time ago if we weren't as lenient with them in the past. And I would have been lenient with you as well if you hadn't been "supporting" your friend (the troll that kept on coming back with new accounts).

Definitions, before people take this the wrong way

OP - Original poster of thread, which would be Eddielikespie.
    Kappa - Sarcasm

The post was edited 1 time, last by Max ().

• Well Max the thing is that Lobo muted Eddie because she wanted only Milk and I to handle the situation together but Semi Bimbi and EddieLovesPie kept talking. That's why Lobo muted them. And really for me too, I think this is a very serious topic. Of course I do think sometimes the mods are really mean sometimes and cruel to the members here. Of course I do think that it is wrong for mods to call members names like "cunt" and stuff like that. However, I know that mods just do these to have a little fun and I don't get offended by those, usually. If I do, I just get over it quickly. I feel like this thread is designed to share our opinions and not argue against others. I am on no sides of if i think the mods are bad or not. However, I do feel like both the members and the mods should get along with each other. There's nothing good that will come out of this argument if we keep arguing about the mods being bad or good. If you think the mods are bad, just like what Phantom Stephano said, leave broarmy for a while and then come back or just report this problem to the admin. If this is not enough, try and talk to other people in a fashion where no arguments or trouble is caused. And mods, I don't want to sound like a bitch or anything, but I would like to see some kindness and caringness(?) towards members. Of course I'm not saying that you guys do not have these traits but sometimes trying to make jokes that people think are funny, might not be funny for others. Anyways, I hope this problem gets resolved quickly and get along together again. I love everyone in the broarmy and I hope no one makes enemies either. Thank you for spending time to read my monologue. I really appreciate it. >w< Have a great day/night >w<

私の名前は柊 シノアです。

あたしはアニメが好き 。

The post was edited 2 times, last by Weeaboo ().

• ericcckky wrote:

Of course I do think sometimes the mods are really mean sometimes and cruel to the members here. Of course I do think that it is wrong for mods to call members names like "cunt" and stuff like that.

In most situations the word was used as in stop being a ______. Though I do agree the choice in wording is rude *cough @Ectre

ericcckky wrote:

I know that mods just do these to have a little fun

The only fun we have is when mods ban other mods. Other than that, we don't usually waltz into a chatroom and start calling everyone in there a ______.

ericcckky wrote:

There's nothing good that will come out of this argument if we keep arguing about the mods being bad or good.

If you're going to argue, don't make the post look like we just killed 6 million people. The worst thing we've done up till now is mute someone for a day extra because they didn't know when to stop arguing.

ericcckky wrote:

And mods, I don't want to sound like a bitch or anything, but I would like to see some kindness and caringness(?) towards members

I'm not going to put up a fake care face when I see people acting like little kids. You want to bitch about life and how everyone here sucks? Go to facebook. You think you're tough as hell & willing to be an internet warrior all day everyday? Go to reddit. And if you're here for shits and giggles, go to the kitchen and make popcorn because a lot of cringy/facepalm things happen here.

All in all, we'll fix up the moderator rules to disallow mod-mod banning & the sailor talk. The rules will be adjusted with set mute/ban times though certain mods can use higher ban/mute times depending on the circumstance.

• Max- wrote:

ericcckky wrote:

Of course I do think sometimes the mods are really mean sometimes and cruel to the members here. Of course I do think that it is wrong for mods to call members names like "cunt" and stuff like that.

In most situations the word was used as in stop being a ______. Though I do agree the choice in wording is rude *cough @Ectre

ericcckky wrote:

I know that mods just do these to have a little fun

The only fun we have is when mods ban other mods. Other than that, we don't usually waltz into a chatroom and start calling everyone in there a ______.

ericcckky wrote:

There's nothing good that will come out of this argument if we keep arguing about the mods being bad or good.

If you're going to argue, don't make the post look like we just killed 6 million people. The worst thing we've done up till now is mute someone for a day extra because they didn't know when to stop arguing.

ericcckky wrote:

And mods, I don't want to sound like a bitch or anything, but I would like to see some kindness and caringness(?) towards members

I'm not going to put up a fake care face when I see people acting like little kids. You want to bitch about life and how everyone here sucks? Go to facebook. You think you're tough as hell & willing to be an internet warrior all day everyday? Go to reddit. And if you're here for shits and giggles, go to the kitchen and make popcorn because a lot of cringy/facepalm things happen here.

All in all, we'll fix up the moderator rules to disallow mod-mod banning & the sailor talk. The rules will be adjusted with set mute/ban times though certain mods can use higher ban/mute times depending on the circumstance.

I wasn't trying to argue and I never did argue. I just wanted to say that this hatred towards each other should be resolved quickly. Never had any intentions of arguing with anyone

私の名前は柊 シノアです。

あたしはアニメが好き 。