Assassin'd Creed 3 won't be released?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Assassin'd Creed 3 won't be released?

So, what do you fellow bros think about the fact that a author of a (apperantly bad) book sue Ubisoft for stealing content from his book and but it into a game?
      He even wants Ubisoft to stop making Assassin's Creed 3!

The book "Link" is a book written by John Beiswenger, and is about a man called Link who travels back in time through his memories in his genes.
      Fair enough... But isn't that the same name as the protagonist in "The Legend of Zelda"? *winkwink* A Link to the Past *winkwink*
      I'm just sayin'...

And then Ubisoft released the first Assassin's Creed game in 2008. Good game :) But there are some similarities between this book and these games.
      But WHY didn't this author react already at the first game? It became a pretty popular game after all.

So, what do you fellow bros think? Is he only after the money? Or maybe he didn't discover the game before the 3rd game was on it's way?

I myself think this is bullsh*t! He's about to ruin a good gameseries, and should be better off with the money, instead of closing the project.
    • I read the book.. it was shit
      and heres a soloution
      why dont they share the money made from AC3?
      need to email me about something? [email protected]
      need to email my dev team with some questions about the game? [email protected]
      want to get the latest updates on our progress?
      twitter.com/DecapitatedTree
      facebook.com/pages/Decapitated-Tree/402265469867737

if you want to be part of the dev team send me an email or message
    • There was no copyright about the idea, and he haven't done anything in the first 4 games, so its bullshit, send that 'author' crying in a corner for "My idea was stolen, i could have been rich..." and stop interrupting the ASSASIN'S CREED. Seriously, if he somehow manages to do something, i'm gonna assasinate him, with hidden blades, especially for the irony of this case...
    • jameZZummers wrote:

why dont they share the money made from AC3?
      Good point you got ther :)

Koloricsi wrote:

Seriously, if he somehow manages to do something, i'm gonna assasinate him, with hidden blades, especially for the irony of this case...
      Haha xD Nice one xD

Docs wrote:

I can't imagine he would get as far as stopping the game being made, at most he'll probably get a bit of money out of them.
      I really don't hope he get that far myself :S But on the page I read this they said he wanted money AND stop the release of AC3. But after all he's just one small man against a big company AND alot of AC fans :)
    • i heard the same, the guy who wrote the book sue ubisoft for ''stealing'' some ideas or something. if you ask me, thats not gonna happend. i belive AC3 is gonna release some day. ubisoft is just too big and wealthy to loose that case :P
      that is SO NOT COOL! its TOASTY!

HAMMERTIME HAMMERTIME HAMMERTIME HAMMERTIME bored.....

...................__
      ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
      ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
      ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
      .........\.................'...../
      ..........''...\.......... _.·´
      ............\..............(
      EPIC BROFIST......

To those i know who died at 22.juli.. at the norwegian massacre at utøya, dont fear the death, just rest in peace...

Please visit funnycreeper.enjin.com/home
    • Source

John Beiswenger has sued a whole slew of Ubisoft entities for copyright infringement regarding Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed franchise. Mr. Beiswenger is the author of the book "Link", which has been sold on Amazon.com for a while. The lawsuit is John L. Beiswenger v. Ubisoft Entertainment et al., court docket 1:12-cv-00717-CCC, Middle District of Pennsylvania, filed Tuesday, April 17, 2012.

According to the Complaint, in Link, the Plaintiff’s plot includes the conception and creation of a link device and process whereby ancestral memories can be accessed, recalled, relived, and re-experienced by the user. Link apparently further describes a bio-synchronizer. The Complaint further alleges that Assassin's Creed's "Animus" and "Animus 2.0" device and process, among other portions of the game, are infringements of Plaintiff's Link copyright. Allegations are made against different editions of Assassin's Creed, as well as related publications and trailers.

This case, if it goes the distance, would provide some additional guidance regarding the idea/expression dichotomy. That is, the ultimate question will likely be something to the effect of: Does Assassin's Creed only use the "idea" of a device that accesses ancestral memories, or does the Assassin's Creed franchise go to far and copy the "expression" penned by Mr. Beiswenger in describing its own Animus technology.

I personally doubt that, even if the author won, the game would keep from being published. If he wins he will be given an undisclosed, ridiculous sum of money to stfu and that's it.