Cirno's Youtube 101 [Read this if you want to improve/grow your channel]

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Loliplol's Youtube 101 [Read this if you want to improve/grow your channel]

Hey, my name is Loliplol (not my real name :3), and i made shorter version of "Cirno's Youtube 101 [Read this if you want to improve/grow your channel]". Taa-Daah, here it is:

1 Name
      Don't make names like this "*xXxKiNgOfWeBaNdStUfFxXx*", make something simple, easy to remember. My is "Loliplol" and it's simple, like "PewDiePie". Also, don't take other popular names like "PiePewDie", no need to do that.

2 Background
      This is very simple, it's background for your channel or maybe you know it by "Channel Art". You have bunch of online channel art websites. But, if you don't want advertisments on it, just use Photoshop. Take like 10-20 minutes and you will have an awesome channel art picture.

3 Make High Quality content
      So, if you want more subscribers and views, you need to make high quality videos. If you ever clicked on that button when watching a gaming video, you can see it's in Full-HD 1920 x 1280 and/or HD 1280 x 720. My videos are in HD, because of render time and upload time. But one day, i'll switch on Full-HD. If you're starting a channel and you're new, make videos in HD. Renders in 10-20 minutes for 10-15 minutes of video.

4 Make Original Content
      Don't copy anyone! Make your original content. Don't copy some famous (and fabulous :3) YouTubers to get some views and subs. Learn how to record and edit, make something special, and you enjoy making it! If you're a YouTuber just to be famous (and NOT fabulous), people will not like you, you will become a BARREL!!

5 Get Quality Editing Tools
      You need to have quality editing software, not Windows movie maker and stuff. If you're new in this, try using Adobe Premiere Pro. It's simple program and Pewds is using it! And before you start editing, go on YouTube and watch some basic stuff.

6 Avoid Google AdSense/moneytization
      If you want to make some money, DON'T USE THIS! Most of YouTube accounts with this and making money from it are BANNED! Just join some network, like Polaris or MakerStudios. They pay you, not Google!

7 Stick to one subject
      Don't make gameplay videos, vlogs, music and stuff on the same channel! Pewds is just doing a "Fridays with PewDiePie" to get you updated for events or something. Don't post music or you will have some copyright problems.

8 Use custom thumbnails
      Make your own thumbnails! Make video more intresting, every video from pewdiepie hay like an awesome thumbnail. Intresting thumbnails like "Force" people to click on it, if your thumbnail is intresting. Use Photoshop for this stuff.

9 Avoid Copyrighted Content
      Don't use some famous Avicii music, you will have copyright problems. If you want some backgroung music for your videos, just go to Creative Tools in Video Manager section on YouTube.

10 Preferably upload gamecontent with commentary
      So, if you upload gameplay without commentary, you will have copyright problems. Games have copyright too. So, plugin that microphone and start talking something!

11 Avoid uploading gamecontent before the INTERNATIONAL release date
      Otherwise you get strikes , your own damn fault. No need for a long discussion here.

12 Network with other YouTubers
      This will help you and your channel spread if you do the same for someone else. Ask people for a favor , but be sure that you know that person due to the fact it will otherwise will be looked down upon as spam. preferably you should network with somewhat bigger Youtubers , but this doesn't mean that you should contact Pewdiepie with a crying letter that he should shoutout or box his channel (actually one person did it and succeeded , people know who I'm talking about) as your message will be ignored and it is practically impossible for him to do that since otherwise there would be major butthurt. Be sure to search for like minded people with similiar channels (or totally different) as your interests might help you both out.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Loliplol ().

• alritght...
      the main thing...
      i saw something about a video of a guy who's vid has been remotely turned off even if he had this kind of allowance from game devs
      and actually the thing about the allowance from the game devs brings me up to the question...

is it sometimes necissary to ask the main devs of something for premission of youtubing a vid about it?
      (the day one: garrys incident incident (by: totalbiscuit) had something about premissions and such that TB was talking about)
      (altough im not really shure so just to ask an expert)

and yes, im pretty shure you said it somwhere, so either i was lazy or just blind... sorry...

also i may have already said this but... thanks for the awesome guide