Deathskarl - Anything Gaming (Spacebase DF-9 - Ep.2 up now)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Deathskarl - Anything Gaming (Spacebase DF-9 - Ep.2 up now)

-Website-
      Deathskarl Website Link

-Latest Video-

About Me: My name is Karl Canada. Yes my last name is really Canada so you don't have to ask. lol I'm 27 years old. I've been married for 7 years and I got a 6 year old daughter. They both mean the world to me. I started doing LPs because gaming has always been a big part of my life. It has got me through alot of bad patches in life and gotten rid of alot of my stress that builds up time to time. I wanted to share my experiences with other people and hopefully make people laugh in the process. My friends have told me i should start doing LPs just from watching me game at my house. What you see in my videos is 100 percent me. Even if i don't have a camera on me I would still be gaming like this. I play anything and everything. I hope to grow my channel and add more than just LPs and gameplay videos. If you want to know anything more then just ask me on here or facebook for a quicker response. My facebook will have more gaming updates on games i'm not doing LPs for. I game a-lot..lol

((UPDATE)) - I do time-lapses and compilation of games now mainly but i will still do LPs but I'm doing more than just LPs. I've also started to game with some friends also which is always a blast!

-How Not To Play-

How Not To Play - Mount And Blade Warband
      How Not To Play - Mount And Bade: Napoleonic Wars
      How Not To Play -Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword

-2-Player Chaos-

Mega Man 3 - 2 Episodes

-Weekend Gaming-

Weekend Gaming - Mount and Blade: With Fire And Sword Online
      Weekend Gaming - Omegalogon (Plane To The Face!)
      Weekend Gaming - Hammerwatch (That Happened..)
      Weekend Gaming - Mario Kart 64
      Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2
      Rush 2: Extreme Racing USA

Time-Lapses

Empire: Total War
      FTL: Faster Than Light
      Company Of Heroes
      Kerbal Space Program

-Old Videos - Re-uploaded -

Slender: The Eight Pages - 2 Episodes
      The Briefcase - 1 Episode (Beat)
      Slenderman's Shadow - 14 Episodes
      Where Am I? - 1 Episode (Beat)
      Hylophobia - 2 Episodes (Beat)
      Amnesia - Haunted Stairwell - 1 Episode (Beat)
      The Corridor - 1 Episode (Beat)
      Amnesia - Haunted Hallways - 1 Episode
      SCP-087-E - 1 Episode
      1916 Der Unbekannte Krieg - 1 Episode
      SCP-087-B - 1 Episode
      Fibrillation - 2 Episodes (Beat)
      Slendermod - 1 Episode
      Survivors - 1 Episode
      Super Meat Boy - 2 Rage Specials
      Dead Space - 3 Episodes

-New Videos-

Slenderman's Shadow - Unity Engine - 9 Episodes
      Slender: The Nine Pages - 1 Episode
      Purgatory - 1 Episode
      UnExit - 1 Episode
      Illusion- Ghost Killer - 1 Episode
      Baby Blues - 1 Episode
      Missing: The Distant Island - 2 Episodes
      SCP-432 - 1 Episode (Beat)
      Pesadelo - 1 Episode (Beat)
      Homesick - 1 Episode
      This One - 1 Episode
      The Theater - 1 Episode (Beat)
      Maze - 1 Episode
      Jeff The Killer - 1 Episode (Beat)
      Au Sable - 3 Episodes (Beat)
      Creepy Zone - 1 Episode (Beat)
      Dead Darkness - 1 Episode
      SCP-087 - 1 Episode
      Lost Nightlight - 1 Episode
      [REC] Shutter - 1 Episode
      The House - 1 Episode
      SCP-432 updated - Version 2.0 - 1 Episode
      The House 2 - 1 Episode
      White Day - 13 Episodes
      Slenderpants - 1 Episode
      Kerbal Space Program - 18 Episodes
      Super Mario World - 13 Episodes
      Terraria - 8 Episodes
      Eyes - 1 Episode
      The Following - 1 Episode
      Bwak - 1 Episode
      Insert Title Here - 1 Episode
      Super Hexagon - 3 Episodes
      Eye (Update 2.0) - 1 Episode
      SCP Containment Breach - 3 Episodes
      Beat Hazard - 2 Episodes
      The Terminator - 1 Episode
      Waking Mars - 1 Episode
      FTL: Faster Than Light - 1 Episode
      Forumla One: Built To Win - 1 Episode
      Karate Champ - 1 Episode
      Silver Surfer - 1 Episode
      Porky Pig's Haunted Holiday - 1 Episode
      Time Slip - 1 Episode
      7 Days - 3 Episodes
      Batman: Return Of The Joker - 4 Episodes
      Home Alone - 1 Episode
      Metal Warriors - 1 Episode
      Super Smash T.V. - 2 Episodes
      Maere: When Light Dies - 1 Episode
      Pizza Delivery - 1 Episode
      The Stairwell - 1 Episode

