People say be your self

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• People say be your self

Guys i make videos on YouTube and i asked many people
    -what to do when recording
    -what do i say while recording
    -an lots of other stuff

They answered just Be your self
    And i think Being my self is boring...since i don't talk much in real life, how do you expect me to change in an instant and be funny and make my Videos funny and watchable.

The videos that i put on YouTube... My English in those videos looks terrible i know... But when i speak normally with people my English is actually Great.
    The problem is i don't know what to say... People usually talk about Sexual stuff like Penis and Pussy in their videos..etc. but am sure there is a proper way to be funny or to talk about something while recording your videos. So what is Wrong? Any Suggestions? Anything at all? Leave a Reply
  • Well if you are not yourself it's gonna end up boring and you are not gonna do it with your full potential, I mean you won't enjoy it. That's what's being a commentator is all about: Enjoying it. So yeah just be yourself, and you never know; you might not be as boring as you think ^^
    I love ya all ~ :3

• Like Cirno said, not everybody can be good with commentary... However, I think you should give it a shot despite being shy. Quiet people can be fantastic entertainers.

Also keep in mind that you do not have to scream and crack jokes all the time unless that's makes you feel comfortable. Game commentators don't have to be comedians. You should do whatever you need to do in order to feel good about what you're doing; point out useless things, talk like an Elizabethan playwright, swear frequently, whatever. When you relax and have fun, so does your audience.

Maybe you should start with some co-op to get the ball rolling? That might help, too. I wish you luck.
  • If you enjoy making vids just show it to youe audience , thats the key part here enjoying. If you really enjoy playing you will scream laugh and give natural reactions to things happened. Thats the part audienceslove.
    Try to have a video of something that always makes you laugh makes you happy, first what it then do some body exerciseses with listening your favourite song. Than record ! Im sure that will really increase your videos quality. Don't think about any other stuff while recording. If you don't feel good that day just don't record , wait for tomorrow. Try to have high moral and give your posiyive energy to audience. Don't worry for stating , just star you will grow in time , keep uploading at least 1 , max 2 vids per day.

I think thats the key points to succeed. I was like 80 subs 3 montgs ago now i got 3.5k . If you really want to do something , you will.

-Orkun
  • I am going to show you an example of what becoming a fully fledged LPer is like. At the beginning you will be awkward, you will be nervous and you will be uncomfortable. You are basically doing something where you are talking to yourself, which to many is classed as a sign of insanity. You will probably spend most of your early days feeling self concious but these feelings will pass very quickly. Your first few bits of content will probably suck, but doing new things first requires you to learn them.

When I first started I was one of the most boring LPers on Earth. I felt all of the above things but after a month I realised that I shouldn't care what other people think as long as I am enjoying what I play. I mean I love video games! *runs into the rainy streets naked* I love everything about them and I realised that I wanted people to see and share my passion for this hobby.

Below is my first Let's Play I ever did. You will notice it sucks bad.

This is one of my latest ones. Notice the difference in how laid back I am and how much of a good time I am having. It is rather shocking and thankfully not a lot of my minions go into the deep, dark corners of my God of War 2 playlist but this is what being an LPer is like. No one begins perfect and we never end that way either. We just get used to it.

Yeah...big difference.
    There is always time for muffins.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Noirproxy ().