Youtube Red Subscription Service

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• I'm kinda upset that his show is going to be on Youtube Red... I don't mind paying a bit to watch it but 10$ per month just for one show is a bit much (I don't care about the other advantages). I already paid for his game, his book and Marzia's box (26 € each month) so I won't be able to watch it. I was very excited for it and now I'm really sad :(
    • I honestly am very supportive of all the Youtubers that are going to be starting their own shows or movies on the service however Youtube started out being a community site that everyone had access to and everyone could express their opinions about anything. Now, it's going to be split up, people are going to be able to watch as they won't be able to buy the service, everything's going to be seperated... I just hate how Youtube keeps changing their brand, you know?
    • I think in theory YouTube Red could work, the budgeting would make for epic shows, I just don't know how it would affect small channels such as mine, also as a South African $10 is the equivalent of 140 Rand which is a lot of money to pay every month to watch my favorite Tubers. I love creating content and as long as I can keep doing that I will be happy.
    • If the service is gonna be any good remains to be seen, however this is just making this subscription mania way worse. People are getting overloaded with all these subscription services you have to pay for. I like the idea of having certain things as a service and it has been fairly successful so far too, it's just starting to get a little too much at this point.

While I understand all the business decisions behind this, I personally would've preferred this to be a Netflix Original series (or any of the others). We don't need even MORE on demand video services.