Disappointed in PewDiePie

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Disappointed in PewDiePie

I don't hate PewDiePie, I love his videos. This is my opinion, from my perspective.

So, basically... you turn off the comments on all your videos when it is optional for you or anybody else to actually read the comments. You aren't forced to read them. Then you give us links in your video's comments on how to comment on your videos in other ways such as through your website which is the main way.

Now, forgive me if I'm wrong, but this site probably has advertisements on it, right? I don't know because I use AdBlock(er). So what's more profitable than just earning money from advertisements on your videos? Well, redirecting the people who have just watched your video and advertisements on it to your website effectively increasing the revenue you get.

I guess it's all about the money these days.
      Hopefully a moderator won't delete this.
    • The income made from the ads on this site aren't really that profitable to be fair, the cost of the server that comes in addition with all the software and people keeping it running makes this more of a thing that's a side service without profit other than benefiting the community.
      I have the pleasure of moderating the glitched YouTube comments (at least partly, writing a bot currently). These things are pure poison sometimes, at least you can have fun reading the comments and discussing on here.
    • mKeRix wrote:

The income made from the ads on this site aren't really that profitable to be fair, the cost of the server that comes in addition with all the software and people keeping it running makes this more of a thing that's a side service without profit other than benefiting the community.
      I have the pleasure of moderating the glitched YouTube comments (at least partly, writing a bot currently). These things are pure poison sometimes, at least you can have fun reading the comments and discussing on here.

I'll click all the ads you want, master.
      Blah, blah bring back amnesia and old poodz.
    • yerboi wrote:

mKeRix wrote:

The income made from the ads on this site aren't really that profitable to be fair, the cost of the server that comes in addition with all the software and people keeping it running makes this more of a thing that's a side service without profit other than benefiting the community.

I'll click all the ads you want, master.

Thats not.... something you can do it may get your, for example, google adsense account disabled (or at least it used to i think now google just checks the clicks for invalid ones and takes them off) the best way to contribute is to donate to the website go to the bottom left on the website page and theres a thing where it says "donations". The Admins/Moderators work very hard to keep this website up and running so its always nice to give them AT LEAST some money maybe to buy coffee at starbucks as a little gift for such a great way for the bro's to comunicate.

Aoredon wrote:

I don't hate PewDiePie, I love his videos. This is my opinion, from my perspective.

So, basically... you turn off the comments on all your videos when it is optional for you or anybody else to actually read the comments. You aren't forced to read them. Then you give us links in your video's comments on how to comment on your videos in other ways such as through your website which is the main way.

Now, forgive me if I'm wrong, but this site probably has advertisements on it, right? I don't know because I use AdBlock(er). So what's more profitable than just earning money from advertisements on your videos? Well, redirecting the people who have just watched your video and advertisements on it to your website effectively increasing the revenue you get.

I guess it's all about the money these days.
      Hopefully a moderator won't delete this.

He also disabled the comments because only the "true bro's" will bother to actually come to this website to comment and the "fake ones" that do come here to spam and advertise are in so little quantity that it can be easily controlled.
    • I know what you are saying, but i think it is this way:

Pewds is and always will be the one making choices over his youtube account. He isn't the only one who hated the comment section but there re also people who really dislike him turning off the comments. For those people he created this entire website! just because he wanted to stay in touch with us bros! As Miao said: "He also disabled the comments because only the "true bro's" will bother to actually come to this website to comment and the "fake ones" that do come here to spam and advertise are in so little quantity that it can be easily controlled." In this way people doing self advertisement won't follow, and even if they would they can be banned.

Discussing the profits matter, you certainly do have a pont, but it is all non-profit based. Just to keep the website, database, and hosting running. I think Pewds did a great job.

If anyone disagrees i'd love to hear your feedback!!

Sorry for any unaccurate English, i am not a native speaker.
    • It's not even meant in that way. The comments in general were crowded with hate,spam, advertisements and the like. The enviroment over here is way more moderated compared to YouTube, which is the main reason he decided to place the comment section here. Here comments are actual comments by people who enjoy his videos instead of trying to advertise their channel in the hope that people will click on the links they drop.

Besides that, this is more than a place to drop your comments. It's a community with people who share common interests, in this case PewDiePie. You can make a lot of friends here by just socializing with everyone around you and you will have amazing fun doing so.

Also, why would you think that this is an easy cashgrab whilst he already has all the money he could wish for?