Did Pewds raised the bar so high ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Did Pewds raised the bar so high ?

Hey Bros!!!
      I have a quick question and I want your opinion.
      PewDiePie is making really nice videos, a lot of montage, funny, inspiring.
      And I have a question, if you are a small youtuber and can't afford to make really heavy montage videos,
      does this count as a lame/bad one ? I mean, are people are spoiled with really great videos and will just ignore ones what
      are not polished enough ?
      I know quite a lot youtubers who are just starting their carriers and don't have much time to spend editing them.
      Post your opinions here, thanks :)
    • Hey mate and welcome! :)

I would definitely say that people are willing to enjoy your content even though its not as "polished" as the bigger YouTubers videos are. I can only speak for myself, but too me its very clear, if you enjoy what you do, people will notice.
      A well edited video can be really awesome, but we all have to start somewhere right. Just enjoy what you do and people will love you for it bro! :D
      Chipsflickan's YouTube Channel (I promise it's worth a look)
    • Actually bruh, you are mistaken...for the longest of time pewdiepie lowered the bar really low for gaming content and videos, to the point that everybody can do it. Before that most of the gaming content of youtube were reviews and stuff that would usually take weeks to edit. But recently even let's play videos got a really high standard , so actually the bar went down and then back to it's original place.
    • Pewdiepie's videos are very well edited but often he uses crappy images, silly songs and cheesy effects which we LOVE but also are things ANYONE can learn to do. What I like about him is the care he puts into his editing is wonderful but he still makes it look like he slapped it together in a few minutes (even thought that is not true at ALL).

Honestly he has not set the bar too high at all. For high bars, look for channels with perfect lighting and effects, flawless girls and excessive sponsorships. But even then, none of that should deter you. I don't have fancy stuff and I've still got 1k+ subscribers and growing. People come for YOU, not your gear.
      4270+ Subs and Counting - Let's Plays | ASMR | Vlogs
      I publish a video daily.
      Not going to give up.
      Not going to stop.
      1 Million Subs here I come!

My Channel
    • hey there!
      yes i understand that gear is practically nothing compared to your charisma. But what I am talking about here is time. For those who are working all day long, to come home, record a video (~1hour) and to invest 3 hours editing it is just impossible. If you don't have to work from 8-5 then all day is practically yours and recording/editing/uploading to youtube is your job. I imagine how much time Pewds spends not only recording the videos but also editing them. And this is what i am talking about in this thread. Do i think that the bar is lowered now ? Hard to say but looking at previews 2 months of Pewds videos there are some pretty awesome really HARD edited videos.
      Keep youtubing guys!
    • Bulk record when you have days off work.
      Stagger editing during the week.
      Schedule uploads to release on regular days.
      Don't record every night, that's not very time efficient.

I work 40+ hours a week and still publish 2 videos a day (on average).
      It's not hard but you have to plan ahead and dictate your time.
      I publish a video daily.
      Not going to give up.
      Not going to stop.

My Channel
    • MissFushi wrote:

Bulk record when you have days off work.

MissFushi i see you are really dedicated to the work! That is great!
      I actually do pretty much the same.
      Still the most down turning thing in all of this is lack of time :)
    • Doublejfabulous wrote:

MissFushi wrote:

MissFushi i see you are really dedicated to the work! That is great!I actually do pretty much the same.
      Still the most down turning thing in all of this is lack of time :)
      Really impressed by both of you guys! That really shows you got the dedication to do this, and not just in the short run!
      As MissFusi said, if youre time is limited, try and pick a day just for recording, and record as much as you have time for! Thats what I did during my working period. Another great tips: Decide on behalf what you are going to record. I do this all the time and it works GREAT. Wish you all the best mate :)
    • Chipsflickan wrote:

Doublejfabulous wrote:

MissFushi wrote:

MissFushi i see you are really dedicated to the work! That is great!I actually do pretty much the same.Still the most down turning thing in all of this is lack of time :)
      Really impressed by both of you guys! That really shows you got the dedication to do this, and not just in the short run!As MissFusi said, if youre time is limited, try and pick a day just for recording, and record as much as you have time for! Thats what I did during my working period. Another great tips: Decide on behalf what you are going to record. I do this all the time and it works GREAT. Wish you all the best mate :)
      Hey you have awesome channel as well. Very nice youtuber, all you need is time and that's all. Maybe we could do a colab video together man, love your enthusiasm and energy recording videos :)
    • Doublejfabulous wrote:

