Which PC would be better?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Which PC would be better?

Hi! I asked from Jimms PC-Store for good gaming PC for 600-800 euros. I also have my own list of things that I thought could be good. So, which one You guys think? :)

Jimms PC
      Price 800 euros

Thermalright True Spirit 90 M processorcooler, LGA775/115X/13

Kingston HyperX 2x4GB, DDR3 1600MHz, CL9

Western Digital 1TB Caviar Green, 3.5", Sata3, IntelliPower, 64MB

Asus DRW-24F1ST, DVD-, SATA, Musta Bulk

Asus Z87-K, LGA1150, Intel Z87, DDR3, ATX

Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 DirectCU II OC, 2GB GDDR5,

Intel Haswell Core i5-4430, LGA1150, 3,0 GHz, 6MB, Boxed

BitFenix Shinobi, ATX, musta, USB3.0

Silverstone 500W, Strider Essential, ATX 2.3, 80 Plus

My own:

Price: 780 euros

Computer case: jimms.fi/tuote/EN56670
      Motherboard: jimms.fi/tuote/P8Z77-V-LX2
      Processor: jimms.fi/tuote/BX80637I53350P
      Memory: jimms.fi/tuote/CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9
      Hard drive:: jimms.fi/tuote/WD1002FAEX
      Disc drive: jimms.fi/tuote/90DD0190-B10000
      Video card: jimms.fi/tuote/WL048AA
      Sound card: jimms.fi/tuote/XONAR-DG-BLK

Sorry for not putting any links, I can fix it later when I get on PC. :) (writing this on my iPad)

Also, if you can help me and tell me what parts would be good, it would be awesome if you can tell me your opinions. :)
    • DanViron wrote:

In my opinion it's better to make your own as it works out cheaper for the parts and they're not that hard to make either. Therefore I would go with the 'my own version' if you technically sound with making a computer.

Yeah, Im building it, no matter what. I meant that which parts, they would only sell me those parts. :)
      And thanks for answering so fast.
    • that motherboard in my opinion is too expensive and it isn't worthy and that image don't correspond to the specifications that are writen below.

look at the image i can only see 2 PCI EX. 16 Slots, the specifications that there is 4 PCI EX. 16 slots

and the the audio channel is 8ch audio that's impossible because 8ch audio is 6 connectors not only 3 connectors that are green,blue,black,orange,pink,gray in that motherboard on has green,pink and blue.

You might rethink to choose other motherboard because the image that is in the motherboard isn't the one that specified.

Also see specifications of the chipset of the motherboard to see the diferences between them

See my channel if you speak English, ignore the other language videos
      youtube.com/FTRGameplays
    • FTR wrote:

that motherboard in my opinion is too expensive and it isn't worthy and that image don't correspond to the specifications that are writen below.

look at the image i can only see 2 PCI EX. 16 Slots, the specifications that there is 4 PCI EX. 16 slots

and the the audio channel is 8ch audio that's impossible because 8ch audio is 6 connectors not only 3 connectors that are green,blue,black,orange,pink,gray in that motherboard on has green,pink and blue.

You might rethink to choose other motherboard because the image that is in the motherboard isn't the one that specified.

Also see specifications of the chipset of the motherboard to see the diferences between them

With this, do you mean my own thoughts about equipment or their choice of equipment? :)
      And thanks a lot! These answers really help me out! :)
      Also, do you thing that their equipments are worth of my money? :)
    • Dzoniopusten wrote:

Well honestly i would pick my gear from newegg and order it from it.
      Newegg is USA only.

the parts you have chosen are good but if you add a bit more money you can buy better stuff why gtx 660 when gtx 760 is 50$ more expensive but it has 20% better performance and i would go with Zotac 760 AMP! edition.and even if not 760 pick Zotac 660 AMP! edition.or you can choose from EVGA which have been partners with Nvidia for Many years.Asus makes good mother boards not good graphic cards.are you sure you want to go with i5 4430?i5 3570K is only 20$ more expensive about 20-30% better and it's much more over clock friendly.so if you picked a i5-3570K pick an Asus P8Z77-V LK about 10$ more expensive.it's a great mother board even compared to the one you had in your mind.yours have only 1xPCIe 3.0 and 2xUSB 3.0 this one i said has 2xPCIe 3.0( 16/0 or 8/8 ) 4xUSB 3.0 the only advantage yours have is that it has 6xSATA 6.0gb ports while the one i said has 2xSATA 6.0gb which doesn't matter much since you have only 1 H.D.D and later you can add one more.about RAM go for G.Skill Ripjaws much better quality than Kingston and their prices are great compared to even Corsair.H.D.D WD is good but Green models are for storage they are designed to work with low power lower speed and less noise compared to WD Black which are for O.S much faster than green units.WD black 1tb is 20$ more expensive than the one you want to pick.the rest of your parts are fine.conclusion: 50$+20$+10$+20$ =100$=75.5 euros.i suggest you to pay 100$ more and have a great gaming system and it would be much easier to do video recording and editing.r you can go with your own system if you can't pay that 100$ more...
    • HKILLER888 wrote:

Dzoniopusten wrote:

Well honestly i would pick my gear from newegg and order it from it.
      Newegg is USA only.

