the return of the BroKen podcast

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• the return of the BroKen podcast

Hi Pewds, hey guys!

I am a little bit disappointed. (Please redirect this thread if I am in the wrong section here)
      I just watched the announcement of the new episodes of BroKen podcast and I am not comfortable with the changes.

Germany is the country I live in, so I won't be able to subscribe to the service providing the podcasts. I know, the podcasts will still be free on Soundcloud and iTunes. But my problem is that I prefer to WATCH the podcasts as a video, because it provides a better experience. Also I think it's stupid to make us pay for that.
      You see: the videos make me - don't know 'bout you - feel closer to Pewds. I always enjoyed the 60min. long video podcasts of Pewds and Ken rambling about stuff. In the videos I can see facial expressions and reactions, as well as images (which they often showed during older episodes). I can see their gestures. And this makes me feel like I am closer to him - like if I had a close friend next to me - because videos provide a way better and more detailed experience than just audio.

How do I feel about that? I feel bad. I feel excluded. I feel less worth than the US-americans willing to pay for the subscription, because I feel like the full experience is being taken away from us and is made an exclusivity. And by doing this, Pewds takes a part of the experience away that is extremely important to me and so many of the other bro's.

Pewds, you say you do not care about the money that much. But right now you seem to care about it more than you care about the people making all this possible for you. Do you still want more?

Please guys, don't attack me or anything. I still have massive respect for you, Pewds. And I still love you. But I am just disappointed. And for the first time you have actually made me feel sad...

What do you guys think about that?
    • Hi robert, yeah I've just seen that announcement too, but tbh to me what matters most atm is that it's back! Though I do understand why it shocked many bros causing some to dislike the video is the exclusivity of the podcast to paying US subscribers only like you said, somewhat similar to YouTube Red's Scare Pewdiepie series. First, let me link you the soundcloud file of the just released podcast, which I heard is also free to listen on itunes :)

Like you, I do also prefer watching them on a video uploaded on their channels and available to watch for free like in the past instead of just hearing them... but I do believe Felix and Ken have their reasons why this became an exclusive content. To make money out of it? Most certainly. To hire a third party editor and staff? Probably. Another Maker Studio's move? It might as well be. But honestly it's too early to judge and conclude why it is as announced, I bet this will be the topic they will deal and speak about in their future videos or podcast. For now, let's just hope they'll continue it no matter what, and at this point remains free even to just listen it on soundcloud and itunes.