Some cool script for your custom story

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Some cool script for your custom story

Hey there sugar tits :3. I'm here to help you bros to script some stuff to make a good custom story in amnesia.
    There's a lot of people , i think who wants to know how to make jumpscares and etc.
    So here it is:

Jumpscares:
    Well , if you want to spawn an object or an event to scare players , i'll explain you:
    -First, put the object which you want to spawn for jumpscares , for example A bro head, take the head of the bro in the organic entities, we gonna rename the head "bro_1", in general uncheck the case "Active" (the object is invisible , it will appears with the script). After the placement of the head, create an area where the player will contact and the jumpscare will spawn, go in"Areas",and select "Script" , create the area and rename it for example "Jumpscare_1".
    Now it's time to script (check a tutorial to begin the script). In the file of you map .hps , edit it with notepad, and place this script:

Source Code

1. void OnStart()
    2. {
    3. AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "Jumpscare_1", "Jump1", true, 1);
    4. }
    5. void Jump1(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
    6. {
    7. SetEntityActive("bro_1", true);
    8. AddTimer("", 0.7, "scared");
    9. }
    10. void scared(string &in asTimer)
    11. {
    12. SetEntityActive("bro_1", false);
    13. }
    Display All

If you want to add a sound when jumpscare appears, just copy this and place it at the top of "SetEntityActive("bro_1", true);":

PlaySoundAtEntity("", "soundname(.ogg)", "Player", 0, false);

I just made one script helping , because i don't have much time , But :

YOU CAN ASK ME SOME QUESTIONS FOR THE SCRIPT (like , door and key, lever, how to change map , anything!) THIS IS A POST TO HELP YOU.
    Awesome signature is awesome.
    My name is lightysound , check my channel soundcloud.com/lightysound
  • Just a word of warning, when using floats or other numbers, it doens't hurt to add the f on the end.

So instead of 0.7

it will be

0.7f

: D

Also, you might wanna tell people what the scripts mean, otherwise you are spoonfeeding them (someone i did too much ;D). Explain why the function is linked to the callback using a syntax and stuff like why AddEntityCollideCallback works. Otherwise they won't know what their doing and will just copy and paste and not learn. c:
  • Hey I'm new to scripting and all that and I'm trying to learn but for now I'm just looking for stuff like you posted - thanks for the script btw. I was wondering if someone could help me with that jumpscare first though. I go into the game and all is well but when I walk into the area I know I placed the scare doesn't spawn (I used a hanging prisoner for this one) to make things easier I named them bro_1 and Jumpscare_1 as you did but it still doesn't happen. Maybe I just forgot something and you guys can point it out to me, here's my script so far;

void Onstart()
    {
    AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "Jumpscare_1", "Jump1", true, 1);
    }
    void UseKey(string &in asItem, string &in asEntity)
    {
    SetSwingDoorLocked(asEntity, false, true);

RemoveItem(asItem);
    }

void OnStart()
    {

AddUseItemCallback("useexit", "key_1", "locked", "UseKey",true);

}
    void Jump1(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
    {
    SetEntityActive("bro_1", true);
    AddTimer("", 0.7, "scared");
    }
    void scared(string &in asTimer)
    {
    SetEntityActive("bro_1", false);
    }

The door and the lock work fine so don't worry about that I was just confused as to where to place the jumpscare in this.
  • Use this:

void Onstart()
    {
    AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "Jumpscare_1", "Jump1", true, 1);
    AddUseItemCallback("useexit", "key_1", "locked", "UseKey",true);
    }
    void UseKey(string &in asItem, string &in asEntity)
    {
    SetSwingDoorLocked(asEntity, false, true);

RemoveItem(asItem);
    }

void Jump1(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
    {
    SetEntityActive("bro_1", true);
    AddTimer("", 0.7, "scared");
    }

void scared(string &in asTimer)
    {
    SetEntityActive("bro_1", false);
    }

Make sure not to make a void OnStart for each function/callback.
  • Thanks for your script bro!

But what if! I want the "script" to appear when a player enters a door way? Like, i want a monster to appear at another door when the player enters the door. Do i have to use Script Area or what?

Please, i'm really struggling with my custom story because of this :(
  • Stenkilde wrote:

Thanks for your script bro!

But what if! I want the "script" to appear when a player enters a door way? Like, i want a monster to appear at another door when the player enters the door. Do i have to use Script Area or what?

Please, i'm really struggling with my custom story because of this :(

Make a new thread asking for that kind of help.