People copying PewDiePie/my opinion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• People copying PewDiePie/my opinion

Do you guys think it is right for other people to copy PewDiePie's videos? Since Pewdie played Happy Wheels everyone on YouTube joined the bandwagon and took over what was rightfully his game to make videos on. I think people should not make videos on games that have been covered by other YouTubers. There's so many games out there. Why copy someone elses series? PewDiePie puts alot of effort into making these wonderful videos and it sucks to see people make videos on the same thing and/or copy his commentary.

I don't know why my thread was deleted before. I'll be civil this time.

What about you Bros?
    • Thatcoolblackguy wrote:

Why does it matter? A game is meant to be played by whoever finds the game worth playing. This shouldn't have been brought back up in my opinion. Nobody really cares who plays what now. Just let them play.

Bros used to defend PewDiePie whenever someone attempts to copy him. Where did the Bro spirit go? Did you all lose respect to PewDie all of the sudden? Come on Bros.......
    • You can't put any game videos on YouTube without someone saying, "you copied ____!"
      Pewdiepie doesn't own these games that he is playing, and there are plenty of other people who make hilarious content from the same games! I think everyone should be able to play whatever they want, and be able to create content freely without being criticized for copying, just because they play the same game. :)
      I love Pewds with all my heart, but just because he plays certain games, doesn't mean any other YouTuber can't play those games too. ^^
    • EtrosKnight wrote:

You can't put any game videos on YouTube without someone saying, "you copied ____!"
      Pewdiepie doesn't own these games that he is playing, and there are plenty of other people who make hilarious content from the same games! I think everyone should be able to play whatever they want, and be able to create content freely without being criticized for copying, just because they play the same game. :)
      I love Pewds with all my heart, but just because he plays certain games, doesn't mean any other YouTuber can't play those games too. ^^

There used to be many Bros that would go to other YouTubers and point out all the videos that were copied. I think the bro army was stronger back then. The army will still fight on.
    • People have matured and besides stuff like this only makes things more stressful for felix and the people you choose to do this to. That whole pewdie vs nova thing that everybody kept doing made it so bad that they had to go out of their ways to make a video together. And pewds shut off his comments on youtube because of spamming and dumb stuff like this. its not necessary bro.
    • I understand that you just want to defend pewdiepie but every one has the right to make youtube videos of whatever content they want. As long as people are not imitating exactly what pewds does in his videos than I don't see a problem? Pews doesn't own the games he plays and has never had problem with other people playing the same games and nether should we. Besides pewds doesn't even appreciate people doing that, it only makes things difficult for him. ^^
    • I see what you mean,and how it can be a bit annoying ,but to be honest i also get other people "copying him" .Sometimes it's hard to be original, not to say that almost every coverable game has been covered by somewone already,so not just big youtubers but especially small youtubers won't have any good games to cover without "copying" somebody. Also pewdiepie puts out videos everyday for a long time so he covered a lot of games,so you can't not copy somebody on youtube.
    • coolgecko wrote:

Do you guys think it is right for other people to copy PewDiePie's videos? Since Pewdie played Happy Wheels everyone on YouTube joined the bandwagon and took over what was rightfully his game to make videos on. I think people should not make videos on games that have been covered by other YouTubers. There's so many games out there. Why copy someone elses series? PewDiePie puts alot of effort into making these wonderful videos and it sucks to see people make videos on the same thing and/or copy his commentary.

I don't know why my thread was deleted before. I'll be civil this time.

What about you Bros?

The only ones that belong any videogame ever are the actual creators/developers of the game itself. PewDiePie started to play Happy Wheels because its a fun game that other youtubers had success on playing. But what counts is not the videogame at all (at least when were talking about derp games) its the commentary and the editing that makes every video of every big youtuber unique and distinguishive. And making every single youtuber playing a different game makes no sense at all.
      Ur calling us bros when u are not one yourself. Shall we decapitate cry for playing Amnesia becasue "It belongs to PewDiePie"? Every youtuber is unique and a lot of them are great by who they are/pretend to be on camera (see Angry Nintendo Nerd) and its what they do with/on the game what makes their videos have views and entretain people.
    • In my opinion: you can't really copy someone on YouTube by playing the same game as them. if I play... let's say Dead Space, my favorite game, and upload it to YouTube and a few days or weeks after you play it and upload it, i'm not going to say you copied me, i'm going to say "Cool, this person enjoys dead space too and wants to share it with his/her viewers." Don't think of it as copying, just think of it as sharing the experience.

Now if someone obviously uses the exact same commentary, such as saying the same things or using someone's commentary audio for the video, then that's a completely different situation all together.

When bubbles attack.

• I personally think that it is a bit annoying when people try to imitate others, but you can tell if they are trying to copy other Youtubers, or if they are literally just having fun, and possibly not knowing that some other Youtuber has played the same game! If you made a video of you playing and reacting to a game, and people criticised you for copying _______ you would be annoyed if that was not your intention, so I think, personally, that as long as you give the game credit to the developers and if you are doing something, like a game that is originally from another youtube channel, (and I mean stuff like guessing which Youtubers faces are morphed into one or something) then it's fine. Just give credit where credit's due. CLAWS!

FalconSpirit