[DONE - Thanks] Amnesia + recording : So dark... Where's my gamma correction ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• [DONE - Thanks] Amnesia + recording : So dark... Where's my gamma correction ?

Hello everyone !

So, here's the story :

I play Amnesia, and I record it so that I can make a playthrough and everything. Basic.
    I'm using Dxtory (awesome stuff) to record, Windows Live Movie Maker for the cam, Sony Vegas Pro 9 for combining the two of them together, then I compress everything (cuz well, Dxtory makes 22Go file for ... 3mins ? xD).

But there comes a little problem.
    Dxtory records the video from the process Amnesia.exe , but when I watch the video afterwards, it's, well, extremely dark. as dark as it was before I adjusted the Gamma when launching the game. So it seems that it's not taken in account.
    I seems like raising the Gamma level more would make the video brighter so that when I don't have my lantern, things would be visible to the viewer like I'm seeing them, but then MY vision would be too clear and might ruin the game for me :<

Any ideas ?
    Some Dxtory experts who would know where to try to change that ? (cuz the problem appears right at the RAW video that Dxtory gives me, it's not related to SVP9 nor compression)

Thanks for your attention °°
    If I wasn't really clear in my explanations (French dude inside, sry for my bad use of english :D), please tell so that I cna try to do better !

The post was edited 1 time, last by Moriloke ().

• Well.
    Now I feel stupid.
    Was tryin to see if I could make the video take the image modification made in game.
    Editing video's brightness was right under my nose, and didn't even thought of it.

SVP9 > Tools > Video > Effects > Brightness. yup.

Seems to work just fine, thanks for the help.

Edit : yes I tried, but youtube does it after having compressed the video, and it's just, well, ugly. Too much details lost.