Why I personally dislike Pewpiedie videos

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Why I personally dislike Pewpiedie videos

Hi guys let me start of by saying I do not dislike him as a person, but I dislike his content uploaded to Youtube. I can accept that people will have different opinions than me, and I respect that, but I have my opinion as well, so keep that in mind. This opinion is not meant to offend anyone, and if you have an opinion on my opinion I encourage you to share it :) .

I dislike Pewpiedie's content because, most of his videos aren't entertaining at all. I admit I liked the Happy wheel videos, but apart from that his videos just consist of annoying scream, which is ear deafening, and over exaggerated reactions to something little, and most of his facial experissons are obviously faked to make him seem more funny, plus he tries way to hard to be funny. This is mostly from his lets play videos. Anyone could do what he does, which is to make videos of them playing games, and making stupid noises, and to throw in rubbish jokes every now and again. It's pathetic that he makes so much money from his videos, and is the most subscribed youtuber, and yet his videos have little next to no quality.

They that basically sums up my opinion on his videos. Lets just say his kind of videos aren't to my taste, and I can why some of you will disagree with me. So I am sorry if this offended anyone, thanks for reading I guess :P .

The post was edited 1 time, last by unbion5 ().

• Of course , most if this is true. But remember, most of his fanbase are like between 8-14 and they find it funny.
    If you look at his old videos , you can see back then he was actually recording HIS own reaction not the reaction his fanbase demanded. Back then there were more normal people. He's just simply doing what his fanbase is demanding.

Also youtube changed their system , giving money based on likes/time length (and a let's play video is minimum 10 minutes long video ) thus the reason youtube started putting him everywhere and spamming even emails about it.
    And talking about quality.
    Look at smaller let's player's quality. You'll see that his quality is far better than other's (seriously check how many 0 quality let's players are out there) and there is no more he could do. Actually he did try some new things, but -once again- fans raged about it.

I personally don't watch his newer videos ( mostly watching updates/news) for the very reason but I won't say his videos are bad. Just not my taste and honestly I think sometimes or most of the time he thinks the same. Like if he tried a game (he really liked personally) and really played it without these "faces/ jokes" , the fans already attacked him so we can't blame him for doing what he is doing in his newer videos.
    <--- Oh, you hate me son?
  • Bundyclan wrote:

Of course , most if this is true. But remember, most of his fanbase are like between 8-14 and they find it funny.
    If you look at his old videos , you can see back then he was actually recording HIS own reaction not the reaction his fanbase demanded. Back then there were more normal people. He's just simply doing what his fanbase is demanding.

Also youtube changed their system , giving money based on likes/time length (and a let's play video is minimum 10 minutes long video ) thus the reason youtube started putting him everywhere and spamming even emails about it.
    Look at smaller let's player's quality. You'll see that his quality is far better than other's (seriously check how many 0 quality let's players are out there) and there is no more he could do. Actually he did try some new things, but -once again- fans raged about it.

I personally don't watch his newer videos ( mostly watching updates/news) for the very reason but I won't say his videos are bad. Just not my taste and honestly I think sometimes or most of the time he thinks the same. Like if he tried a game (he really liked personally) and really played it without these "faces/ jokes" , the fans already attacked him so we can't blame him for doing what he is doing in his newer videos.

I totally agree with you, He just drifts along with what the fans want. It may not be everyones taste, But some people like it. Just remember the good times and accept that things have to change sometimes, He's still a great guy and is still moving up the youtuber ranks, Still making people happy. :thumbsup:
  • I can see what you mean, and I get that his fanbase are young, and like the sort of stuff that he does. I respect that. It's good that he tried to do something new, but you know how some people react to change. I guess his videos will have the same kind of style to please his fans. Just his video style personally is not my cup of tea, probably because, I am older than the average fan of his, but I get why people find him entertaining.

Bundyclan wrote:

Of course , most if this is true. But remember, most of his fanbase are like between 8-14 and they find it funny.

• I wait to see how will he do in the new Amnesia o.o...
    He's an awesome person. Trying to make everyone satisfied is not a crime but yes indeed, it was funnier before. At first I thought it was me not finding it funny any more, but frankly I still laugh at older videos he made.
    On the outside I may appear like an emotionless sarcastic piece of shit, but just like an onion, when you peel off more layers, you find the exact same thing every single time and you start crying.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
  • Ritual Lobotomy wrote:

I wait to see how will he do in the new Amnesia o.o...
    He's an awesome person. Trying to make everyone satisfied is not a crime but yes indeed, it was funnier before. At first I thought it was me not finding it funny any more, but frankly I still laugh at older videos he made.

Amnesia is what made PewDiePie extremely popular. It will be interesting to see how he will play A Machine For Pigs. Just looking from the first hour montage he uploaded a week back, it's both funny, and scary for me, which is the Felix I know and love.

