Recommended Technology for starting youtubers/Growing youtubers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Recommended Technology for starting youtubers/Growing youtubers

Hey guys, Dark Scarab here i decided to do this thread due to the fact there isn't really one here to put all recommended gear in one place for youtubers to help people what they are looking for.

the idea is if you got a piece of gear you recommend for youtubers post it below and i will add it to the list on this main thread for easy searching! also please provide links for the cheapest place you can find that is legit!

im going to start it off simple with a few bits i use and use to use. (keep in mind software is also wanted so post them on here and make sure it's affordable and not just oh you can pirate it! cause that doesn't help the people who made the software)

if i missed anything please tell me!

Please contribute to this so we can help others find good deals with out spending to much money.

Microphones/Headsets:

Creative-Fatal1ty-Detachable-Noise-Cancelling-Microphone:

This headset is great for beginners as it's cheap and good quality to start out with tho i never recorded with it many my friends liked it due to the clear sound and microphone.

Creative Fatal1ty Headset

Samson C01u:
      This microphone is for growing youtubers the quality is superb i use it on my videos so does pewdie so check the videos to see how good it is, make sure you get a pop filter for it tho as it does pick up those p's b's and s's the price is high but if you find your self wanting much better quality sound for your videos this is a great way to go it does have other packs so i will post the link of them below.

Stand alone microphone
      Microphone bundle
      Podcast Kit

Software:

Fraps:

Fraps is a great recording software for your PC only problem is it's incredibly large file size while recording and you need a decent PC so it doesn't lag while you record you can only buy it from their website it's in the same price range as the creative fatal1ty headset above.

fraps.com/

Bandicam:

Bandicam is a great replacement to fraps, it comes with more features and is updated with new features every now and then. you can tell it to split the audio from the game and your microphone for easier editing or you can combine them into one file. a bit more expensive than fraps but in my opinion way better as it also compresses the files to make them smaller, making it easier to render and upload!.

bandicam.com/uk/

Webcams:

logitech c920: (Submitted by Bongono93)

Its a great webcam and does most of the rendering inside the webcam itself so it uses a lot less of your CPU then most webcams do.
      If you want to see how high end it is just check it out on my channel. I use it for all over my videos

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Widescree…0+hd+pro+webcam

TV Capture cards/Devices :

Blackmagic Intensity pro: (Submitted by Tms)

if you want really good quality out of your console games.

Its the easiest internal capture card to plug in and start recording with.
      Espesially if you live in europe you dont have to do the hazzle with dazzle of trying to record in NTSC instead of PAL or so.

You just hook your console with HDMI or Compoment (RGB) cable to capture card and then hook the HDMI from the capture card output to your screen or tv.
      You can play games without delay without watching a small preview screen on the recording software.

blackmagicdesign.com/uk/products/intensity/

Camcorders:

youtube.com/user/TRigden0

Please check my channel out ^ ^ ^ any feedback would be greatly appreciated !!!
      50 SUBS ALMOST REACHED!

The post was edited 2 times, last by Darkscarab ().

• For capture card I'd recommend Blackmagic Intensity pro if you want really good quality out of your console games.
      Its the easiest internal capture card to plug in and start recording with.
      Espesially if you live in europe you dont have to do the hazzle with dazzle of trying to record in NTSC instead of PAL or so.

You just hook your console with HDMI or Compoment (RGB) cable to capture card and then hook the HDMI from the capture card output to your screen or tv.
      You can play games without delay without watching a small preview screen on the recording software.