Game Ideas You May Have But Can't Achieve?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Game Ideas You May Have But Can't Achieve?

This thread is basically to show other people what YOUR game ideas are.

What epic game have you had the thought to make but can't?

Why can't you make it? Hardware? Money? No team?

Show your idea here! At the very least get it out there and noticed.

Now of course I wouldn't expect everyone to do so without me doing it myself

What is the game idea I have?
      The game is temporarily called Project Alpha: Season 1
      The summary of the game is this: The world as we know it is dying. The pollution we created has made the outside world air toxic to the human lungs. The response to said catastrophe is the creation of the "Arcs" Giant glass towers taking up areas called "Clean Zones" places with recycled clean air. Gaining entry is very limited and is not your choice. One has to be drug free in every shape and form. Even people who take medication are not allowed in such a place. Children are torn from their families to live in the Arcs. To prevent riots destroying the Arcs, the UN deployed Nuclear Warheads to locations far from the Arcs so that they don't get damaged but everyone outside the Arcs will die from radiation sickness. The internal governments of the Arcs have made the towers a place of hardship. Constant labor with little to no pay. Weekly home inspections to check for illegal materials. Almost 30 people die per day for executions to instill fear into the populous.

You are "Breaker" a 34 year old man who 20 years ago witnessed the last bomb named "The Destroyer" by the people of the Arc demolish everything you lived for in the blink of an eye. No home, no parents, and no hope. You are the leader of the Arc resistance. Dedicated to overthrow the Totalitarian government. Receiving contact from someone from the outside beckoning for the Arc to open its doors.

The prologue of the game starts off with you the player preparing for an escape to the outside world in hopes to find this contact and raise an army to combat the Arc guards. Your demolitions expert gives you a detonator for his pack of C6 a highly advanced version of C4 capable of blowing through a 4 feet thick steel door. Once the plan initiates the Arc guards go on high alert and start to hunt the resistance and bring them into custody.

You quickly climb onto a roof where a scene of 3 Arc Pursuers chase you. As you continue running from rooftop to rooftop an Arc Falcon flies in to ambush you. The only way out is to jump into the nearby building through the window. Crashing through the glass you find two items, A pistol and a Stealth module. You can only take one since you can hear Arc guards rushing towards your position. The item you pick will determine your beginning playstyle.

After you sneak or shoot past the Arc guards you come outside to see that your Demolitions expert was successful in planting the C6. Detonating the explosive a large hole appears in place of the door. In the midst of the chaos you see the opportune moment to escape. Ending the prologue of the game.

The game would have the Splinter Cell Conviction LKL system where enemies inspect where they have seen you last.

It would be a TPS game with a big emphasis on "Adapt to your playstyle" Don't kill a lot? Less enemies will be fortifying positions since they are still spreading out searching for you. Kill a lot? Positions are heavily fortified according to which direction you take in the world.

Even though the game is episodic it would be open world.

Now since most of the game takes place outside the arc how would you breath? You find a sort of gas mask outside the facility and it lets you breath the toxic air.

Now why can't I achieve this? The game would be a multi million dollar project. Needs it's own engine. And the graphics I would want it to be the benchmark of gaming PC s like crysis and far cry were back in the day.

(Kinda forgetting what else I added into my idea so I will update it later :P)

The post was edited 1 time, last by GoGetA ().

• I have an idea, Kind of like the movie "Deep Blue Sea".

You are in an aquatic testing facility, testing various chemicals on fish, the little things, like changing the taste, changing the color of scales, genetically altering them to survive in polluted water. Stuff like that. The base is in the middle of the ocean, so the team can have as many fish as they want.

After a while, you start doing pretty good, you know. getting up there in the ranks. Eventually, you become one of the higher up scientists in the A group. The A Group handles the larger predators, The B group handles the smaller, harmless fish, and C group handles plants, and coral.

Eventually, your boss brings in a few new Russian scientists, with a new batch of chemicals to test out. After a few small, easy tests, they starting bringing in chemicals that you don't quite agree with. Stuff like super-growth, increased brain mass, denser bone (defensive capabilities), stuff that could really hurt the eco-system, instead of helping it.

OK. ENOUGH OF THE BACKSTORY.

The game starts off with you in the 3rd floor lab, with 2 of the other scientists who are working on a massive great white shark. a bit of small talk ensues, and focus is lost, and they accidentally put a little too much chemicals in the shark. Not seeing anything wrong with it, they continue the experiment: to see if they can develop a faster way to let them heal. AKA, Regeneration. since it was such a small dose, they didn't really expect it to do much. You know. just tests.