the parts you have chosen are good but if you add a bit more money you can buy better stuff why gtx 660 when gtx 760 is 50$ more expensive but it has 20% better performance and i would go with Zotac 760 AMP! edition.and even if not 760 pick Zotac 660 AMP! edition.or you can choose from EVGA which have been partners with Nvidia for Many years.Asus makes good mother boards not good graphic cards.are you sure you want to go with i5 4430?i5 3570K is only 20$ more expensive about 20-30% better and it's much more over clock friendly.so if you picked a i5-3570K pick an Asus P8Z77-V LK about 10$ more expensive.it's a great mother board even compared to the one you had in your mind.yours have only 1xPCIe 3.0 and 2xUSB 3.0 this one i said has 2xPCIe 3.0( 16/0 or 8/8 ) 4xUSB 3.0 the only advantage yours have is that it has 6xSATA 6.0gb ports while the one i said has 2xSATA 6.0gb which doesn't matter much since you have only 1 H.D.D and later you can add one more.about RAM go for G.Skill Ripjaws much better quality than Kingston and their prices are great compared to even Corsair.H.D.D WD is good but Green models are for storage they are designed to work with low power lower speed and less noise compared to WD Black which are for O.S much faster than green units.WD black 1tb is 20$ more expensive than the one you want to pick.the rest of your parts are fine.conclusion: 50$+20$+10$+20$ =100$=75.5 euros.i suggest you to pay 100$ more and have a great gaming system and it would be much easier to do video recording and editing.r you can go with your own system if you can't pay that 100$ more...

Thanks a LOT about that information! :) I can maybe try to go for that, I just need to wait a little more (Patience, right? :D)
      Also, I was thinking that I want to make my PC better with upgrading some parts in the future. Which parts would be easiest to upgrade? :) (I mean that I dont need to change all parts in the future, just some of them)

BIG thanks to everyone! YOU GUYS ARE GREAT! :) :thumbsup:
    • Quoted from "FTR"

SkillKill40 wrote:

that motherboard in my opinion is too expensive and it isn't worthy and that image don't correspond to the specifications that are writen below.

With this, do you mean my own thoughts about equipment or their choice of equipment?
      And thanks a lot! These answers really help me out!
      Also, do you thing that their equipments are worth of my money?
      i mean their choice of equipment

those equipments are not worth your money, and the shop is very untrusty just because of that image may be a mistake but is a huge mistake it is cheating the costumers.you should search for another shop to buy the parts.
      You can buy a better GPU for that price and don't waste money on sound card if you have a 8ch audio motherboard you don't need a external sound card the intern is good enough for you.
      So buy a GTX 760 and forget the sound card, the GPU is a little expensive, oh yeah you could buy cheaper motherboards as well.

See my channel if you speak English, ignore the other language videos
      youtube.com/FTRGameplays
    • FTR wrote:

Quoted from "FTR"

those equipments are not worth your money, and the shop is very untrusty just because of that image may be a mistake but is a huge mistake it is cheating the costumers.you should search for another shop to buy the parts.
      You can buy a better GPU for that price and don't waste money on sound card if you have a 8ch audio motherboard you don't need a external sound card the intern is good enough for you.
      So buy a GTX 760 and forget the sound card, the GPU is a little expensive, oh yeah you could buy cheaper motherboards as well.

Well the shop is just fine, they are company that is known and trusted in Finland. Everyone makes mistakes. :)
      And I think im going to save my money a little bit more, just to get even better PC. But thanks for this info, once again! :)
      :thumbsup:
    • SkillKill40 wrote:

Thanks a LOT about that information! :) I can maybe try to go for that, I just need to wait a little more (Patience, right? :D)
      Also, I was thinking that I want to make my PC better with upgrading some parts in the future. Which parts would be easiest to upgrade? :) (I mean that I dont need to change all parts in the future, just some of them)

BIG thanks to everyone! YOU GUYS ARE GREAT! :) :thumbsup:
      mother board doesn't worth upgrading cuz they are only different in number of ports or slots or other unnecessary stuff.unless you want to try another generation of CPU like Haswell. i think Haswell not worth it.at best it's 10% better than Ivy bridge but the prices are just stupidly high for 10%.CPU doesn't need upgrade either.if you buy an i5 3570K you won't need to upgrade it at all.it's good enough for gaming and even in most intense situations it would be working with less than 50% unless you open like 7 games at the same time it would get 90% or 100%. RAM is easy to upgrade usually mother boards have 4 RAM slot so you can add 2 more RAMs which is fine but you won't be needing anymore than 16Gb (that would be for when you are doing some thing really intense)unless you want to buy a RAM with higher frequency like a 2133 RAM which makes you system work slightly faster.then graphic card which personally i think you shouldn't upgrade this card until 3 or 4 years when 4K monitors would be common.yes then you should try to use a GTX 800 or 900 by that time.as for now 700 series do a great job for gaming on Full HD.right now GTX 760 OC (the Zotac one that i mentioned) will give you atleast 31 FPS and at most 61 FPS in Crysis 3 on 1920x1080 with maximum detail and FXAA.next would be H.D.D which you can upgrade just like RAM you just install it and that's it.which if you don't have stuff to store you won't need one.and as you upgrade the total power draw increases.for example if you upgrade to a GTX 780 you would need atleast a 650W power supply.personally i think you won't need to upgrade this for next 4 or 5 years and even if you want to just upgrade RAM and Graphics...