Shoutout Competition #3

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Shoutout Competition #3

I'm really disappointed about the criteria for which you must meet for this competition. I put in my "application" and it was deleted within the hour due to not having enough subs. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this competition for getting subs. I'm not trying to pout or anything, but I feel like this is a bit unfair. My content is much higher in quality than many of those who have a lot of subs, but they just know how to market better. Not trying to be cocky or anything, there are tons of great you-tubers out there, but I believe I am one of them. I do have a high view count, the quality of my videos is always the highest I can possibly try to achieve, and my frequency of uploads is fairly good. 3-7 per week, sometimes more, sometimes less, I'm very busy. i'd just like some feedback please. What do you bros think?

Thanks,
      Christian AKA Sologunner20 AKA toellballs AKA Sex Demon AKA The Prison's Watering Hole AKA Sexual Conquistador the 3rd
    • First of all: youtube.com/watch?v=rYbetvkPA6I
      And now , being serious(and do not be offended) :
      - Just a note: Last year when he was far away from the top 10 youtubers, the min. amount of subs was 300 not 100. (So he made it easier for the youtubers this year)
      Secondly: You've been doing it for 3 years, frequently. If your channel is that great you'd have got a lot more views/subs, no offense.
      Thirdly: A bit heavy on the EGO. Never helps. ("the quality of my videos is always the highest " or "there are tons of great you-tubers out there, but I believe I am one of them." ... really?)

I believe it is a sad thing to mention "quality" in a Let's player video, it's not just you. A lot of smaller let's players are like " great quality, etc." but quality =/= microphone,video camera, etc. It is about the presentation. That is what makes a let's player pretty successful. Sure, you need a good microphone but that's far from the key of being successful.

Regarding the contest, I think he was really nice with the rules ( deleted guys will rage upon reading this) and that you guys should respect it. I mean it.
      If you can't and raging about it, I've got some bad news: You're "one of those" in the fan base. Those , we are ashamed of and not sure that we should call ourselves "fans" anymore. ( Only you can decide if you are one of those)
      <--- Oh, you hate me son?
    • Not trying to be cocky

Xebaz wrote:

- Just a note: Last year when he was far away from the top 10 youtubers, the min. amount of subs was 300 not 100. (So he made it easier for the youtubers this year)
      Secondly: You've been doing it for 3 years, frequently. If your channel is that great you'd have got a lot more views/subs, no offense.
      Thirdly: A bit heavy on the EGO. Never helps. ("the quality of my videos is always the highest " or "there are tons of great you-tubers out there, but I believe I am one of them." ... really?)

I believe it is a sad thing to mention "quality" in a Let's player video, it's not just you. A lot of smaller let's players are like " great quality, etc." but quality =/= microphone,video camera, etc. It is about the presentation. That is what makes a let's player pretty successful. Sure, you need a good microphone but that's far from the key of being successful.

Regarding the contest, I think he was really nice with the rules ( deleted guys will rage upon reading this) and that you guys should respect it. I mean it.
      If you can't and raging about it, I've got some bad news: You're "one of those" in the fan base. Those , we are ashamed of and not sure that we should call ourselves "fans" anymore. ( Only you can decide if you are one of those)
      By quality, I meant presentation. My apologies if I did not quite state that the way I should have. And im not trying to be cocky by any means, by top youtubers, I mean anybody with 1000+ Subs. Lastly, I've been doing this for three years, but I've only uploaded on this channel for the past month. I had a channel before with 700+ Subs and even more views, but I unfortunately forgot the password and used a fake email. Lesson learned: Use a real email. But I agree with Pewd's rules, because if they werent there, there would be thousands of entrys. My apologies if I came off the wrong way, its just you get a bit frustrated every now and then.
    • "By quality, I meant presentation."
      Exactly what I said. Your videos are good except for presentation. Your videos are boring , sorry to say it. (checked more videos from you just to make sure I am right)
      Your amnesia video for example: 5 minutes of nothing then reading the loading screen's tip. That won't entertain the audience.
      <--- Oh, you hate me son?
    • Still need some polishing

Xebaz wrote:

The requirements are there for a reason, we don't want it to be spammed with 1000 more pages than it is. Last competition was like 500+ subs, it got lowered to 100. If you don't like the requirements you are free to leave.

Bundyclan wrote:

First of all: youtube.com/watch?v=rYbetvkPA6I

Bundyclan wrote:

"By quality, I meant presentation."
      Exactly what I said. Your videos are good except for presentation. Your videos are boring , sorry to say it. (checked more videos from you just to make sure I am right)
      Your amnesia video for example: 5 minutes of nothing then reading the loading screen's tip. That won't entertain the audience.
      I'm still learning and if you watch newer videos or even the fifa videos, the quality, sorry, I mean, PRESENTATION, gets better with each video. I agree with the Amnesia comment 100% and that was right when I started getting into walkthroughs of games. Thank you for the feedback, I figure if its negative feedback, it can only help me in the future.
      If you haven't figured out yet too, I'm very new to forums and threads.
    • Why didn't you stick to your other account If you don't mind me asking?

