PewDiePie used a picture of mine without giving credit

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• PewDiePie used a picture of mine without giving credit

Hello community, I wanted to ask for your help:
      In his recent video MOST INTENSE GAME MINIGOLF OF THE CENTURY OF THE UNIVERSE, I SWEAR! PewDiePie used a picture of mine in his thumbnail.
      This is the picture I created: Explosion Test by Gamekiller48 on DeviantArt

Here is another picture I created, where you have a side-by-side comparison of his thumbnail, and the explosion I uploaded to my deviantArt-page:
      xZMX7ph.jpg

Now, I have no problem with him using my picture, actually I try to encourage the usage of my images as often as possible, but there is one thing that is bothering me:

I already uploaded my pictures under a creative commons license, so that everyone can use them freely, without having to ask for my permission, and the only thing I ask for in return is credit where credit is due, namely my name pointed out as the author of the stock-image and/or a link back to my deviantArt-page.
      The license is clearly pointed out on the deviantArt-page, and all I'm asking for is a little bit of respect when it comes to acknowledging my work.

I'm not asking for any monetary compensation, a takedown of the video or something ridiculous like that, all I want is what I clearly wrote below my work, that I get credited for my work.

So if you are reading this: please upvote this for better visibility, and if you are PewDiePie: Please insert a link to my content in the video-description.

I hope we can still be friends,
      Gamekiller48