I want to say something about my generation...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• I want to say something about my generation...

Hello,

My name is Ahmed and i'm 13 years old.
    (if you wonder why this name doesn't sound Dutch ,it is because my parents are from Arabic origins)

I am noticing that these past months there are a lot of people about the same age as me subscribing to Pewdiepie.
    i normally wouldn't have a problem with that but it seems like a lot of them are not very smart and i am very tired of this because it is not only here in the bro-army but everywhere.

It is a shame of how my generation is and want i want to clarify that i am not posting this because "then i will look smart."
    No, it is because i am also kind of put in that "group" of teenagers with barely any common knowledge.
    I also don't have a lot of friends because i am "that different guy" or "nerd" for my class, i am actually proud of this because i would be ashamed as a parent to have a kid that says things like: "YOLO SWAG GUYS LOOK AT MY NEW IPHONE ITS BETTER THAN ANDROID CUZ ITS APPLE GUYS" don't get me wrong, not all of "us" are like that ( Thank god...)

In my class some people do not even know that the sun is a lot bigger than the earth , half of them thought it was about 2 or 3 times the size of earth (Yes i have asked it in real life) and it is just a shame.

EDIT: i forgot to say that people of my age are doing things totally not appropriate like doing drugs, drink alcohol or even have sex.
    i know teens have hormones and a difficult period in their lives most times (not everybody) but that is just to far, i mean smoking can take away about 11 minutes of your live per cigarette, i am not sure if it is true, but we already know and it is scientifically proven to be dangerous and so are drugs if not used in a normal way. What i mean by the normal way is for people with medical problems. Sex may have health benefits, but at a younger age it is not smart due to the fact you probably wont know to much about it and could easily and with live-threatening diseases. Or the girl can be pregnant while you and her are about 15 years old which seriously can threaten her life socially, emotionally or even physical pain. And so can the boy get stressed out by the situation and have some social or emotional problems with his life.
    And still, with all these risks, people of my age do these things because they only want to become popular and seek attention.
    (Thanks to Pretador for reminding me about this problem)

Now about the bro-army, I love Pewdiepie but i am aware that Felix is always not fun to everyone because you cannot entertain everyone at the same time. While some people are just blind and are like : "It is made by Pewds now it is awesome and must like it and if anyone does not like it even if he gives some normal criticism i must reply and hate him."
    I am now sick and tired of that! People need to be aware of what they actually are doing and watching, not that every person is like that but still a lot are.

Also , i noticed that people are demanding to much from Felix and give negative feedback if he does something different than usual.
    My thoughts are that people should give it a try and not directly hate it, because this way he can sometimes attract other people who are more fond of games like Cat Lady or other games that he stopped playing because of a lot of people saying they did not like it due being a slow-paced game. Let Felix give it a try and if it just does not fit than give some normal criticism and not like : "WTF PEWDS THIS GAME IS SOOO BORING GTFO WITH IT I HATE YOU NOW"

And please, again do not think i am a idiot , i am NOT acting like this so people think i am mature.
    Why believe me? Well, because i just wanted to share my thoughts and opinions about this generation, Felix , the Bro-army and get a bit relieved because of sharing this

Thank you for reading and for your time. Please comment about this thread i made, criticism is always accepted and peace.

PS: I know not all teenagers have a low level of intelligence, but it seems a lot are these days.

I apologize for any grammar and/or spelling mistakes i made.
    i'm not a natural English speaker

Click here to see my channel!

Support if you like and PEACE!

The post was edited 2 times, last by ADutchGuy ().

• I think that the 21'th century is the century to feature the most lack of discipline and the way of living changes dramatically. Most people these days would look upon intelligent people as weird. I suppose inspiring children to get into different things rather than drugs, partying and alcohol would help. If we want our children to live in a good world we have to step it up, inhaling alcohol won't get us any further and we'll probably be extinct within the next 200 years. But from most peoples standpoint about this today I guess it would be "Who cares, we're dead by then." it's pity. :/ Hopefully things will work out. :3
    Smile More, www.epicfail.com !
  • Ahmed, You are a well spoken 13 year old.

It is crazy at how some people you age are just so ill minded.
    I mean, that's where all the hate comes from when someone plays a game that PewDiePie plays.
    I personally do think it is lack of discipline. They get what they want when they want.

It is also true with what Pretador said "Most people these days would look upon intelligent people as weird"
    I mean, people post them meme photos on facebook, and it's generally something with #swag or #yolo.
    It really gets at me.

Personally, I feel that the people who deserve to be noticed don't.

But for Felix, he is stuck, caved in by all the fans that want the same out of him.
    There are many thread explaining it so I won't go on much further.

