Work-Life Pet Peeves

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Work-Life Pet Peeves

Alright, just think this would be an interesting discussion to see what "grinds people's gears" when they are work. Whether it be from a co-worker or client/person coming into your work requiring your assistance. Just describe what pisses you off while you work. Let's try not to be vulgar, as this forum does attract a lot of younger folks as I'm guessing.

---

I'll Start: I am a Web Developer/Designer and the one thing that pisses me off is when not technology/people with programming experience assume just because you know how to do your job well that a task is going to be a piece of cake and not require a lot of time just because "the idea sounds really simple".

Example: "Why Is it taking you so long to add these pages? They are all similar!" Well... you fail to realize that even though they all have the same basic actions, the all require different information from the user, different validation, different presentation, etc.

Then after explaining to them why it takes longer than expected they always go, "Oh, I totally understand, don't worry about it!" after making you more stressed and feel like crap when they come at you guns blazing pissed off. And this cycle repeats... almost weekly.