Quarter life crises

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Quarter life crises

Okay bros, listen up!

I'm currently researching a thing called the Quarter life crises. For the ones of you that don't know this term: Its a period in ones life in which people start to doubt who they are, what they are doing, what they want to be doing, and how their future is gonna look like. Now, doubting all those things isn't necessarily a bad thing, but when people feel negative or anxiety thinking about these things it can be considered a quarter life crises. Feelings of "This isn't how I pictured my life to be." "I feel like I'm missing out." "I don't know what to do" "I want the world to just stop for a minute so I can THINK" "I just want to watch netflix all day so I don't have to think" or even "G*** Pewds over there is a millionaire at 25 while I'm just watching cat jokes on the internet" are examples of this. ( Its like a mid-life crises only it happens around the age of 18-25. Quarter life GET IT. HA-HA.)

Now, thinking about your future and being slightly disappointing isn't a bad thing and can actually be seen as a healthy transaction towards adulthood. HOWEVER! I noticed that nowadays a lot (and then I mean A LOT) more people are experiencing this as crises instead of a natural physiological phase. I'm trying to figure out why that is. :)

So my question for you bros is if any of you are experiencing a quarter life crises. What are you feeling, why do you think you're feeling this way, what do you think will change it, etc. I know I'm experiencing a massive quarter life crises myself, so I'm really curious about if any other people are feeling the same way.

(Also, I'm researching this for my graduation project, and I'm currently also trying to figure out if there is a connection between someone's current physiological state and the quarter life crises. I've got a questionnaire for that so I've you'd really like to help me you can fill that in... Its only about 35 questions, don't worry. ;)[ Le questionnaire]
      Oh also, I'm not trying to self promote anything here... I just hoped I could get the help of you bros figuring out this problem. If it is considered self promoting I'm sorry, and someone please let me know so I can delete the link. :) )