-Off for a swim-
    Check out my videos. -> youtube.com/ToxicCallum

Hi-5 (n.n)/*\(n.n)
  • I thank you all for believing me, because on other forums they would not believe this kind of post actually (thats how screwed up our generation is)

And about the drugs, sex and partying. It is a shame to know you are right, some people at my school i know have lost their virginity since they are about 14 years old or are already addicted to drugs and alcohol or sometimes even sex. I think i am gonna edit and post that with it because right now i am on my mobile and it is annoying to do that here

• ADutchGuy wrote:

I thank you all for believing me, because on other forums they would not believe this kind of post actually (thats how screwed up our generation is)

And about the drugs, sex and partying. It is a shame to know you are right, some people at my school i know have lost their virginity since they are about 14 years old or are already addicted to drugs and alcohol or sometimes even sex. I think i am gonna edit and post that with it because right now i am on my mobile and it is annoying to do that here
    Hm i guess, idk how to put it all though? but good
  • well interesting thoughts...i see a bit of myself in you but i certainly don't advise you to end up as a loner like me ( I'm fine with it ).I had the same stuff with my own generation and people around me...so i ended up with very few friends...I'm not saying to go and blend in with others but atleast try to change em.if not possible,go find more people like yourself (which i did neither of em)...about Felix or Pewdiepie if you prefer,i don't say I'm crazy about him but i like some of his videos but even the ones that doesn't turn out to be as good as i thought don't get dislikes.cuz normally i think to myself : if i don't like it doesn't mean it's bad!but i think he getting dislikes and mixed up opinions is his own fault a bit( angry fans incoming )cuz he let his fans grow out of control alittle.now he got fans from 12 to nearly 25 and that's problematic.because what a 12 years old finds to be funny seems retarded to a 22 years old fan and the opposite.like when he played Eternally Us he got a very mixed result in comparison to his Happy Wheels videos...as far as i remember the only videos of his i disliked were his Harlem Shake video( cuz it was extremely ridicules and embarrassing and it wasn't funny at all.for a second he seemed a lot like JB.not to mention it's one his most popular videos ) and one of his recent "Fridays with Pewdiepie" ( like 2 months ago i think...where he did everything he was asked by his fans including wearing high heels of his girl friend...to me that was really unnecessary to do,ridicules,embarrassing and at some point stupid) i liked his QnA videos or those where he used Omegle ( i guess ) to chat randomly with some of his fans...those were good.some of his fans creep me out,like they know everything about him..his address,his personal email,his whole family,and etc....they show up sometimes asking for meet ups or auto graphs and stuff like that...extremely creepy.but any how we will see how he will deal with it later on...

The post was edited 1 time, last by HKILLER888 ().

• Always a good day to see an educated souls on the realm of the damned. And yes, as ahmed and pretador mentioned. we lived in a world when a less intelligent being is categorized as cool and popular and all. And most will goes "Omgee, science is so laaast yeaar you nerds" to the others. And it's quite disheartening to see, really. Especially for the fact that most underage always looks up to be someone popular rather than being someone useful AND thinks that using stuff that aren't for their age is going to make them Popular to the ladies and stuff. That being said, you're one of those handfuls who could see the differences between what is good and bad. Which one will gets you into trouble and which one won't. And that makes me plead to humanity to spread someone like you like a forest fire throughout the world.

And yes, Felix's problematic position to the fans that love his oldies and the one that wanted the same damn thing is discussed quite alot recently.

If you're angry, don't break anybody's heart, they only have one..... Break their bones, they have 206 of them
  • HKILLER888, thanks for the advice, i have like about 10 friends but only like 3 them are simalar to me , the other ones are people with a nice personality which i appreciate much. And yes you are right about the fact that younger people have a different kind of humour than someone from about 22years old which is why he kinda is trapped and has to chose.
    But he will most likely go for something that the younger audience likes and i understand that because there are more persons in that category

• I totally agree.

It's sad having really good games thrown in the trash because people think it's "too slow" or "boring."

I think people should have a bit of input on what games Pewdie plays, but not to interfere if he enjoys it and makes more than a few episodes.

I guess people don't take change very well. uvu
  • I know that not everybody on the internet can be mature but what i meant is that there are a lot of people around my age with a low level of intelligence, like when having a normal discussion about which computer someone should buy. I once had this dicussion with a person and he wanted a Mac, my opinion was that Mac's are great systems but have a high price tag. When i replied: Maybe you could customize your own PC on a website i know and they will put it together for you for a reletavitly cheap price. And you know what his argument was? He said: "Hahaha totally not, mac is much better because it is made by apple." While this person has no knowledge about computers, he did not know what a processor was or a RAM etc.
    I do not have a problem with macs or that you do not know the technical specs, but if someone gives you advice because you don't know a lot about it, think abput it and dont directly anser and when you are in a discussion atleast have valid arguments.

And some people do care about the bro army because we influence Felix a lot, so when you still want to be entertained by Felix than you probably should care about the bro army because we almost decide what is going to be next. (Which is also something stupid as mentioned before, but we cant stop it anymore.)

Sorry for typos, posting this through mobile

• Welcome to modern society, my friend, where natural selection has no effect on the weak nor the strong.
    I might sound a little bit rough right now, but modern society doesn't give two cups of pee about what's good for humankind. Historically, it's always been the strongest survive and the weak perish, but now with technology, society says otherwise. It doesn't matter it you care about being a better, smarter, or wiser individual. It's a rough reality, but it's modern society. With our expanding technology, living becomes much easier as things become more automated. Technology is headed in a direction where knowledge is not needed.

