Schuld [RPG MAKER HORROR]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Schuld [RPG MAKER HORROR]

Schuld (which means Guilty) is a free psychological horror game of German origins created by Kelven. Just like Ib and Ao Oni, this game was created with RPG Maker and contains a surreal, intense atmosphere that is less scary and more spine-chilling than in the aforementioned games.

The game world manages to have a Silent Hill 2 vibe to it, seeing that the main character is a man that arrives in a place without any memory of why he needed to go there and the feeling that it looks familiar. Packing just a book entirely blank except for a page with the seven deadly sins, this man has to explore the surroundings and discover what’s going on.

And it’s not pretty. In the first minutes you’ll find a river of money and discover that even if you’re rich, money has completely lost its value. The next shock will be even more horrifying and put a little more sense to this dying, rotting world.

Schuld has a pervasive atmosphere and some nice puzzles, as well as a few action sequences. It’s completely linear and won’t take more than an hour or two to complete, but it manages to get under your skin and make you feel like this horrible world won’t one day be the one we’re living in. Recommended for fans of horror games that aren’t frequently throwing jump scares at you.

(How to play: Extract the RAR download and click on the application that says "RPG_RT " (the one with the sword icon) and enjoy)

GAMEPLAY

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ebenezer Scrooge ().

• Komachi Onozuka wrote:

The game world manages to have a Silent Hill 2 vibe to it, seeing that the main character is a man that arrives in a place without any memory of why he needed to go there and the feeling that it looks familiar.

That doesn't remind me at all of Silent Hill 2. Why have them in the same sentence?

colonel, we managed to avoid drowning!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gonzo Mason ().

• Gonzo Mason wrote:

Komachi Onozuka wrote:

The game world manages to have a Silent Hill 2 vibe to it, seeing that the main character is a man that arrives in a place without any memory of why he needed to go there and the feeling that it looks familiar.

That doesn't remind me at all of Silent Hill 2. Why have them in the same sentence?

How could it not remind you of silent hill? When I played 1 and 2 I had not idea what was going on, but along the way, things started adding up. Besides, I didn't write the description,I copied and Pasted it, lel

• Komachi Onozuka wrote:

How could it not remind you of silent hill? When I played 1 and 2 I had not idea what was going on, but along the way, things started adding up. Besides, I didn't write the description,I copied and Pasted it, lel

Ah. But still. In Silent Hill 2, James completely knows the town, and he knows why he's there right at the start. He goes there to look for his dead wife. Don't you remember?

Anyway, I saw Cry play this game before. The plot was really confusing and the ending just basically came out of left field. Like, what the hell was that? However, I loved the gameplay and the atmosphere.

colonel, we managed to avoid drowning!