Blank Dream

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Blank Dream

Hey guys!

This channel first introduced me to pixel horror so I thought I'd give something back.

Blank Dream is a Japanese pixel horror game created by Kanawo (of Teriyaki Tomato) and translated by vgperson. The puzzles aren't too difficult without being too easy and you don't spend as much time wandering around as other games in the genre (Unless you don't want ending 4.)

You start the game in a tiny corridor with only a mirror in sight. The aforementioned mirror then brings to light that you have really bad memory loss . Yes it talks. You get forcibly sucked into the mirror and into what seems to be a memory where you can interact with all the items in the room. So while the main memory structure is intact, your character can still interact with everything like she can in the 'real world'. When you're done clicking everything and clicking everything again in confusion you find a knife, which you then proceed to plunge into your throat. If it hasn't become clear yet this game is pretty dark so I'll just leave the game's warning right here...

Discretion Strongly Advised
      Many kinds of suicide, including but not limited to stabbing, drowning, and jumping from a height.
      Death and murder.
      Mention of incest and pedophilia.
      Blood.
      Jumpscares.
      Some bullying.

The whole basis of the game is finding mirrors which reflect your memories back to you. The mirror at the start tells the character that breaking the mirrors is the way to grant her final wish. To break them however, you have to commit suicide in every past memory you experience (yes this includes childhood memories). It seems however that you are not the only one who is trapped in this dimension and you meet two more companions who you have to (well...can) help to also regain their past memories.

It becomes soon apparent however that your arrival in this world was no mere accident.

Here's the download link Blank Dream - vgperson's Translations
      And here's a gameplay video

or two

Enjoy! :brofist: