Minecraft hs_err_pid problem

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Minecraft hs_err_pid problem

If any of you bro's are having this problem with minecraft where it randomly crashes, and makes a text file named hs_err_pid(number), you should follow these instructions to help fix it :) i recently had this problem but now it works and shouldnt crash again.

hs_err_pid is a problem involving java, so first you should un-install the current version of java you have, and delete all folders involving java, the most important file to delete is located in C:/Programfiles/java, delete the entire java folder.

Next, you have to install the latest version of java 7 here: #mce_temp_url#

NOTE:If you have Windows 64- bit then you should download the latest version of java 6, because it seems to have problems with most 64 bit computers. Latest version of java 6 update 33 here: #mce_temp_url# (scroll down until you find it)

Finally: Re-install minecraft.exe and force update, make sure you back up all of the files you want to save.
      This should fix the problem, Hope this helped Bro's :)

If you have any questions regarding this topic send me a PM and i will reply if i have time

*Brofist*

• 1) Open up Control Panel - >System and click the System Properties tab. Under Performance click the Settings... button. Click the Advanced tab, and under the section labeled Virtual Memory click Change the Paging file to a Custom size, with a minimum size of 2048 and a maximum size of 2048. Hit OK. (This may require a restart).
      2) Where your Minecraft.exe file is located, create (in notepad) a file called Minecraft.bat, paste the following into that file:

java -Xmx768M -Xms256M -jar minecraft.exe