YouTube finally rolls out 60FPS !

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• YouTube finally rolls out 60FPS !

It's about freaking time, YouTube. There is a Kotaku article up that has a few details, but the only real details it has are that you need Google Chrome or Safari to see videos in 60 fps, and the video must be set to 720p or above.

Here is a quick Shadow of Mordor clip that was made using Nvidia ShadowPlay strictly to test how this actually looks. I can't wait to see what others are going to do with their videos now! What do you think? Have any plans for anything now that your videos aren't going to be cut down to 30 fps? PewDiePie?

This was recorded in 1080p60, so try it in that quality on YouTube in full screen and see how it looks! Remember this only works in Chrome and Safari for now (possibly IE? Definitely not Firefox)
    • Finally Youtube catches up! :thumbsup:
      It's a cool feature, though I don't think Youtubers like Pewdiepie will be uploading 60fps exclusively from now on. More stress on computer while recording, double the file size and double the upload time, also it's not really necessary for lots of games.

• Piddlesan wrote:

Finally Youtube catches up! :thumbsup:
      It's a cool feature, though I don't think Youtubers like Pewdiepie will be uploading 60fps exclusively from now on. More stress on computer while recording, double the file size and double the upload time, also it's not really necessary for lots of games.

Games with high quality like Outlast, The Evil Within, the upcoming Farcry 4, it's almost mandatory though.
      Most of the games Pewds play aren't really necessary x)