Getting started in the world of YouTube

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Getting started in the world of YouTube

Didn't really see a thread like this nor did I see a category for this to go in so here I am.

YouTube isn't easy. I dont say this from my own experience however this is the general idea from the large YouTubers, and starting from the bottom is the hardest part.

I am going to explain how in theory you can gain more views and sub count this is not a proven method nor is it my own I have taken and changed this from a thread on another forum called YTtalk, it goes like this:

When you first start you have no subs, no viewers however you should have friends, be it internet friends or trusting friends they will want to help you if they are your true friend, let them know about your channel regardless of how you think they may act upon seeing your content (this is difficult for some people) if they say something is wrong with it accept the error you have made (If you agree) and dont delete the video. The video will serve as a reminder for future videos of what not to do. Never conceal your mistakes otherwise you will not learn from them. Once you have your first video(s) GREAT! Now it's time to interact with other people go and view as many small channels you can give them a like, help them out, comment, mention how they can improve or even ask to collaborate this will further improve traffic towards your channel. Collaboration is key within the world of recording gameplay it allows the subscribers from both participants to mix and view the YouTubers different videos.

Great you have reached your goal of 100 subs. NEVER AIM TOO HIGH. If you aim high you are going to get upset (if you dont grow at a large rate) aim for around 100 subs after about 4 months because after all being a YouTuber is a hobby not a job. Continue to collaborate and interact with other peoples audiences and always interact with your own answer their comments this will keep them interested as long as you show interest in them they will be interested in you.

I know this isn't much to go on but I am not a big YouTuber and dont have first hand experience on this topic I made this so hopefully some of you guys can benefit. :)
    • Good idea!
      This is a nice thought, but not necessarily what you should be telling people. A lot of people need and want help getting started as YouTubers, however, I don't think it's good for people to create goals when it comes to subscribers.
      It's good to have a goal before starting.
      For me, my goal is to improve my speech. I'm a very soft-spoken person, and when giving presentation or even just when talking among friends, people can't hear me and I need to repeat several times.
      I've always been quiet. I go extremely long periods without talking to anyone, and I communicate almost exclusively non-verbally. Because of this, I'm also very bad at talking and forming thoughts at the same time, or taking in information at the same time. So things like game commentaries are almost impossible.

But I want to improve how I speak and how interesting I am when I speak. Which is exactly why I created a YouTube channel.

So what I'm saying is... people shouldn't start making YouTube just for the sake of being a YouTuber. Your idea of getting involved with the community and helping others out is really great.
      But I think your thread lacks the fact that people should first have a desire unrelated to YouTube that they can take and use YouTube to help themselves improve in one way or another instead of just making YouTube videos just because.

Because a lot of people do that. And even if they get involved with others, they'll never be successful unless they have a solid goal.
    • I really like this thread. I've followed quite a few like these and the number one thing they say is to enjoy what you do.
      I'll post something I remember my favorite Youtuber besides Pewds wrote another guy(I'm going to call him a Newtoob for short)

The Newtoob posted a video regarding the Youtuber's reply to an e-mail. The Youtuber had praised his video saying that it obviously looked like he took time on his videos and that's the type of message you want to send to your fans. Never advertise yourself on another person's channel because that's annoying for that person's channel, fans, and even though you may get a few subscribers in the long run you may have more people annoyed with you than people who like you. The Youtuber went on to say that joining a few forums and communicating with those communities may help. If someone likes what you say then they may check you out and then from there something may happen.
      That advice is from a guy who has about 2 million subscribers and I believe he should have even more.
      From a personal point of view I think that being noticed is one of the hardest things especially on Youtube, so have a thick spine and persist.

EDIT: Wanted to share this video by Tomska(he does the asdf videos):

The post was edited 1 time, last by NoizeXP ().