I need a Gaming/editing pc!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• I need a Gaming/editing pc!

Hi guys,

I am going to build a computer my self but I have some questions(my budget is €750 (NL)):

- Will a GTX650 Ti be good enough while recording with fraps?
      - In this budget build what would be better for playing games and video-editting:

- FX-8350 with GTX650 Ti 2GB
      - i5 3570k with GTX650 Ti 2GB
      - FX-6300 with Radeon HD 7870 or GTX 660 (Ti)

Thanks ^^
    • As far as I've understood, a bunch of RAMs is important when it comes to videoediting. Personally i got 16 GB, and I'll have additional 16 GB installed within reasonable time.

My computer is equipped with a 590 GTX, and I don't know anything (as I haven't tried it) about the 600-series, but I can only imagine, that the 600-series would perform better than mine, at least when it comes to video/picture editing. Also go with a strong processor, as video editing usually requires a lot of data to be processed.

My personal preference is Nvidia and Intel - So I'd go with the i5 3570k with GTX650 Ti 2GB, but that is just because i'm a fanboy :whistling:

I hope there is people out there, to give you a more qualified answer than I just did, but I figured an answer would be better than none :)

Good luck!
      It's not about the caliber of the gun, but of the man behind
    • Don't go with an AMD CPU. I'm not a fanboy, it's just they benchmark and and perform lower than Intel CPUs. Now, video editing and gaming actually require different hardware to be done at their best. For example, for gaming, an i5 would be great because games don't use many threads. But for editing you'd want an i7 because they hyperthread, and you really need that for editing.

An nVidia GPU would tend to perform better in games than its AMD counterpart, but AMD cards have more compute power and so are sometimes better for editing.
      The best GPU for editing would be an editing specific GPU like the nVidia Quadro series, but they're damn expensive.

All in all, you cannot get a PC that will be amazing at both editing and gaming, but you can build a jack of all trades.

Go with a GTX card (the best one you can afford) and the best i5 or the worst i7.

That should be fine with about 8-16GB of RAM.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Fawkes: Spelling ().

• well if you are looking for editing and gaming, first thing you do is to select a graphics card.
      Select a GPU nvidia gtx660+ (i would go) something that has 768++ cuda cores. And as for Cpu, after all the benchmarks I saw with the 8 core of the amd FX-8350 and Intel i7 cores, is that i7 scores a little bit more than the amd but more money so I would go with the amd just to save some money and wouldn't care for like 30 secs difference. As for the ram 16 gig is good at 1866mhz
    • Umm sorry? 7870 less performance then a GTX 650? Is this a joke? 7870 is 660-660 ti level of performance while the 7950 is 670 lvl of preformance and 7970 roflstomps over gtx 680 at higher resolutions while the GTX770 has a bit of a performance gain over 7970 its still not good enough in my opinion.. If you look at a Nvidia side,go for something like a 760GTx which is a equivalent to a 660ti or if you look at the Radeon side 7870(For 190 bucks ... that's dirt cheap on Newegg). Or go for a 7950 for 250 Bucks which is also a rip off for AMD considering how much performance you get once you overclock that bitch.
      "Crush,kill,destroy. Burn it in the name of the emperor."-Space Marines.
    • Let me copy this from another site, if it pleases everyone. I think this is a good guide. This is guide for gaming computer, but you'll need pretty much the same things for video recording.

Gaming computers should have a high-end graphics cards, processors and lots of RAM which are required to enhance the gaming experience. When considering a gaming computer you should carefully evaluate the following:

* Processor - A fast CPU, or processor, will prevent lags in large or complex games like first person shooters or MMORPGs (massively multi-player online role-playing games). Some systems have dual and quad-core processors for extreme gaming.
      Intel Core i5 or i7 if you wanna spend more.
      * Memory - A large memory allows the computer to quickly access frequently used information or programs. This is critical for gaming. A gaming PC should have between two and eight GB of RAM memory and a sufficient hard drive.
      4gb of dual channel ram
      * Video/Audio - A game is only as good as the graphics card supporting it. Many games have life-like, real-time images that require a high-end graphics card. Most computer manufacturers allow you to upgrade your graphics card. The sound should be a clear as the image.
      ATI 5870 or GTX 480 are max cards ATM. (480 comes out next week)
      * I/O Device - Some computers come with various peripherals including a mouse, keyboard, speakers and a monitor while others don't. This may or may not be important depending on the buyer. Additionally, some gaming systems come with uniquely designed towers with sleek cases and neon lights.

Also the PC should include:

*HDD - A quick one so that the game can read from the computer quicker etc. ATM namely an SSD or a 1000rpm HDD

* Motherboard - for a major gamer most of the time not 100% of the time overclocking the graphics card, ram and CPU is done for an even better gaming experience and the BIOS of certain motherboards let us do this so get the right one.

*Cooling - If gaming and if you do overclock then a better CPU cooler will be needed as well as better case etc.

The post was edited 1 time, last by zeta ().

• If you are going to be doing any type of video editing you should always go intel. It has shown to be better for they type of thing time and time again. I also really enjoy the 650 ti I have been using it sense it came out and it has not had any issues yet. I would say your best bet is to go with the i5 3570k with GTX650 Ti 2GB. However dont go lower then i5.
      Join the Bongo Crew today by clicking > here <
    • What I would personally say is that my AMD Cpu is the lowest 8-core the sell in there FX series and it works amazingly well even when I'm recording with more system intensive programs such as Camtasia. Also, the graphics card isn't a problem on recording, only on making sure the game your playing is good quality graphics. The recording program mainly requires CPU and Hard Drive. That graphics card should be really good for the purpose.

Hope this was helpful! :) PM if you need more help/explanation.
      Check me out on YouTube! EternityStubbers! goo.gl/8Wjr3A If you like my videos hit the thumbs up button and SUBSCRIBE! It's Free!