Help on Transferring

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Help on Transferring

So I am an incoming Grade 8 and I want some bros to help me on how to adapt easily to the new school environment and how I can be a better student.I transferred school because I have some studying problems because of my annoying Math teacher so could you help me bros??? :| I hope you guys are friendly....

• I haven't been that good in ~adapting to the new school environment~ myself but as for being a better student, just pay attention in class and always take notes. When you're home, take an hour (more or less, up to you) to just study and review. Don't browse the internet while you're doing that, yeah? When tests are coming up start studying at least a week before. Oh and um, have separate notebooks for each subject. For one semester i had everything in one notebook and god, it was a mess . _ .;;;

Anyway, good luck!
    • Oh my god, you Pinoy Bros/Sis' back at Philippines are so organized, me being westernized here as a Filipino in the UK, I dont study at home....at all ._.

Dear god, im SO ashamed xD But yeah, everything Pencey Said should probably be done for a good time in the semester. Oh, and what was your problem with the math teacher, Mechanical Android? (I see by your avatar you are an Golden Sun Fan too...:P *Brofist* to that)

Nawa'y pagpalain ka ng Diyos!

• Revolver Ocelot wrote:

Oh my god, you Pinoy Bros/Sis' back at Philippines are so organized, me being westernized here as a Filipino in the UK, I dont study at home....at all ._.

Ah well actually i know more people here who don't study seriously so don't feel bad, haha! It's not even that big of a deal if we have to repeat and take summer classes (where i'm studying anyway). In my case I just work a bit harder cause my tuition's expensive and i don't want my mom to feel like she's wasting money.
    • Oh, a Pinoy! Well try to make friends so you won't be alone.If any problems happen in your school life, tell someone like a teacher or better your parents.Study hard, don't put too much stress though. Try to improve in a subject you have a hard time at, atleast score something like 5/10. DON'T PANIC IN AN EXAM! Relax ka lang, think of it like "Oh it's just another long quiz but I need to do really well in this quiz". Sana makatulong ako!

Credits goes to : Oneiros1987, watch her in dA or look at her awesome works.
    • Revolver Ocelot wrote:

Oh my god, you Pinoy Bros/Sis' back at Philippines are so organized, me being westernized here as a Filipino in the UK, I dont study at home....at all ._.

It's cool, that makes 2 of us... I mean, I still have to study at home since my course is home based, but then laziness is a mans worst enemy...

In terms of adjusting? Hmm I'd say practice being passively aware of things when it comes to school. This means you can notice things even without trying to. I practiced this when I went to do my home based course because I know that I would forget that I even do home study. It's basically the same all around, if you take notice to things such as homework, or taking class notes, its best you are passively aware of it because being passively aware means you're also prepared.

Take for example, exams. They tell you you have an exam, if you were passively aware of that factor, you would instantly take note of it rather than just sitting there and blanking out. Even if you have good memory, it's best to just do it instantly so in case of situations when you do forget, you are prepared. Basically what will happen is you won't think, you will just do it.

"When life gives you bullets... ME! CORMANO!"
      Visit meh on deviantART and see all my horrible art stuff
      ChronoPinoyX deviantART
    • When you are studying make sure to take breaks. Your mind will absorb information better if you allow it time. For every 40 to 50 minutes of studying take a 5 to 10 minute break. Stretch your legs, get a little blood flow by exercising or by watching something small to energize you for the next 50 minutes.

As to adjusting to a new school. I would have a cheat sheet. A map or something along those lines. Also you could try and make a daily routine of where to go until you feel more comfortable with the new school.