Data's Game Jam team

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Data's Game Jam team

Data's Game Jam team

Broarmy has now change to create awesome games that Pewds can play! This game is going to be some chaotic and hilarous pixelated mix of 2d and 3d. I have coded for years and I have some experience about making games (I am developing an AAA style game). We will use Unity3d engine and C# language. 3d modelers, C# programmers, pixel artists and music makers enter here! Age doesn't matter, you just need to know your thing. I am myself just a teen hobbyist from Finland. Enter here and let's do a cool game Nov. 21 - Nov. 24. If you don't want to do anything of these things you can participate by giving good ideas or designing levels. We will probaly use skype chat during the jam.

Devs
      I think we don't need more if you all are active. I will contact each in private next week before the jam.

Concept
      This will be a 2d platformer with 3d objects in it, and you can actually turn to another road in it . NPCs will have side, back and front tekstures and they will rotate to face player like in Gamejolt game Bernband. The game will have an interactive story where you can do decisions like in rpg games.

Story: Main character was so drunk that he pressed the Big Red Button and he needs to find the Big Green Button from a big city to cancel or everyting will explode. That means most of the job is constructing and adding fun events.
      Stuff to do
      (remember the jam rules!)
      Textures (all pixelated exept skybox maybe, try to make back and side textures too):
      • Machine textures
      • Dead / gray grass textures / sprites (law and long)
      • Pixelated screens with about ten variations
      • Sky scraper textures (window, beton, some dark material?)
      • Pipe texture
      • Evening city skybox colorful_city_lights_at_night-t2.jpg
      • People sprites (some with sitting, drinking and some special moves)
      • Sprites for bar objects
      • Sprites of everything that you think could be nice
      Pack sprites with same theme to same file.
      Almost every building is a scyscraper but they will have different bottoms where you can go to.
      Models (lowpoly or cubic, primitive shapes such as sheres and cylinders allowed):
      • Pipes
      • Buildings (scyscrapers and bottoms of them)
      • A wheelbarrow
      • Table
      • Chair

The post was edited 24 times, last by Data ().

• What Engine are you using? I have experience in using Unreal Engine 4, although I do take my time doing things. I specialize in sculpting objects using blender, typically home objects- TV's , Beds, Ornaments etc, but can also do a little programming using blueprints . Along with this I can create some neat matinee sequences.
      Also, if anyone is interested in joining a little pewdiepie game that I am making in UE4, please let me know :) I have already started. I plan on creating a short 20 minute piece of gameplay to then see the response. If it is positive, then we will continue with the main game. FYI it is a horror game.
      As for this game jam I wouldn't mind helping if it is in Unreal Engine 4. I already own the licenses so that shouldn't be a problem.
      Cheers!
      VB
      99 BIT Studios