Will there be playthroughs soon?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Will there be playthroughs soon?

Hello fellow bros! I am a new user and this is my first post, so I'm sorry if I do anything wrong!

I have been a bro for quite a while now, I love Pewds' videos. He's always been my favourite youtuber but this has been bothering me and some other bros. For the past couple of months there has been a lack of playthroughs, and instead we've been getting constant flash games. I understand these 3-5 minute videos are getting him a lot more views than a series, and he probably enjoys playing them. I also understand it's the new year, so gaming has hit a dry spell, but seeing as he has played older games (Conker's Bad Fur Day, Bully, etc) I didn't think a lack of games to play would be an issue. Of course, there could be other reasons for the latest videos we are seeing, he could just be too busy, he's the deciding factor on what content is produced at the end of the day. I just know that I am feeling a little bit disconnected.

So I just wanted some opinions from other bros, to see if anyone here is feeling the same way.
      :brofist:
    • I understand where you're coming from and do agree. Although Pewds doesn't have to upload anything, he's under no real obligation since he's earned a lot of money that, if he's smart with it, can support him for a long time. He really does put in a lot of time and effort for this, you can see that in his recent Corpse Party video. I'm no fan of the Corpse Party franchise (in fact I outright dislike it if I'm honest) but he really put so much dedication into that and made it great to watch. So I feel kind of bad for him when people are always yelling at him (not you and this post) to do this and do that when it seems like he's at a point where he's only really doing it for us anyway.

Actually about that Corpse Party video, there's a moment in it where his pants go up his butt, and he pulls them out. And he makes a comment like "this is what you don't have to see in edited videos". Well.... I really don't see a problem with keeping something like that in lol, he never seemed to worry about that kind of thing before, it actually makes it much more of a close and "real" experience to be sharing that time with him :)

So I agree that these non-games - the sheer amount of them and the 3-5 minute duration - are becoming a problem. The snippets from each are so jumpy and without context and I feel like the connection of sharing a game with Pewds is missing. I think even if he did play some shitty flash game but kept the videos a little longer and less edited it would be better (plus, less editing = less time-consuming for him?) And I really agree with the idea of playing older games! There's like 20 years worth of gaming out there to choose from, and in fact the older games is where a lot of the real gameplay and original ideas are at.

This will bother me all night if I don't edit it coz stuff can sound different in text, so edit: I hope none of this comes across as being ungrateful for anything he uploads. I'm always happy to see a new video popping up. I think it's just an issue of wanting to see longer/less edited ones because I enjoy "spending time" with him so much lmao.

The post was edited 1 time, last by jellystripes ().