What is the thing you regret doing in your whole life?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Every time I've hurt people intentionnally in the past. I still want to apologies to the one I didn't every months or so. And that time I got scamed, but it was mostly my fault because I was too stupid/credulous (lost 1000$) (then met a boy and we realized that we both got scamed by the same person, that was funny though).

And then every time I've hurt people unintentionnally too.

But at least, I think that those thing make you a better person on the long run, like you try being more careful and stop trying to hurt people that hurted you. Revenge is gross, and most of the time, it's not satisfaying at all, you just end up being sorry for the pain you've caused.
    • I wish I didn't let people get to me so easily. People easily become my friend, I really don't care who, and I never really pay attention to who I'm befriending. That's cost me big time multiple times.
      I saw this girl, wore all this jewelry, wore dresses every day. She walked up to me and complimented me, said I was pretty. Being the shy person I was I thanked her and didn't talk to her for the rest of the day. Her name was Jenna. I was only in grade 5, my mother automatically hated the girl due to her being "spoiled". After that day we became inseparable. Our school only went to grade 5 so we were transferred to the same schools, the first day she ran away from me, told people rumors. I've regretted being her friend the past three or four years.
      This happened recently, maybe sometime last year. After the incident from above I got myself expelled from the school purposely and requested to go to a school I went to when I was in grade 2/3. I remembered having a friend, though her name was a blur, went along the lines of "Emily". I went and learned she was a loner, not one friend. It took me a few months but we soon became inseparable, the exact same as me and Jenna. This girls name was Femmy. There was a new girl named Maham, I quickly warmed up to her, we became even closer than me and Femmy. The last month of grade 6, Maham kept coming back to me with horrible things. Femmy was talking behind my back, just like Jenna did in my other school, but I didn't know about it. We went to grade 7, Maham exchanged schools and it was only me and Femmy. I didn't tell her about what I knew, I was afraid it would ruin our friendship. There was a new girl named Tamarah, I warmed up to her. Me and this girl, we were even closer than Maham herself! I noticed a change in Femmy's behavior and one day, she didn't talk to me. I called her name multiple times. Someone else called her name and her response... "I just don't want to talk to -insert my name here-! She is just annoying!- To this day I haven't been the same, well, considering this was last year... Well, me and Tamarah are pretty much loners, almost everywhere I go I can see and barely hear people whispering about me. Femmy told everyone I bullied her. Well, being her friend ruined my life.

I promised myself I wouldn't let them get to me, still working on pushing these to the past. But they literally scarred me for life, considering Jenna gave me a little scar on my arm. Brofist~~~ :brofist:
    • Passing up the opportunity to just go and be with someone. In the past 6 months I have lost 3 people in my life. One of the was my father, one of them was my pastor, and one of them was like a grandma to me. I regret not spending more time with them. Taking more pictures, Recording their voices. As the saying goes "hind sight is 20/20" I just wish I had spent what time I had with them better.
      I'm dying on the inside and he doesn't seem to care
    • having the feeling when i have 4 friends and there are 2 Groups, 3 friends standing at one side and 1 standing in the other side and they both have trouble and if you dont do anything they will get traumatised (wont get into details).....was pretty difficult so i chose the 3 people but its difficult thinking about it
      youtube.com/watch?v=sf6LD2B_kD…Rv9Ckjc-FBsuE2_QU6LOCL-aU-

a very tremendous Life changing with one instrument <3
    • What I regret the most is pushing a lot of people out of my life. Through my years of childhood, I had a lot of exposure to a religion which demands strict adherence to rules (aka Mormonism) followed up by sharing school with no one who shared that religion. I ended up isolated in my religion and that bled into my school life. I preferred books and computers to that of human beings. As a result, I ended up as a late bloomer to life.
      Durpa durr?
    • So old and have so many regrets.... A regret that is relateable (to the age group I think most of the people on this form are).

I had a crush on one of my friends in high school. We where very close and most of our friends suspected we liked each other that way by the way we acted around each other. Walking with an arm around the other's waist and stuff a couple would do (besides kissing, we never kissed). It was heaven! The best part of going to school was being around this person and walking hip to hip to catch the buses after school. But like an idiot I ruined this wonderful thing I had. I was soo sure they felt the same way and even our friends thought they liked me that way too.
      I regret confessing to my friend that I loved them...
      That confession just flipped the whole relationship. They now hated me and avoided me like the plague. I lost most of my friends, our group (seemed at the time) divided by whose side they where on. School was awful after that. I was disliked by my friends and the few that tried to stay neutral, it was awkward. It was heartbreaking! people I thought I was close friends with, suddenly abandoned me.

The saddest part of all is...... years after graduating from high school. I still haven't loved anyone more then I loved them.
      Eat your vegetables now <3
    • NotYourMom wrote:

So old and have so many regrets.... A regret that is relateable (to the age group I think most of the people on this form are).

I had a crush on one of my friends in high school. We where very close and most of our friends suspected we liked each other that way by the way we acted around each other. Walking with an arm around the other's waist and stuff a couple would do (besides kissing, we never kissed). It was heaven! The best part of going to school was being around this person and walking hip to hip to catch the buses after school. But like an idiot I ruined this wonderful thing I had. I was soo sure they felt the same way and even our friends thought they liked me that way too.
      I regret confessing to my friend that I loved them...
      That confession just flipped the whole relationship. They now hated me and avoided me like the plague. I lost most of my friends, our group (seemed at the time) divided by whose side they where on. School was awful after that. I was disliked by my friends and the few that tried to stay neutral, it was awkward. It was heartbreaking! people I thought I was close friends with, suddenly abandoned me.

The saddest part of all is...... years after graduating from high school. I still haven't loved anyone more then I loved them.
      -eats my veggies- im really sorry to hear that
      1. PROCRASTINATE
      2. DONT WORRY
      3. BE HAPPY