the channel died when he removed comments.. what do u guys think :D

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Hi, lostkid1001!

I don't think that the channel is actually dead, it just works different now. ;)

But in fact you are somehow right, the whole Bad-YouTube-Comments-Topic affects the experience of YouTube. Either there are no comments or there are comments, but there are also a lot of negative comments. Both situations are not really satisfying in my opinion.

Therefore, I thought a bit about it and I also posted a thread regarding this issue here.

What do you think of this suggestion? I would really like to know your opinion about it. :)

Link to the thread:
      Solutions for bad youtube comments
    • idk, i never really commented or anything because i share an account. though i think its better for pewds because he doesnt get all the hate comments and people cant bash him through comments, but not all comments were bad though, some were very kind or funny, the stuff people want to see. i think his decision to turn them off should be discussed further though, definitly. with love, pewdsballs20134life
    • Nah, just because the comments are on separate site doesn't mean it's dead. You can still communicate on the video and reply to people, but hopefully without having to worry about negative comments or spam. Do you watch his videos for the comments or for the gameplay, and personality that is PewDiePie? It may not feel as "lively", but PewDiePie promotes in the hopes that more people will come, even though there is quite a bit of people right now.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Piggeh ().

• The channel is not dead but it's really sad that the comments aren't there now. I liked reading the comment section. Maybe it's for Poods' good that he disabled them since there were a lot of rude comments already. If I were him, I would do the same thing. He works his ass off just to entertain us and we repay him by rudely criticizing his videos.
    • Thanks too what pewds did he has helped allot of people meet up and make friends on broarmy ~ Now know as forum.pewdiepie
      But yea, It has grown allot and his channel as well and the haters has went away and some have came in and got removed faster then a mind can think about.
      So no worries its fine just hear his channels watch his videos and some people might not be able too comment on videos but some can get on here and see the forum posts etc. :)

Even How Alone you are you are not forever alone. You have family and loved one's by your side. <3
      Property of Fluffeh.Monster

• I disagree, i think the channel is actually more "alive" now cuz you can see the ACTUAL feedback from the people, you can actually see what people think about the video without thousands of thousands of spam/advertising in the middle of each messages.

Theres just one thing that makes me sad about not having commets now and that is whenever theres a horror game something scary and stuff i can't scroll down to my safe place.
    • Nah, man. I don't think the channel is dead if he removed the comments. The point is that he actually should have done that.
      It is a new system, true, but you will(as well as we all will) get used to it ;)
      ~~ Nothing stands before me. I am the one who makes changes to the world! Being positive in any way. Looking through my eyes brightly because dark times might come.~~

-Ice Mouse 95, the warrior Mouse.
    • IceMouse95 wrote:

Nah, man. I don't think the channel is dead if he removed the comments. The point is that he actually should have done that.
      It is a new system, true, but you will(as well as we all will) get used to it ;)

Adding up to Google commenting system sucks anyway. Hahaha

Even How Alone you are you are not forever alone. You have family and loved one's by your side. <3
      Property of Fluffeh.Monster

• Yeahh.. no. The channel has gotten much better now with the comments off, mostly because of all the trolls and comment chains that are gone. Couldn't even watch the comments once without seeing a troll on the first page, didn't really annoy me, but still.
      There are 3 types of people, those who can count, and thsoe who can't.
    • When he first removed the comments part of me thought that the channel was going to die. I've thought he removed comments just because there were too many of them. I changed my mind when I found out why he deleted comments so that he could better hear the bros and not by spammed by comments saying "click on my channel I'm a upcoming youtube" and stuff like that.
    • The channel is not dead, I mean, you're still watching his videos aren't you? He isn't losing subscribers? The only thing different is that there are no comments. The comments were filled with spammers so he really couldn't see the comments that bros were writing, which is kind of sad if you really think about it. If you'd be in his shoes, wouldn't you be sad if you would put so much hard work in your video and all you could see in the comment section was spam, and you'd see no appreciation? I'm pretty sure you'd wonder why you're putting so much pressure on yourself in the first place. So think of it as a new improved way for his channel :)