Intro Or No Intro?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Lyrahel wrote:

RatedK4Kilo wrote:

Vicsyyy wrote:

Personally I absolutely despise watching videos with intros.
      You are not a TV show, what are you doing...?
      Exactly, this is the best answer yet!

A 7 second intro is something you despise vicsyyy? It is the first impression you can give someone to show you're different and interesting. To stand out you need to seperate yourself from the "big" youtubers. Even a 3 second intro can help a lot it is just important to represent yourself. And of course it needs to be good and catchy.

And in some way it indeed IS a show. Not a tv show, but still a show.

Hence why I said "TV show"
      If you need an intro to "represent yourself", then you're not built for youtube. Intros are rarely done well, and often just turn people away, it's much easier to go straight into a video with your heart and soul.
      So uh. I write
    • Vicsyyy wrote:

Lyrahel wrote:

RatedK4Kilo wrote:

Vicsyyy wrote:

Personally I absolutely despise watching videos with intros.
      You are not a TV show, what are you doing...?
      Exactly, this is the best answer yet!

A 7 second intro is something you despise vicsyyy? It is the first impression you can give someone to show you're different and interesting. To stand out you need to seperate yourself from the "big" youtubers. Even a 3 second intro can help a lot it is just important to represent yourself. And of course it needs to be good and catchy.

And in some way it indeed IS a show. Not a tv show, but still a show.

Hence why I said "TV show"
      If you need an intro to "represent yourself", then you're not built for youtube. Intros are rarely done well, and often just turn people away, it's much easier to go straight into a video with your heart and soul.

And a well made intro with heart and soul is not fit for youtube? How did you get to that conclusion? We're talking about a few seconds, which are having a great impact at first glance. A normal phrase to welcome your audience won't be enough to make them remember you. And as a small youtuber being remembered in a good way IS important.

And yeah you're right, it's easier to start a video without an intro. A good intro shows that you put effort into your videos.

Of course it won't do any good if you're not able to produce something with quality.

Still having an intro or not is saying squat about heart and soul or passion that has been put into a video.
    • Lyrahel wrote:

A normal phrase to welcome your audience won't be enough to make them remember you. And as a small youtuber being remembered in a good way IS important.
      You're so wrong... psychology studies say that first impressions are made in the first 7 seconds of face-to-face contact.
      If you greet your audience in the beginning of a video and if you do it with proper energy, you will draw someone's attention waaaay better then any intro can do it, that's why it's good to have a facecam... most people see intros like they see ads, they're annoying, cause remember, they got to your video to see the VIDEO, not the intro...
      RatedK4Kilo

Making videos daily!

• RatedK4Kilo wrote:

Lyrahel wrote:

A normal phrase to welcome your audience won't be enough to make them remember you. And as a small youtuber being remembered in a good way IS important.
      You're so wrong... psychology studies say that first impressions are made in the first 7 seconds of face-to-face contact.
      If you greet your audience in the beginning of a video and if you do it with proper energy, you will draw someone's attention waaaay better then any intro can do it, that's why it's good to have a facecam... most people see intros like they see ads, they're annoying, cause remember, they got to your video to see the VIDEO, not the intro...

Kilo. I said not ENOUGH to remember you. At least if you're not already someone big. Of course you need a proper greeting that is catchy. Why else would I do it in every video... X( The Intro is for them to get imprinted on what channel they are. There is definitely no WRONG or RIGHT in this discussion. Some people like this more some the other way. And the first face to face contact is made after the Facecam appears you're right on that one, but mine appears after the intro sequence.
    • I personally can't bear to watch anyone with an intro. I'll always skip an intro if presented with one and I can't subscribe to anyone with an intro because the same thing every episode would annoy me too much. I don't really see why you would need an intro anyway.. You're watching the video right? Why do you need to be reminded who it's by? If you like it you'll subscribe and find out who made it anyway!

On the other hand though, some people like intro's. I personally can't stand them, but that's just my opinion. Run your channel how you like, as in the end it is YOUR channel after all :)
      A smile a day, keeps sadness away!

Come and have a good ol' cuppa with me... You know you want to ...
    • What's exactly wrong with trying to have a series like a web show and having a title sequence. I have minor titles for my shows and a full sequence for my main show which I present like show. I'm not saying everyone needs one and I don't think they have much of a place for LPs and Vlogs for example. But they can help give a good impression of what your about to see and they can be catchy.

I've even had people argue in favor of having cold openings before their titles start which i tried for while but i though broke the flow of the video. But they don't harm anyone and you can just skip if you really are that offended by 10 seconds of footage. I always switch them up from time to time so it doesn't get repetitive which is the one thing I don't like about them.

^My game/film documentary/review series... check it out!