Best games you have ever played

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Best games you have ever played

Hey everyone.. So I wanted to open this thread just to see your opinions...
      It's about the best games you've ever played by story, graphics, physics etc.

So I'll start:
      -Story: I think The Last of Us had a great story and characters.
      -Graphics: GTA series has some badass graphics, especially IV and the new V. Also Far Cry 3, because of that beautiful island.
      -Physics: I remember I once played a game with badass physics, but I can't remember the name. Sorry.

I would like to hear your opinions.

Also offtopic, the best TV Series I have ever watched was The Visitors 2009 (or V). I just like that so much.
      Well fcuk...

Email me: [email protected]
      *brofist*
    • -Story:GTA III-the first time i played it i was amazed by the characters,and that i can kill them after :P

-Graphics:Crysis 3 is incredible-plasma gun thingy looks super cool when killing the big robot thingy

-Physics:Battlefield 2 has the most realistic FPS physics-no regen,limited ammo,helicopter and plane handling,car driving,swimming etc.

Off Topic-Best TV series i watched was Star Trek:Voyager :P
    • -Story: The game with the best story in my opinion is Mass Effect
      -Graphics: I think halo 4, far cry 3, and maybe battlefield 3
      -Physics: I'm thinking maybe Half life, portal, Battlefield
      Honestly the best game overall for me is Mass Effect because I really enjoy Sci-fi themed games and always a good story that keeps me playing the series. Also you choose how you play the game (different classes to choose from). And who doesn't enjoy saving the universe 3 times?
      Truer words have never been spoken.

-Your Pet Squid

• Graphics: well... I pre-ordered crysis 3 to ps3... And the graphics were still awesome! :D
      Physics: well, i kinda like battlefields bulletdrops, flying etc. Even though im more of a cod player ( yup, i admitted it)
      Story: i like walking dead and the last of us, but i think crysis 3 epic story is just too badass. :DD

Actually, now that im looking at my answers, i dont understand why i dont play crysis 3 more... :S
    • Storyline: It's gotta be Ocarina of Time, due to it's superb storytelling through such simplistic yet brilliant ways, and the music works so well along with it. Deus Ex: Human Revolution also had a great story, although I still haven't finished it
      Graphics: I think P.C games kind of steal the show, but Halo 4's graphics left me really impressed :D
      Physics: Garry's mod XD So basically most source engine games
      I'm an overly sized pickle with a tendency to play video games :D Come on over and view me up on the Youtubes, if you wanna, it would be appreciated:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePickledJimmy
    • Star wars: KoToR 1 - Awesome story and characters, great RPG elements also first actual Deus Ex Machina I encountered
      Star wars: KoToR 2 - Yet again awesome story and characters, RPG elemetsa are even better. Story is little bit dark, but I still love it. I think this game can be called Gesamtkunstwerk. I need to say that this game belongs here only with Restored content mod, original one isn´t so good.
      Bioshock - Great story and best Deus Ex Machina I ever saw! And thats not all. The awesomeness of Big dady and Little sister, Sander Cohen and every other side character is just endless!
      Unreal Tournament - In my opinion best FPS gameplay ever achieved. Awesome soundtrack and sounds(This is where Duble kill and killing spree sounds comes from). And one of the best level desings ever!
    • I loved Dead Space for the story. It wasn't for the spectacular writing but because it was easy for me to follow and get into. The game also had a great overall atmosphere although it's not my favorites.

Graphics wise nothing to be honest. I've never been into graphical experience and always sacrificed looks for the performance. It's also the main reason why I usually play on low settings. My imagination has the best graphics to fill those non-anti-aliased lines.

Stair Dismount gets my physics award because it's nothing but physics. Yeah!

To answer the question in general, the best games what I've played are situation dependent.

If I want to have fun or goof online, I'd go for Team Fortress 2. It literally is the most fun you can have online... Without friends.

The same as above but if I got a good team arranged, Left 4 Dead 2, Battlefield 3 or Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

If I feel the need to unnecessarily induce rage in people, I'll turn into Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer. There's a great joy doing nothing wrong but still watch folks get incredibly fed up with you.

Same with League of Legends. God I love League of Legends.

Singleplayer experiences go to Amnesia: The Dark Descent, the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and the modern Fallout games.
    • I feel like spicing things up. Here's my 2.0 list.

Story: Sairento Hiru 2. (though I still have my love for Persona 3.)
      AW YEAH, SOME NEW SHIT! Gameplay: Quake series or Metal Gear Solid series.
      Difficulty: SUUUPERRRR MEEEAAAT BOOOOOYYYY.
      Favourite Japanese Game: Earthbound.
      Favourite American Game: Fallout: New Vegas.
      Favourite Classic (considered a classic by many gamers) Game: Half Life.
      Horror: Afraid of Monsters. Only game/mod that made me scare quit.
      Graphics: Mirrors Edge or CRYYYYYSISSSSSS.
      Physics: Source Engine Games.

colonel, we managed to avoid drowning!