Chipsflickan wrote:

Doublejfabulous wrote:

MissFushi wrote:

MissFushi i see you are really dedicated to the work! That is great!I actually do pretty much the same.Still the most down turning thing in all of this is lack of time :)
      Really impressed by both of you guys! That really shows you got the dedication to do this, and not just in the short run!As MissFusi said, if youre time is limited, try and pick a day just for recording, and record as much as you have time for! Thats what I did during my working period. Another great tips: Decide on behalf what you are going to record. I do this all the time and it works GREAT. Wish you all the best mate :)
      Hey you have awesome channel as well. Very nice youtuber, all you need is time and that's all. Maybe we could do a colab video together man, love your enthusiasm and energy recording videos :)
      Wow man thanks for the great words! Most definitely! :) right now Im right in the middle of a move, but if you want to stay in touch , just add me on steam: Chipsflickan
    • In all honesty, the bar with any youtube video can be lowered or raised based on a youtuber. If they're entertaining and show enthusiasm, then that's gonna have a positive impact. If not, then it's the other way. Others say subscriber count is more important because "more subs means the youtuber is more worthy of an audience".
      I'd rather live with broken bones than lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool.

If you need me, visit my about me section on my profile for my skype contact.
    • Chipsflickan wrote:

Doublejfabulous wrote:

Chipsflickan wrote:

Doublejfabulous wrote:

MissFushi wrote:

Wow man thanks for the great words! Most definitely! :) right now Im right in the middle of a move, but if you want to stay in touch , just add me on steam: Chipsflickan
      Will do man! hope we can make some kick ass videos :)

Tophat Guitarist wrote:

In all honesty, the bar with any youtube video can be lowered or raised based on a youtuber. If they're entertaining and show enthusiasm, then that's gonna have a positive impact. If not, then it's the other way. Others say subscriber count is more important because "more subs means the youtuber is more worthy of an audience".
      Hey, thanks for replying and i totaly agree on your opinion. I did a lot of thinking about does this affect other youtubers as well and came in conclusion that it all depends on a person making the videos. If you are fun and entertaining then all you have to do is motivate yourself enough to go and make those videos.
    • Well, every YouTuber has his own type of character. Pewds has one of the "Specials". That doesn't mean he has no haters but he attracts the 70% of the audience. How do you think small YouTubers became big Youtubers? They had a good type of character which most of the people liked
    • p0llux wrote:

Well, every YouTuber has his own type of character. Pewds has one of the "Specials". That doesn't mean he has no haters but he attracts the 70% of the audience. How do you think small YouTubers became big Youtubers? They had a good type of character which most of the people liked
      That is a good point p0llux. The YouTuber's personality is what make me subscribe in first hand.
    • MrEdgar wrote:

Well, every YouTuber has his own type of character. Pewds has one of the "Specials". That doesn't mean he has no haters but he attracts the 70% of the audience. How do you think small YouTubers became big Youtubers? They had a good type of character which most of the people liked
      yes, you are right 100%. But my question is about the videos. I totally agree that pews is really special personality but still he ads great montage on his videos and all of that combined is that the bar raised so much ?
    • Doublejfabulous wrote:

MrEdgar wrote:

yes, you are right 100%. But my question is about the videos. I totally agree that pews is really special personality but still he ads great montage on his videos and all of that combined is that the bar raised so much ?
      No.
      I am saying this in kindness; If you feel Pewdiepie has raised the bar too high for you, stop making videos now. You don't want it hard enough.
      I publish a video daily.
      Not going to give up.
      Not going to stop.

My Channel
    • Doublejfabulous wrote:

I know quite a lot youtubers who are just starting their carriers and don't have much time to spend editing them.
      Hello my friend (you better remember me!!) (just joking)

My personal opinion on the question is simple. My goal is to upload twice a week. I could upload more but the editing won't be as good as I want. If you have a busy life; working 40 hours a week, family, friends, other hobbies, you might have a hard time to massively upload heavily edited videos.

It all depends on what's your goal with YouTube, quality or quantity. My goal is 2 videos a week and sometimes I can't make it. Who cares...

You got to be proud of you videos, if it means cutting quantity down, do it.

Have fun lad and I hope this helped =)