-Songs-

New Intro Song
      Lightspeed Visions

-Scare Collections-

Scare Collection 1
      Scare Collection 2
      Scare Collection 3!

-Friends Play Thursday-

Test Subject 01 - Cody
      Test Subject 02 - Alan

-DeathsKarl News-

DeathsKarl News Teaser 1!
      Deathskarl News Teaser 2!
      Promotional Photo Shoot For Thumbnails and Backgrounds!

Check out my videos and subscribe if you like them!

The post was edited 74 times, last by Deathskarl: Updating Episodes ().

• I'm about to start something new on my channel. I'm leaning towards either Thursday or Saturday. I'm going to get a random friend and put them through hell. I'll choose 2 or 3 horror games and let them play it while recording them. I'll keep the good reactions and make a compilation of it. I already recorded my first test subject and i was in tears laughing at him. Hopefully i can do this every week. Time may be an issue some weeks though for either me or my friends. I had the first episode finished but my editing software crashed on me last night. I'll finish it after work though!
    • I'm completely overhauling my Youtube channel. Just created an awesome intro song. Working on a new banner and backdrops for thumbnails and what-not. I'm about to start work on the intro video now. I changed the style of the song about 50 times but finally got something i really liked. I will keep everyone posted.
    • I got my first Friends Play Thursday done. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do this all the time. I'll keep it going as long as i can. If i can't keep it going everyweek then i'll figure something else to do instead. Maybe the days i can't do the friends play i can play a rage game instead or something. I'll figure something out! lol
    • I'm having an issue with some of my games freezing my computer on loading it up. Amnesia is among them which sucks. I was going to start some Amnesia custom stories after i finish White Day but if i can't get amnesia working then who knows. I've had this happen before with the same game and i fixed it somehow so I've been trying everything and still failing to launch. I'm going to try to re-install it later hoping it will fix it.
    • Deathskarl wrote:

I'm completely overhauling my Youtube channel. Just created an awesome intro song. Working on a new banner and backdrops for thumbnails and what-not. I'm about to start work on the intro video now. I changed the style of the song about 50 times but finally got something i really liked. I will keep everyone posted.

Hey, I listened to the song and thought it was awesome, what did you use to make it? I'm struggling to create my own song, I always get a rhythm and bass, but then get lost.
      Yes, I did paint my avatar :)

-Brofist-

My 8Bit Music Channel!
      Kongregate: An Amazing Flash Gaming Site With Achievements!!!
      ANYTHING GOES HQ GAMING CHANNEL!
    • 8bituzz wrote:

Deathskarl wrote:

I'm completely overhauling my Youtube channel. Just created an awesome intro song. Working on a new banner and backdrops for thumbnails and what-not. I'm about to start work on the intro video now. I changed the style of the song about 50 times but finally got something i really liked. I will keep everyone posted.

Hey, I listened to the song and thought it was awesome, what did you use to make it? I'm struggling to create my own song, I always get a rhythm and bass, but then get lost.