#HoldTheGrizzly
  • NZ Stephano wrote:

Ritual Lobotomy wrote:

I wait to see how will he do in the new Amnesia o.o...

Amnesia is what made PewDiePie extremely popular. It will be interesting to see how he will play A Machine For Pigs. Just looking from the first hour montage he uploaded a week back, it's both funny, and scary for me, which is the Felix I know and love.

#HoldTheGrizzly

Hell yeah lol I watched it too. Man I hate those scary ass kids, but in the same time it's quite awesome. Haha grizzly and piano part all the way \m/. I believe he'll keep up the good work on this one :3.
    On the outside I may appear like an emotionless sarcastic piece of shit, but just like an onion, when you peel off more layers, you find the exact same thing every single time and you start crying.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
  • well i actually think he's like one of the best gamers on youtube, he makes me laugh and i always look forward to watchin his videos, plus iam super excited that he's uploading the new amnesia game saw it last nite and i gotta say it was scary and really good :)
  • Well, I commend you for actually being polite in your opinion! The second I saw the title of this thread I immediately thought 'oh God here's going to be someone swearing everyone out and going on about how he's the worst human possible'.
    I honestly love him just because he's able to make me laugh during horrible days, and he really seems to just want to make everyone happy, right down to almost stopping with most of the black comedy he used to just plug hard into his videos.
  • I honestly think that he lost all of his creativity and now just does what fans want. I mean it's a bit overwhelming to please 12 million fans.

Back in the day he used to actually be funny and be reactive to things, now he just does it for the fans,

It's a shame because I used to like him. Now he's just repetitive and stale.

His fan-base too is a bit ridiculous too sometimes. The "Bro-Army" likes to heckle anyone who does anything that even remotely resembles him and that gives him a bad name.

• unbion5 wrote:

Hi guys let me start of by saying I do not dislike him as a person, but I dislike his content uploaded to Youtube. I can accept that people will have different opinions than me, and I respect that, but I have my opinion as well, so keep that in mind. This opinion is not meant to offend anyone, and if you have an opinion on my opinion I encourage you to share it :) .

I dislike Pewpiedie's content because, most of his videos aren't entertaining at all. I admit I liked the Happy wheel videos, but apart from that his videos just consist of annoying scream, which is ear deafening, and over exaggerated reactions to something little, and most of his facial experissons are obviously faked to make him seem more funny, plus he tries way to hard to be funny. This is mostly from his lets play videos. Anyone could do what he does, which is to make videos of them playing games, and making stupid noises, and to throw in rubbish jokes every now and again. It's pathetic that he makes so much money from his videos, and is the most subscribed youtuber, and yet his videos have little next to no quality.

They that basically sums up my opinion on his videos. Lets just say his kind of videos aren't to my taste, and I can why some of you will disagree with me. So I am sorry if this offended anyone, thanks for reading I guess :P .

I was fully prepared to tell you to fuck off, but I realize that you're actually right. To me, it all depends on whether or whether not Felix enjoys playing the game. With his playthroughs of Bully, Deadpool, and Conker, I loved those because he looked like he was having fun playing those games. But fucking Toilet Simulator/Robot Vacuum simulator 2013? I hated that video because you can just tell, Pewds did NOT enjoy it one bit.
  • People change. He isn't a teenager anymore. Is he 23? 24? He takes things more seriously this days. And his growing fanbase is demanding more and more, so what can he really do.

Pewds got so popular because he was one of the first who actually started recording gameplay footage. And Amnesia raised him on the next step. His older videos suited everybody, but now when the community is growing with kids, things changed.

• I respect everyone's opinions with how they say he just "pleases" fans now but it's NOT TRUE. As he said he gets scared VERY easily and has those reactions thanks to his Dad. It's just him. Seriously, you try FAKING that stuff without people being able to tell. It's NOT easy. With my Haunt video I made, when I saw Slender (because I'm a pussy kinda like Pewds I guess XD) I SCREAMED my head off! And it wasn't for people to laugh at (although admittedly it was pretty frickin' hilarious how dumb the scream was), I did it GENUINELY. I don't know why, I just kinda, blurted it out and screamed like a girl when I saw him. XD I am younger though, so it makes me a bit more scared than even pewds. Maybe... Anyway, I think pewds is just genuinely scared in his horror videos and does he try to hard to be funny? Sometimes, yes, but either way he can be hilarious! JUST my opinion. Don't want hating but you are free to speak your mind :D
    DYLAN.M
  • Takes balls to post his opinion to well done at least! I really think a minority of his fan base give his community a terrible name - namely the ones who go video to video harrassing anyone who so much as pokes fun at PDP or even heckles other youtubers doing games because they claim they are copying him.

That's life, I guesd
  • Am I the only one who cannot tell the difference!? :')
    I watched PDP back when he had around half a million subscribers and I've carried on watching and, except from his content change, I can't tell the difference! Am I missing something?
    Maybe I'm still just incredibly immature, huh? ;)