Adventure games,Point,click and AWAY!!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Adventure games,Point,click and AWAY!!

:brofist: Hey bros! I just wanted to start a thread about the point and click adventure games,
      just cause they have been a big part of my childhood and i was so sad when i noticed a big pause in some years.
      The adventure games kinda died and LUCKILY it's reanimated and back on it's cute little feet again! :thumbsup:
      I wanted to ask you about your opinions on the genre ,do you remember any classics from Sierra and Lucas Arts,
      did you play any of the new ones?
      As for me the thing i am most hype about right now is Paradigm.It's just so cool looking and the artwork is just amazing.
    • Broken Sword has got to be my faovorite of ALL TIME!
      The first one is avbsolutely a timeless classic in every sense of the term.
      BS The Serpent's Curse was released not too long ago, while it's a great game in its own right, it just pales in comparison to the original.
      I bought this game SEVERAL times, on every platform, every time it's been RE-released.
      It's like a great book you re-read constantly. The gameplay has the right amount of puzzle and challenge ( and "game logic").
      The characters are superbly crafted; the diagloges are classic to this day.
      It has aged incredibly well over the years. The 2D animated graphics hasn't aged one bit.
      Some of the former Disney animators worked on the animation if i remember correctly.
      It would be an amazing treat if you're going to make a series of it. That would make this bro very happy.

A VERY VERY close second would be Beneath a Steel Sky. Which was ALSO created by Charles Cecil, the creator of Broken Sword mentioned above.
      Two classics, by the same person. I've bought mulitples version of this game as well.
      I was happy it was re-released for the iOS.
      Dave Gibbons, the co-creator of Watchmen, was the main artist and partial wiriter of the game.

The Curse of Money Island would be number 3. Sma and Max deserves a mention. The Longest Journey is another classic that comes to mind.

I'm also very glad that the genre is making a comeback in recent years as well.
    • I love the Monkey Island series! Definitely brings back great memories. Would love it if they did another chapter based series of the game.

Has anyone played Broken Age? I enjoyed the story and the puzzles weren't easy to figure out but also weren't too hard (unlike some of the puzzle in Monkey Island which I admit to dirty cheating to figure them out!) I liked the overall look and feel of Broken Age and the voice actors were great pretty much all the way through. Looking forward to Part 2 coming out soon!