High school and stuff

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• High school and stuff

Hi bros!

I just want to ask some advice here on high school and life it self.
      I am just getting the feeling that high school is "mentally challenging"
      what i mean by that is, i just feel it's mostly useless.
      Why am i in need to know what a hyperbola is? or why i'm learning french while i don't like/want to (in the netherlands we have 1 year french, then 2 years french and german and then i choose one of them for the next 3 years, but this is only on my level studying)
      I like learning new stuff mostly, i love astronomy, physics and chemistry and that kind of stuff but the way school sometimes teaches me, it's almost forced.
      And probably mature people will say something related to : "Don't be whiny, i'm working .... hours a week and i'm not complaining, you only go a few days and atleast have long weekends" etc. etc.
      But for those saying that, i can't do much with that... (sorry for sounding rude)

Anyways, i love playing games but just sometimes (and i think everyone had/has this once in a while) i feel it's just useless.
      okay i'm having fun but i'm not productive, not really doing anything important.
      And i just feel a little sad...
      I'm barely outside, and if i am i got nothing to do. There isn't really a NASA for young people :P or other stuff i like.
      Any advice from the awesome broarmy here?

thanks in advance :)
      Click here to see my channel!

Support if you like and PEACE!
    • Hahaha been there man. I hated my high school. I barely could wait to go to college. Not only I hated studies, I hated most of the people in it as well and yes it can be really depressing form time to time. I was, and stayed in love with art, music, biology and psychology... but yes the usual classes were boring as hell, because I'm the kind of person that loves challenges, and those were dull. Maybe you could use your knowledge of physics to make something, and go to library, get a book on that matter, or maybe help other people that struggle with the same thing (if you're willing to listen to whining :P), join some kind of community on the internet maybe... it's not much of an advice but the high school is something you just have to go through to move on.
      And even though I hated it, I always pushed myself just because I knew that if I overcome that, I'll study whatever I want right after that. So maybe just to challenge your mind a bit more simply by asking and answering questions yourself will do the trick. Do something new, don't run from that. ^^
      And I wish you good luck and stay firm and focused. It will be worth it at the end. Heck, it doesn't last too long anyway ;)
      On the outside I may appear like an emotionless sarcastic piece of shit, but just like an onion, when you peel off more layers, you find the exact same thing every single time and you start crying.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
    • Ritual Lobotomy wrote:

Hahaha been there man. I hated my high school. I barely could wait to go to college. Not only I hated studies, I hated most of the people in it as well and yes it can be really depressing form time to time. I was, and stayed in love with art, music, biology and psychology... but yes the usual classes were boring as hell, because I'm the kind of person that loves challenges, and those were dull. Maybe you could use your knowledge of physics to make something, and go to library, get a book on that matter, or maybe help other people that struggle with the same thing (if you're willing to listen to whining :P), join some kind of community on the internet maybe... it's not much of an advice but the high school is something you just have to go through to move on.
      And even though I hated it, I always pushed myself just because I knew that if I overcome that, I'll study whatever I want right after that. So maybe just to challenge your mind a bit more simply by asking and answering questions yourself will do the trick. Do something new, don't run from that. ^^
      And I wish you good luck and stay firm and focused. It will be worth it at the end. Heck, it doesn't last too long anyway ;)

Thanks man, really appreciate your advice and help :)
      I should use my knowledge to do something productive, but i just yet have to find my thing. I was thinking about building PC's. I know the basics already and tried it with a very old not used pc but i think (and it's logical) that no one wants a 14-year old making one of the most important things these days...
      Anyways, thanks again !
      Click here to see my channel!

Support if you like and PEACE!
    • ADutchGuy wrote:

Thanks man, really appreciate your advice and help :)
      I should use my knowledge to do something productive, but i just yet have to find my thing. I was thinking about building PC's. I know the basics already and tried it with a very old not used pc but i think (and it's logical) that no one wants a 14-year old making one of the most important things these days...
      Anyways, thanks again !

Well it starts with the usual things. You can't expect to build a space shuttle form the first attempt. You'll get there. Any by what I saw 14-year-old kids do, what you do is quite impressive :)
      Keep up the good work I say :thumbup:
      On the outside I may appear like an emotionless sarcastic piece of shit, but just like an onion, when you peel off more layers, you find the exact same thing every single time and you start crying.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!