The Golden Age: Chronicles of Mythrian

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• The Golden Age: Chronicles of Mythrian

Mythrian... Often known as the Lost lands. It has been devoid of life for decades, caused by an unseen force wiping away it's people without a trace. This force has been Nick-named "The Change" by the very few to survive it.
      At it's best, Mythrian is a harsh yet beautiful place, dotted by lush, elven forests, expansive jungles, and even islands that float in the sky. At it's worst, it is a barren and lifeless wasteland due to the change.

But it is not it's scenery alone that makes Mythrian unique. No, it is it's main form of travel. So long as you can remember a location and are actively thinking of it, you can travel there and arrive in times ranging from a few hours, to mere minutes depending on how clearly you remember it.

Whether you are newcomers, or the next generation of those who have survived the Change, it matters not, the golden age of myth has already begun.

Guidelines, rules, and things to remember:

1. No god-modding. You are not a god, nor can you dodge/block every attack in existence.

2. Write as if it's a book, And try have more than one sentence a post.

3. One post at a time, please.

4. Tech level varies, one area could be medieval, the other a wild west level of tech. Fire-arms are allowed as starting weapons, but you shouldn't rely on them too much. [Bullets cost money, after all.]

5: Gold coins are referred to as "Drakes", and are used in most civilizations.

6. There's a plot. But until I unearth it, go crazy.

7. If there's zombies, they can't infect. This isn't an apocalypse... Yet...

8. Have fun. That's required.

Magic VS Tech

You cannot be a sorcerer that wields guns. The gun would blow up in your face or fire prematurely into the holy mother of all weak spots.
      Magic has an adverse affect against anything too technologically advanced, such as guns for example. An incredibly powerful sorcerer [Not you] can blow up guns and engines by straying too close.
      vice-versa, Engines and other technological marvels can potentially ruin that same sorcerer's magical prowess when in their presence.

There are exceptions, but those are rare.

Suggested Sheet:

Appearance: Pics are preferable, but a description is fine, too.
      Name/Alias: If I see "Mary Sue, the Goddess of all", I will cry.
      Race: All are allowed, provided they aren't god-like. (Also, furry people are allowed.)
      Power/Magic: Four maximum, and don't overdo it.
      Skills: Not extraordinary, but useful nonetheless. Seven maximum. [Misc/joke skills don't count towards that limit.]
      Equipment/Items:
      Personality: Required, three words minimum.
      Theme: Fully optional. [But fun. ^_^]

Misc: Anything else?

My sheet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Appearance:

Name: Kor Tristam
      Race: Demon
      Power/Magic: Flame Magic, Demon's Strength, Demonic Vitality, Flame Immunity.
      Skills: Expert swordsman, Acrobat, Brawler, Herbalist, Pick-pocket, Master of stuffing face full of delicious food.
      Equipment/Items: Broadsword. Apparel seen in appearance, the bracers can be used to deflect attacks. A medium-sized pouch, where he keeps his trinkets and valuables.
      Personality: Arrogant, Overconfident, and Short-tempered, yet is friendly to those who are friendly in return.
      Theme: "I'll be the strongest warrior this world has ever seen!"

Misc: Has a tendency to kick things that annoy him. Due to Tristam's strength and the small spikes on his shoes, getting kicked by him is painful.
      Loves a decent meal. Hates being treated like a child.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will start once I have caught the attention of at least three two others.

You know, most people call me insane...
      That's what happens when I try to reason with people, they don't like it, and I eventually end up turning them to charcoal in the end...

Why are you looking at me like that?

Despite popular belief, I did not draw the avatar I'm using. I can't draw.

The post was edited 11 times, last by stryder221 ().

• Appearance:

Name/Alias: Thani Excalibur
      Race: Human
      Power/Magic: Can sense other people's presences, a shield of pure energy, near perfect balance.
      Skills: Expert swordswoman, good instincts, flexible, seducing men so they let their guards down, athletic.
      Equipment/Items: Her sword, a small pouch of Drakes, a knife in a special sheath that goes in her cleavage, her necklace.
      Personality: Stubborn, determined, tough, noble, untrusting, loyal, affectionate, honest, brave, protective, motherly.
      Theme: Fight by Icon For Hire

Misc: Has absolutely no sense of direction, dislikes technology.
      I'm a fan of Pewdiepie AND UberHaxorNova. Got a problem with it?