I used my Brother-In-Laws Guitar after i drop-tuned it. Then i also used Garage band on his Mac-Book since i don't have any music programs on this laptop of mine. I don't really care for Macs but that program was very nice...lol
    • I'm branching away from horror for a bit. I'm still playing White Day and will start another horror game after i finish it but I'm also playing other games. Kerbal Space Program being the main one right now. I've sank alot of hours over the years playing that game so it's about time i started an LP of it. You can check it out on my page if you ever thought about playing the game. It's fun if your good at it or not because the failed launches are always fun to watch.
    • Uploading a teaser for a new addition to my channel. I'm not saying what it is yet but it'll be live here very shortly. It's a product that came to mind when i spent 3 hours creating this pretty awesome song to use for time-lapses. I mean the song was the best i've created in a long long time. As soon as I added an explosion sound at the very end of the song the computer locked up and lost everything...I mean...Every....thing... In doing so i relized how tired i was and starting getting some strange ideas on what i can do with my channel to really make it something special. This idea is a product of me always wanting to make people laugh and lack of sleep...and anger i guess you can say from the whole me losing 3 hours of awesome music. Keep in mind that this is just a teaser which will be used as the intro that is being uploaded.
    • I'm back to playing everything now. I'm running thin on horror games so i'm playing alot of other things. I just added Super Mario World to the long list of games I'm going to play. I also took down the first episode of Deathskarl News because it's not what i wanted for the series. It's going to be alot ALOT more. It may be a week or 2 before i start getting episodes out but until then i'll be posted teasers for the series. It will be funny i promise! I got the 2nd teaser up now so you can check it out. I'm also playing games I either didn't like or could never beat when growing up. It will probably be one episode a piece unless i start thinking i can beat it...but..like i said..probably 1 episode a piece..lol
    • Ok...sooo...here's an update on DeathsKarl News. I got my brother-in-law on board with it because i need this to be done right. He does short films and is awesome with camera work. We recorded alot of stuff last night. I mean alot of stuff. It's probably 3 episodes of footage and let's just say this. Me and him both were in tears because it's so funny and it isn't even edited yet. I'm beyond excited about it. It's unlike anything on Youtube yet. It may be a week or two but i should have a teaser tonight if everything goes right.
    • I have got a website up now. It's going to link my Deathskarl Let's Play channel and my Deathskarl News channel.

Deathskarl Website Link

I also created a Facebook page just for my youtube page also which isn't much right now but i'm still working on it.

Deathskarl Facebook Link

I've still got alot of work to do as far as linking everything together. Me and my brother-in-law have been hard at work getting graphics made for the Deathskarl News youtube page which i'll post about that later when we actually get content on it.

I tried Twitch.TV out today but my internet won't allow for great streaming so i won't be doing anything live until i get either better internet or a place to record that has access to better internet.

This is alot of updates..lol I'm really excited for the Deathskarl News videos because me and my Brother-in-law were in tears from laughing so hard. My sides hurt after i left his house. It is going to be something special so be ready everyone. Have and awesome day!
    • I created a new song finally. I've worked on this song for 3 weeks because of issues. I pretty much made this song 50 times now..lol. I finally got it completed and uploaded it a few minutes ago. I'll use this song in my Let's Plays and wherever else i need music. It's under "Latest Video" on the first post. I'm going to start posting my latest videos up there as well. I used Garage Band, A keyboard, and a guitar to make this song. It's best to listen with headphones to get the full effect of the song.
    • We finally uploaded a video to the Deathskarl News youtube page. It's a promotional photo shoot that will be used for thumbnails, backgrounds, and whatever else we need them for. This is just a small small taste as to what to expect. This is not the first episode of Deathskarl News. We just wanted a video up on the page instead of it being empty..lol

(Video is in the 1st post)
    • I'm test driving a new camera right now. I love everything about it except the audio of it. I'll have to find audio by other means but for now i'll just use my PC mic. Its a Contour HD which is used for filming extreme sports and stuff. I'm using it for something totally different. I like the quality of the picture but like i said..if i take the camera out of the house i have to suffer for the terrible audio. I'm on the fence about it. It also don't have a flip screen so I can't see if I'm even in the shot of not until after i get done with it. I used it in the new SCP Containment Breach which is up now. It's under the new video section on the first post. It's also the video that i have my worst jumpscare ever in it..not in the history of my LPs but in the history of me gaming ever.
    • I decided to go ahead and add facecams on all my videos since i'm using an actual camera now to capture the other video. It's less strain on my PC for sure. I'm not uploading as many videos right now because I'm also working on music and alot of other stuff. Hopefully i'll have time to upload more than just one video a day sometime this week but it all depends on work and how much time i got to sit down and game. Deathskarl News is on hold at the moment because my Brother-In-Law has got his plate full with work but hopefully next weekend I'll have a little something done to post up.

Besides it's strange voice acting and drawn out tutorial this game is alot of fun. Once you get past the tutorial and the game opens up the game get's pretty awesome. It's a puzzle/action game and it's gets chaotic as you try to 100 percent the game to get the whole story of what's going on. I'm debating on doing a full LP on it because i got so many games i've started but i will come back to it. I felt like playing something a bit different this time around.