I'm satisfied with the rules and I get where your coming from, but you must understand how many people post inside that thread with their channels. A lot of posts and a lot of Youtubers who aren't as committed as others (sucks for those with high subs but are struggling to break threw even more, would suck for a channel with 2 subs to get a shoutout etc.)

A lot of strain on the moderators through, kudos for their management of that thread.
    • I would have stuck with the other account, but I stopped uploading for about 3 months, forgot the password and had no way to obtain it due to the fact that the email it was linked to was fake. I already stated this, but thanks for your understanding, its good to know that somebody else knows how I feel.

DanViron wrote:

Why didn't you stick to your other account If you don't mind me asking?

I'm satisfied with the rules and I get where your coming from, but you must understand how many people post inside that thread with their channels. A lot of posts and a lot of Youtubers who aren't as committed as others (sucks for those with high subs but are struggling to break threw even more, would suck for a channel with 2 subs to get a shoutout etc.)

A lot of strain on the moderators through, kudos for their management of that thread
    • FIFA is great to do if your good at it and want to help other players. Take a look at KSIOlajidebt - he's one of the most popular FIFA uploaders on YT and you could get some understanding of how he uploads and his sort of take on FIFA for YT (unless you already know of him of course).

Not many Americans doing FIFA so would be a good avenue to check out.
    • DanViron wrote:

FIFA is great to do if your good at it and want to help other players. Take a look at KSIOlajidebt - he's one of the most popular FIFA uploaders on YT and you could get some understanding of how he uploads and his sort of take on FIFA for YT (unless you already know of him of course).

Not many Americans doing FIFA so would be a good avenue to check out.
      He's actually where I got my inspiration, and as soon as Fifa 14 come outs out, I'm doing a Ultimate team road to division 1.
    • To be honest the amount of one posters joining JUST for a shout out shows how little they take part of the community as a whole, which begs the question: If they don't offer anything to the community then why should they get a shoutout? I think a certain post count should be a requirement next time to trim the fat.

I mean as Felix said he is tired of people advertising on his channel and all this has done is move the selfish advertisers into here when people that I have come to know in this forum who have stuck around and helped build it up deserve a shoutout instead.
      There is always time for muffins.
    • Noirproxy wrote:

To be honest the amount of one posters joining JUST for a shout out shows how little they take part of the community as a whole, which begs the question: If they don't offer anything to the community then why should they get a shoutout? I think a certain post count should be a requirement next time to trim the fat.

I mean as Felix said he is tired of people advertising on his channel and all this has done is move the selfish advertisers into here when people that I have come to know in this forum who have stuck around and helped build it up deserve a shoutout instead.

I am one of those, who just got into this forum due to the Competition and I think If you put up requirements like that Noirproxy this Forum would be spammed within a few hours so massively, you wouldn't know where to clean what anymore. xD Just sayin'. I Understand what you're thinking of, but honestly? Most of those self advertiser guys are still posting comments under his videos and didn't even realize there is this kind of competition. xD I think for Pewds being Nr.1 right now the amount of Submissions ain't that high. I mean ok over 3000 Submissions or whatnot is a high number, but honestly? I thought it would be WAY more... WAAAAAY more Submissions xD I mean come on... He got so many people he reaches with his Videos... And the way the requirements are set up just show how fair Pewds wants to be.

I'd rather say they should close the Thread and try to narrow the channels down that are still not meeting the requirements. I think the Mods are doing an incredible job here and I have already seen a lot of channels in this competition where I personally thought: "This might be someone to contact for collaborations. :D " or "Wow this one got some nice videos right here, but to have only xxx subs at this point is a bit unfortunate :/" or "What is this? This one got like over 1000 Subs and all he got are videos with like almost 0 views?? What treachery is this! xD"
    • I think there's a lot of valid points in this thread.
      From the "just joining the forum for the competition" to the counter-point that a minimum number of posts would see a huge amount of spam.
      I'm sure the 3-10 channels that get chosen will be the ones most deserving - you can tell when people have put time and effort into their videos...but sometimes you need good presentation and ideas on top of that too.
    • The reason of the >100 subs limit is just here so stupid talentless kids/people don't make Pewds/the mods waste their time watching their awful quality Call of Duty single video or their video-trip to DisneyLand.

A shoutout implies showing off a channel, and a channel is only worth showing off if it has quality. I'm sorry to bluntly say the truth, but if the so-called "talented Youtubers" really were talented, they would've had the necessary 100 subs a way or another. You might as well not be a Youtuber for a long time, but in that case a shoutout isn't a good idea either.

Plus, the shoutout was never meant to be for everyone, for all I remember.
    • Kahisys wrote:

The reason of the >100 subs limit is just here so stupid talentless kids/people don't make Pewds/the mods waste their time watching their awful quality Call of Duty single video or their video-trip to DisneyLand.

A shoutout implies showing off a channel, and a channel is only worth showing off if it has quality. I'm sorry to bluntly say the truth, but if the so-called "talented Youtubers" really were talented, they would've had the necessary 100 subs a way or another. You might as well not be a Youtuber for a long time, but in that case a shoutout isn't a good idea either.

Plus, the shoutout was never meant to be for everyone, for all I remember.

Kahisys wrote:

Well said that man!