Minecraft hs_err_pid problem

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Minecraft hs_err_pid problem

If any of you bro's are having this problem with minecraft where it randomly crashes, and makes a text file named hs_err_pid(number), you should follow these instructions to help fix it :) i recently had this problem but now it works and shouldnt crash again.

hs_err_pid is a problem involving java, so first you should un-install the current version of java you have, and delete all folders involving java, the most important file to delete is located in C:/Programfiles/java, delete the entire java folder.

Next, you have to install the latest version of java 7 here: #mce_temp_url#

NOTE:If you have Windows 64- bit then you should download the latest version of java 6, because it seems to have problems with most 64 bit computers. Latest version of java 6 update 33 here: #mce_temp_url# (scroll down until you find it)

Finally: Re-install minecraft.exe and force update, make sure you back up all of the files you want to save.
      This should fix the problem, Hope this helped Bro's :)

If you have any questions regarding this topic send me a PM and i will reply if i have time

*Brofist*

• 1) Open up Control Panel - >System and click the System Properties tab. Under Performance click the Settings... button. Click the Advanced tab, and under the section labeled Virtual Memory click Change the Paging file to a Custom size, with a minimum size of 2048 and a maximum size of 2048. Hit OK. (This may require a restart).
      2) Where your Minecraft.exe file is located, create (in notepad) a file called Minecraft.bat, paste the following into that file:

java -Xmx768M -Xms256M -jar minecraft.exe