Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars – Director's Cut

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars – Director's Cut

Link to the developers website: revolution.co.uk/
      • Basic Info

Plot:

Uncover the identity of a jester assassin. Unlock the legend of the Knights Templar. And unravel a plot as twisted as the catacombs you'll be prowling.
      As American in Paris George Stobbart, you find it odd when an accordion-playing clown darts out of a cafe clutching a briefcase. Moments later, you're sent flying from the force of a massive explosion right into a sinister world of intrigue. The coveted contents of the briefcase? A fiercely guarded manuscript penned by a clandestine medieval order - the Knights Templar.

Steal it back before a group of Megalomaniacs fathoms its mysteries and overturns the very balance of life.

About the game:

Broken Sword is a 2D adventure game played from a third-person perspective. The player uses a point-and-click interface to interact with the environment and to guide protagonist George Stobbart through the game's world. To solve puzzles and progress in the game, the player collects items that may be combined with one another, used on the environment, or given to non-player characters (NPCs). The protagonist converses with NPCs via dialogue trees to learn about the game's puzzles and plot.[3] Clues and other information are obtained by clicking on items in the inventory and on objects in the environment. The player navigates with a map, to which new locations are added as the story unfolds. Unlike in most adventure games at the time, the protagonist's death is possible, after which the player starts from the last save point.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_Sword:_The_Shadow_of_the_Templars

• Gameplay

Credit goes to MilanRE for uploading this.

• Where to buy it

http://store.steampowered.com/app/57640/

I think the game fits you perfectly Pewds! Hope you check it out! Stay awesome bros!

• Broken Sword is definitely one of the greatest adventure games I have ever played but I surely wouldn't recommend the Director's cut. At all. It contains nonsensical censorship and all the powerful scenes are missing because of that. The Director's cut may have some "improvements" but only in the additional perspective of other character and better graphics.

here you can get the original game from 1996 (apparently with the director's cut too..)
      gog.com/game/broken_sword_directors_cut
      Keep calm and make tea.
    • Definitely, this let's play would be awesome. <3

This game is one of my favourites ! :D

I'd love to hear his comments! <3

Personally I'd recommend the original version rather than the director's choice, but that's personal choice.

If you choose the original version, the game actually starts here:

I'd recommend it for the following reasons:
      • The story is really well written, and can be unpredictable; which would make for some interesting comments/decisions.
      • The character of George Stobbart (the main one you play) kind of looks like Pewdz, and acts like him too (sarcastic comments if you use the wrong items).
      • The ability to save can happen all the way through the story (except for certain scenes).
      • It's genre is adventure with elements of mystery (not a horror game or anything).

The post was edited 1 time, last by CryogenicNightmare ().

• HorrorSanta wrote:

This game doesn't look that good :(
      I agree with you if you're talking about the Director's cut version!

In my opinion the original has better graphics, dialogue font, and a better start to the game than the director's cut had.

I know they added new things in with the director's cut, and took some parts out... but I don't know, to me the Director's cut doesn't have the same appeal somehow, at least in my opinion.