What they don't bring into consideration, is all of the drugs pumped into that bad boy before-hand. After a few days, the shark suddenly just start dying, and sinks to the bottom of the large tank. It starts to rot, and ALL of the aquatic life starts to enjoy a nice buffet. You know, fish always eat carcasses. The first few bites through the muscle was all fine and dandy, until an unsuspecting little fishie breaks through to the muscle tissue, causing all of the skin to rupture, stretching and ripping, causing all of the drug-pumped blood to seep out of the fish, into the mouths and gils of the other fish. This perfect amount of different drug usage in the fish cause them to mutate over night, most of them growing to twice their size, all if the tinier fish becoming large, hungry, cannibals.

This massive growth in weight in the tank, causes it to crack, letting the smallest amount of water to spray from the tank. it hits some electric equipment, which was originally near any sort of water, so they figured it would be safe, but they guessed not. the sparks cause a small fire, causing the sprinkler to go off, getting water on ALL of the electric equipment. This causes a nice little "Boom", shattering their tank into the bottom 2 floors of the facility, causing it to sink just enough to get more water into the first, second, and third floor.

THE ACTUAL GAME PLAY STARTS NOW.

Your character awakes from his bunk in the third floor at roughly 5 in the morning, being awoken from the explosions from below. Your first real objective is to figure out what the hell happened.

The game play mechanics will be like the original resident evil series; set camera angles, you must find your own weapons; one of which is a harpoon as a stronger mid-game weapon. Very limited ammo. kind of like the grenade launcher, really. You will have underwater boss battles, fish that will be able to "swim" on land, about half of the entire game has knee high water, enough for large fish to swim around.

So what do you think?
      Hey.

Im Awesome.

Here's my youtube channel.

C:
    • Well, when i was young, i was wanting to make a game in the RPG maker (YES, DON'T FLAME ME.) The game would be ''The Lost Soul'' about an once great warrior, that one day, awoke in a remote place, that was a some-what strange cementery. The warrior wasn't feeling so comfortable, so he tried to explore the whole cementery area until he finds one of the crypts, and strangely, the name of the Warrior appeared in that Crypt, implying he was dead... After that, something happens, and the hero revives in a remote city, but he lost a part of his memory, and doesn't remember most of the things that happened on the Cementery, but he does remember something, that he was dead when he went there. You'll have to fight monsters and enemies to recover your lost memories and know how did you died...

Why couldn't i make it? I was 12, every 12 years old kid is a damn lazy ass... Or well, in my case, it's was WAY too much work to do the dungeons and epic places and even the battle strategy in that time.

The game sounded kinda cliche and stuff, i know, but i was a 12 years old kid, come on! :(
      No signature. Because i'm a baws... Or else because i suck at GFX Design.

Objective Nº1: Become a youtuber! No matter if i suck!
    • GoGetA wrote:

Thanks for sharing mate there is a new rpg maker on steam you should check out has a bunch of new features. C:

Haha, i know, but... Up lately i just have been extremely busy sticking to my studies and to download games. And most likely i would just give myself a headache if i try to make another City/Dungeon... The first time i tried to make a city i had to look for 4 tutorials, and took me around 6 hours to make a small city, haha.

• GoGetA wrote:

:P understandable. These kind of games take time. Reason why i don't think my game will ever happen is because it needs its own engine and would be a multi million dollar project

An RPG-Maker game takes a lot of time, but not so much if you compare a huge type of game (like the one you have as an idea.), don't you think so? Oh well, we can still think sometimes we can do this game... Or maybe not.

• I always wanted to make a realistic paranormal simulator. Meaning that it isn't crammed with jumpscares (atleast not of those popup shit) and looks identical to footage people have made (either manipulated or not). I won't say it will be the best game , but I'm sure that a huge amount of people will be interested if it looks realistic and similar to stuff who are claimed to be "real"

• I was thinking of making a quick RPG game just for fun. I wouldn't even advertize it or anything, I just thought it would be fun, ahaha. I never had the time.

I was also thinking about like doing a fantasy story game, but you know, if I don't even have time for a short RPG I would never in a million years have time for a large game like that.
    • I always wanted to make a horror/thriller visual novel.

So, it's about a detective who investigate a series of mysterious death. That's the main theme of the story, I know, it's very standard.
      I wanted it to be a psychological Visual Novel, with more than 3 endings, many chapters, mindfucks, twisted and disturbing story, and gore. Just like Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni.

Why I can't accomplish it?
      Lack of motivation, tme, and motivation. I also don't have much skill in programming, design, scripting. And.. none of my friends is interested of making a game. I think it's because they don't have time too, you know.. school work. Now. I just want to focus on my study first.

Formerly: Raven

YouTube Twitter Steam