Don't get me wrong here, it wasn't always like that. Up until the past few decades, technology led to a more educated population. It also required that you knew what you were doing in life. But as of late, technology has passed the point where the youth don't need to be as smart as the previous generations needed to be. I'm sure the average kid these days can't do 10 push-ups, even though it was mandatory in earlier generations during grade school. We've evolved past the point where if you were below average, you aren't punished for it.

That's the thing about the evolution of technology. In previous generations, you had to memorize entire charts and tables for university courses. These days, they're handed to you because it's easily accessed. It's so frustrating that something so brilliant makes the population so dumb.

These days, there's no motivation to excel at anything. There's no motivation to do well in school; as long as you get over 50%, you can graduate. There's no motivation to do well in sports; people are too lazy. There's no motivation to do the right thing; the justice system in modern society is too lenient. During Ancient Roman Ages, even stealing bread meant a death sentence.

There are only a select few people in these recent generations that actually have some form of motivation to do well and do right in this world. It's just a shame that we're severely outnumbered. We're stereotyped into a majority that shares no traits with us except for age.

Welcome to modern society.
  • OK. I really understand what you mean, but..I'm not a good speaker, not like you. I'm amazed and proud with you Ahmed, a very intellegent 13 years old, someone that is very rare to find in this modern generation.

That's what I feel too, that's why I prefer to be a loner. It's beecause I'm "naturally" shy and because I'm the "different" person like you. Technology advancement, mass media, and the internet has "poisoned" their mind. OK, I don't hate internet, because I'm a NEET myself.
    They think that intellegent people are boring and un intellegent / less intellegent person is cool and fun. They live life like there's no tomorrow. "Fuck rules, fuck moral, I don't care, as long as I'm happy, than I'm doing the right thing". They'll do everything, I mean EVERYTHING to make themselves happy and popular even if it's worng.

I'm agree with Beeckusu, right now, there's no motivation to almost everything. People can achieve something easily without a lot of effort. In the past decades, technology is used to make people smarter, but now..technology make people lazy and ignorant. Sometimes, I just laugh on how stupid the kids nowaday are, easily get butthurt / offended and very disrespectful.

A: F*ck this band, they suck.
    B: Shut up you f*g, you're a moron, your taste of music sucks, go to hell.

And the flame war begins..

This is just the example on how stupid they are, wasting time and energy for something unworthy.
    They got butthurt when someone has different taste of something. they got butthurt when something change , but they got butthurt too when somethingg doesn't change at all.

Sometimes, I'm worried too, because many of the elementary school students already knows the words like: Fuck, shit, penis, etc, and when they're angry the kids will shout it out loud (it sometimes happens in my school). I even saw a 7th Grade student who already somke like a boss, in front of me! Like, he's doing the right thing, he even give me one..but i deny it. No, I didn't smoke and never will.

But, we can just blame the kids, the one who is responsible for this is their parents. The parents really pamper their kids, they think that internet and mass mmedia is safe for kids, so they let their kids "go wild" with the internet, with the technology they give to their childern. And, in the end..they grow up with a "morally bad" personality.

Note: LOL, I forgot to say this, when I read your post about that iPhone and Android,
    Man, I swear I'll do this:
    A: Look I have an iPhone!
    B: Then what, you want a medal or something?

Formerly: Raven

YouTube Twitter Steam

The post was edited 2 times, last by Yukari Yakumo ().

• Ahmed, I really like your thoughts on this. I'm only 14 myself, and I'm pretty ashamed of the people in my class as well. I had a falling-out with one of my best guy friends from a few years back, and now he's on drugs. I don't know what happened in the year or two... but I wish things were different. And a girl at my school actually got pregnant last year! I was shocked when I found out. I'm always disgusted to hear about what the slutty girls are doing with the slutty guys, but everybody gossips so much, it's hard to escape it all.

I wouldn't say that I'm a loner, but I'm not exactly out-going, either. I hope that you find more people like you who can relate to your view on our modern society.
  • An Interesting Boy

Ahmed , it's very interesting that a boy of your age can talk about this things.
    I'm glad ... that you talked about this sort of stuff that many pepole don't care .
    I feel the same thing... sometimes ... The world had change , and the pepoles too ... And not all the pepole changed in something good . But with the actions , like you did now , maybe they can change a little bit the future .

"Oh look at the time ... IT'S ANIME TIME"
  • Hmmm, intresting yukaru. The parents are the ones responsible mostly but i remember knowing those kind of words too when i was about 7years old because i heard them a few times and asked my brother what they meant. He answerd honest but i always was thought by my brother to NEVER use them . And because at that moment of life, you will feel like everyone bigger than you is an good example for how you should be. So i didnt use them.

However, my parents also let me "go wild" with technology, gaming and internet because i am really fond of that stuff and i also love astronomy, and internet can be used greatly to your advantage if you love astronomy (fun facts, educ vid, applications etc.)

I think the difference between me, and a lot of other teens is that my personality and way of thinking is just way different and i just cannot or even will not change that for another because in my opinion people should like you for who you are and not what you changed about yourself.