Shy person

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• I'm a very shy person, I don't have much good friends (2). I'm not looking for fame. But feel lonely most of the time. I have a strange personality, not everyone like it. There are a few person that talks to me sometime,we don't really share the same interests, so were not really super close friends.The thing is, in my school, people are only looking to get popular, Everyone tries to be everyone else, they ''copying'' eachother. There is not much people that conserves his personality like me. When I am my self, I feel good, :P but also very lonely. :| When I try to socialize with people around, I feel bored. It's the same thing with my whole familly, can't take much more of this. ;( I often get depressed for not much. Often thinks about suicide, but something inside me keeps me from doing it. I keep looking foward, tomorow will be another day.. I try to change this, but I never arrived with a proper solution in 15 years.
      You speak French? ?( and want to see French Gaming videos? click here
      Have you got a Pet ? - my first Parody (english)
    • Hey man, I don't know your interests and weather we have them the same or not (I saw you like drawing, helping people and dogs so that's actually three of them ;)) but if you will accept my friendship I'll be your friend too. It's easier to talk to someone over forums and messages, I know :)
      So if you would do me the honour to be on my friend's list, I'll gladly be on yours *bow down*
      On the outside I may appear like an emotionless sarcastic piece of shit, but just like an onion, when you peel off more layers, you find the exact same thing every single time and you start crying.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
    • well try talking to people, if you will go and talk to people, it will be esier for you to make friends, being wierd is awsome and don't forget that, once you will talk to people, you will get used to it, and you will forget you have ever been shy
      Check out my new youtube gaming channel

Subscribers count 1100/2000, see you there
      goo.gl/PksE0p
    • Based off the title, you say you're a shy person.

Trust me, I know how hard it is to break out of that.

Just find someone you completely click with. That's how I usually "break out of my shell"

As long as I have one friend, I can meet other people. It's like a zombie infection!

Practice just putting yourself out there, join something!
    • Just be yourself and do what makes you happy. Don't let others put you don't for not being "popular" and, most importantly, do not let yourself beat you up over popularity. Eventually you will find someone (perhaps multiple someones) that will share your interests and support you. The best part about that is the fact that you will get confidence you didn't know you had before.

I see you said you think about suicide sometimes. All I can say to this is: stay strong. If you ever feel weak, just know that someone, somewhere believes in you: me. And I am sure there are plenty of people on this site that would feel the same.
    • Update: Well, last year, I did some theater and I was fully stressed but I was good. I said to myself '' It's not me, it's my character whos talking in a weird moth priest' s dress :D''. I met some new peoples (all girls so I always had that feeling I hate :S ) But today, I don't talk much to them, as I said before, I don't share the same interests. I like video games and editing videos, even planned to make career in that. They don't really like video games :( , and don't really care about random videos either. So I stop to talk to them. Now, my 2 friend are gone to other schools, and I am lost. I only see them in weekend, if they can, most of the time they are busy. For other people in my school, they are dumb and immature ,most of them, they are in my school for 4 years now so I know them a bit, they are not my friend, lucky me they don't bully me yet. I feel like shit to not be able to speak to anybody. Making new friend and meeting new people always give me horrible feelings. This was a little update to make sure you really understand what I really meant by ''shy''.
    • Well, a lot of people have had the same experience including myself. I know that most advice especially the infamous Be Yourself thing would not actually help you much but let me tell you something. Just sticking to being the person you are now will not take you anywhere. I'm not saying it's bad but you'd still be on the same level as you are now. Instead, you should aim to be someone you want to be. If you want to be that funny, lovable guy, then just go for it. Learn whatever you think you will need to learn but don't expect anything to happen any time soon. Change does not happen overnight and you will need to learn to figure out and adapt with the people around you. It actually took me 3 years to figure this out and when I finally made it, it was great.

Never forget who you are as well as your friends. Some of them might leave you but that is just something you will need to face.
    • Never let other people decide who you should be. You can only change yourself because you want to. If you force yourself into being a person you don't really want to be then it will make you miserable.

Be the leading man in your own story. Friends will come and go, but only you can write your story. Only you can play the lead role in your own play. Don't let someone else write that character for you.
    • Dont worry i am also lonley.But now that High School started,no one knows who i am so i can pretend to be cool :D

If you go to another school,try to act diffirent
    • I think there are a lot of people out there who are in the same situation you are in.
      I can easily get depressed as well, but when something positive happens; I'm all good!

Never consider suicidal. I hope you realize how much you mean for your family.
      Think about what their feelings would be like if you did it. They would think they did something wrong.
      They might feel like crap for the rest of their lives if you even mentioned it to them.

I suggest that you talk to them about you being bored, or anything similar.
      You will eventually find something you love doing, talking with someone always helps you towards finding out what you love.
      Minecraft & more - youtube.com/Andrekvit
    • I think there are a lot of people out there who are in the same situation you are in.

I can easily get depressed as well, but when something positive happens; I'm all good!

Never consider suicidal. I hope you realize how much you mean for your family.

Think about what their feelings would be like if you did it. They would think they did something wrong.

They might feel like crap for the rest of their lives if you even mentioned it to them.

I suggest that you talk to them about you being bored, or anything similar.

You will eventually find something you love doing, talking with someone always helps you towards finding out what you love.
      My parents caused me trouble most of my life, they made me beliveve I was mentally sick while I was not. I grew up now and I hate them. For my brother, he has a mental illness that i can't translate (and explain properly). He can't writte and read, and he have social problems. I realized that my videos make him laught (He can hear my voice) , and that what I want. For the rest of my familly they know about me and my story but they're like (we can't help you :P , were really really sorry :sleeping: ). I have spoken to my teachers too and they can't do anything, because im too old and the gov don't do anything for old kids. Looks like I was doomed to fall in a life of problem.