Can I get the techies here to help me?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Can I get the techies here to help me?

Hello bros!
    Im going to buy a new gpu for my computer,
    Here are my specs:
    Cpu: Intel dual core e5200 2.5 ghz
    Ram: DDR2 2 GB
    GPU: G210 1GB
    PSU ( dont know the brand) 500 watts
    The problem is I want to buy a Gt 440 : SPECS: geforce.com/hardware/desktop-g…40-channel/specifications (DDR5)
    but my problem is I dont know if my PSU could handle it. ( I think you need 400 watts for GT440)

Thanks for reading!
    Im Bluessues and I play the Blues!!

Here is my Youtube channel!!:http://www.youtube.com/user/Bluessues
  • It's hard to help you without some details about your PSU. Why don't you buy a new PSU to go along with the new GPU you plan to buy, they're not that expensive. I also don't like the look of your RAM either :(

Besides the GPU that you plan to buy has the following PSU requirements

Thermal and Power Specs

Maximum GPU Temperature (in C)

98 C

Maximum Graphics Card Power (W)

65 W

Minimum System Power Requirement (W)

300 W

I take it you have more than 300W of minimum power? I would still upgrade your PSU sooner or later through as the more demanding hardware you purchase the larger the power requirement is going to be.

The post was edited 1 time, last by DanViron ().

• I'm pretty sure you are going to need to get a new PSU. If you are thinking about upgrading more in the future you should go ahead and get the best one you can get now. I would recommend 800 or more watts. I have a 850 right now and it works great! but I would get the PSU before doing anything else. The two things you even want to short your self on is your motherboard and your PSU.
    Join the Bongo Crew today by clicking > here <
  • Bluessues wrote:

Thanks guys for the reply!
    Sorry guys, I dont think I have the budget for a new PSU yet, but could you pls recommend me other gpus? and which is better: Nvidia or ATi

Depends on the price range your looking at bro, I personally prefer AMD as they provide a great performance for a good cost (also have the best mid price ranged GPUs available).
  • MuteMassacre wrote:

NVIDIA all the way, AMD is a dying market with lacking driver support. 500W's is usually plenty for most graphic cards unless your stepping into modern ranges of say the 660 670 onwards you'll be looking at 750W minimum. 500W will be fine for that card though.

just because Nvidia GPU's are better than AMD doesn't mean they suck, they are good quality for a good price
    Also if you are a Nvidia fanboy then you better don't talk because only people that know the both sides Nvidia/Amd can speak
    If you want Performance with high cost then choose Nvidia
    if you want lower performance with low cost you choose AMD

if you get and GTX 660 or 7870 you should buy one 800w just to be sure.

See my channel if you speak English, ignore the other language videos
    youtube.com/FTRGameplays
  • FTR wrote:

MuteMassacre wrote:

NVIDIA all the way, AMD is a dying market with lacking driver support. 500W's is usually plenty for most graphic cards unless your stepping into modern ranges of say the 660 670 onwards you'll be looking at 750W minimum. 500W will be fine for that card though.

just because Nvidia GPU's are better than AMD doesn't mean they suck, they are good quality for a good price
    Also if you are a Nvidia fanboy then you better don't talk because only people that know the both sides Nvidia/Amd can speak
    If you want Performance with high cost then choose Nvidia
    if you want lower performance with low cost you choose AMD

if you get and GTX 660 or 7870 you should buy one 800w just to be sure.

> Enjoying a product
    > Must be a fanboy.

I've had both ATI and Nvidia cards and Nvidia outperforms ATI entirely. Yes, NVIDIA release upgrades every day like Apple with minimal increase in card performance but they are consistently updating their old cards with new drivers and a high end NVIDIA card will last you a good amount of years before you'll require the next model.

ATI cards don't 'suck' they are just less optimized for any game running to date. Most big names (not like it will actually matter the card hes buying is pretty old) are all converting to optimizing for NVIDIA as they provide the best support for developers and a good detail of tools.
  • just putting this out there.... DDR2 memory is going to be a bottleneck for you... and if you plan on doing any intense gaming and possibly recording... youll need a quad core to handle both the game and recording software... and i would say around 8 gigs of Ram so the game can take 4 and the recording software can take 4 (Fraps records in file sizes of 4gb)... Yea Nvidia is better than AMD... or ATI... but thats because theyre tailored for video games... I have AMD and it works just fine in my opinion... the only reason why id go with Nvidia is if i want to play with more than one monitor really... other than that... theres no point in putting tons of money into a great gpu if you wont use it to its full extent...
    Want to see some noob youtube videos? tell me what i do wrong!

youtube.com/ging3rfury
    twitter.com/@ging3rfury

:thumbup: