Do you think you have a phobia?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• i'm fairly certain i have trypophobia.. That is, holes in things.. It just makes me feel weird and i refuse to touch anything with weird holes in it.. *shudder*

And it freaks me out when people stare at me. I don't know if it's considered a phobia or if it has a name.. But when people stare at me, i have a anxiety attack and start breaking down. I can't stop it.. It def. links to something that happened to me though.
    • I have no idea how my is phobia called but I am terrified of mascots.. I mean not like teddy bears or something but those fluffy costumes of animals that you can see for example on a football match. I am honestly terrified of that..I am gettin a proper panic attacks when I see one of them. So yeah.. disneyland is a nightmare for me..
      weirdo
    • rockyroxay wrote:

i'm fairly certain i have trypophobia.. That is, holes in things.. It just makes me feel weird and i refuse to touch anything with weird holes in it.. *shudder*

THIS. It makes my skin crawl to look at, and I feel sick and faint. But at the same time I'm sort of fascinated by it too and will sometimes deliberately look at pictures which set it off.

I generally don't like clusters of things IRL, like inside some fruits or veg where there's thousands of little seeds all clustered together. I dunno if I'd say it's a phobia though because I'm not scared as such, more... repulsed.

One thing that does irrationally terrify me is when potatoes (in the bag at home) grow shoots. I will scream and run away, refuse to look, certainly won't touch. The thought that a potato shoot could touch my skin is horrifying.
    • <p>

rockyroxay wrote:

i'm fairly certain i have trypophobia.. That is, holes in things.. It just makes me feel weird and i refuse to touch anything with weird holes in it.. *shudder*&nbsp;</p>

<p>And it freaks me out when people stare at me. I don't know if it's considered a phobia or if it has a name.. But when people stare at me, i have a anxiety attack and start breaking down. I can't stop it.. It def. links to something that happened to me though.
      </p>

Wow, this is interesting phobia.. and indeed, my phobia (fear of depth) relates to your phobia because I get extremely terrified of looking at a deep hole that is bottomless... :brofist:

<p>

KvaTass wrote:

I have an Acrophobia (fear of heights)<br />
      When I was walking on the top of the 338m tall Macao tower, the FLOOR was made of GLASS<br />
      I know it's a tough glass but i saw people JUMPING on the GLASS.<br />
      And that's how i got Acrophobia if.... Anyone really cares....
      </p>

You were brave enough to put your feet on there, my friend!! And I would sweat my hands already just by seeing that... :brofist:
      ps: I'm afraid of height but can't help going on the rollercoaster...
      :brofist: Bro-fist :)
    • Sannesara wrote:

I have the same phobia as rockyroxay's. I just can't take looking at holes; I really have to look away and breathe in to calm myself down, or else a few tears will escape.

Yes, we just can't cure phobia somehow (unless you overcome it which is pretty hard). I always get sweating and heart beats faster and everywhere on my body starts itching whenever I look at an object that has great depth. :brofist:
    • None. But I really hate ants. It's almost a phobia, I guess. I'm not scared of them but I just hate them, seeing one just make me sick... I guess it's a little phobia. It's pretty much the same with flies. But what's weird is that I like (or at least don't mind) others insects and such. (Bees, spiders*, gnats, bugs, ladybugs, buttlerflies, dragonflies... even cockroaches...)

*I know it's not an insect but that's pretty much the same to many people so ~

• Ilyes wrote:

Claustrophobia & Acrophobia .

:brofist:

Interesting. I'm scared of small space especially...tomb ;(

Smorgastarta wrote:

None. But I really hate ants. It's almost a phobia, I guess. I'm not scared of them but I just hate them, seeing one just make me sick... I guess it's a little phobia. It's pretty much the same with flies. But what's weird is that I like (or at least don't mind) others insects and such. (Bees, spiders*, gnats, bugs, ladybugs, buttlerflies, dragonflies... even cockroaches...)

*I know it's not an insect but that's pretty much the same to many people so ~

Take off your flip flop...BAMM!!! Lol, ants are annoying especially red ants... they bit me a lot when I was small.. oh gosh ;(