Your Best & Favourite Game Ever.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Your Best & Favourite Game Ever.

I'm curious to see what people would say here.
    By best game I mean any game that has absolutely wowed you from the moment you switched it on to the sad point you've had to turn it off.
    and...
    Your favourite game, meaning the game you could play over and over and over again.
    They are both different.

I'll start with.
    BEST GAME: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, because the gameplay and graphics are second-to-none. The story, characters and dialogue in the game is also superb. It's the two chapters in the game "Stowaway" and "Rub' Al Khali" that absolutely stunned me when I played it, especially in 3D. An awesome game from an awesome series of games!!
    --
    FAVOURITE GAME: Sonic & Knuckles, After 18 years I still play this game and still enjoy every second of it. Without a doubt my favourite game because of the great level design, soundtrack, boss battles and the ability to play as both Sonic and the much more challenging Knuckles. Not forgetting LOCK ON TECHNOLOGY!!
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    Greatness from small beginnings. -Sir Francis Drake
    YOUTUBE
  • Hmm hard one...I'll mention 1 of my many in each

BEST: Mirrors edge,awesome gameplay few games that got that.Really good story one of the few I've seen and generaly I loved it
    FAVOURITE: Defenatly the halo games,I never get bored of anything ANYTHING in that game,story multiplay It just rocks!
  • The best game i've played has to be Rayman Origins. So charming, gorgeous, beautiful, hilarious and such a care and attention to detail missing from other games. Plus, it has the best level design i've ever seen in a platformer. It's that or Bastion, purely for it's heartbreaking moments and soundtrack.

Favourite game, probably Skyrim because i love exploration and character customisation. Or Minecraft.
    'Protag Plays' - Check out my channel on the Youtubes! You know it makes sense.

Protag Plays Channel
  • Hard to say because I mainly play multiplayer games. I don't have one favourite game of all time, but one for each category.

Quake 1/Quakeworld is my favourite arena style fps. The levels were challenging, they had puzzles and awesome different enemies. The multiplayer maps were awesome too and you could also play the singleplayer levels as a multiplayer map. And if you got bored by the maps, there was a huge mapmaking community.
    I'm not playing it on public servers that much (YES, PEOPLE STILL PLAY THIS MASTERPIECE FROM 1996) because the people who still play this game are overskilled 1337 superpwnage fraggers. But sometimes I play a round or two with some friends. It's good that even non hardcore gamer friends of mine can play this game because it runs on every low end machine. I'm still up for some rounds of quake if anyone wants to... :)

Delta Force 2 was/is my favourite millitary style multiplayer fps. The singleplayer missions were confusing and I never knew what to do, but it was "ok". But the multiplayer was the best thing I ever experienced online in a millitary style fps. There were no vehicles, no killstreaks, it was pure tactical infantry combat. It featured all the standard gametypes we know and even some awesome gametypes we don't see in all modern titles such as "King of the Hill", which was one of my favourites together with capture the flag. There were not many weapons, but still enough. There were also things like C4 and claymores. The game featured simple bullet ballistics. The maps were the greatest thing about the whole game. The maps were of infinite size. You could walk forever in the fields or climb on mountains and the map never ended because the terrain started to repeat at some point, this made multiplayer games interesting (some custom maps had borders made of map objects though...). I could talk hours about this game... the last time I tried to play it there was one server left. It was laggy as hell. But this game was just perfect. Btw.. it was my first online game :)

James Bond 007: Nightfire is the best game I ever played on the Nintendo Gamecube in both single- and splitscreen multiplayer with friends. The singleplayer missions where nice you always had different objectives and multiple ways you could complete these. You had many different weapons and awesome secret agent style gadgets. The cutscenes were funny to watch because of the classic bond humour. The splitscreen multiplayer was epic, I can't remember how many afternoons I spent playing this game with my friends and/or my brother. The maps were nice, many different gamemodes, characters of previous bond games and movies and a ton of tiny things which made this game my favourite console fps ever. :)

Thats just a little selection of my favourite games EVER... :)
  • Best game: This may seem a bit Cliché but i have to say "Shadow of the collosus" and i wish, i wish i could just turn it on and and relive the same experience i felt when i played it years ago but its impossible.
    for me it's one of those games that gives you a certain feeling of joy and adventure, danger and sorrow
    Display Spoiler
    Aggro's "supposed death" made me pumped for vengeance against the last collosus aint nobody kill mah horse!! D:<
    although im having a hard time playing it again because its hard to get that same feeling again which kinda turns me off a bit. Needless to say this game deserves the best game of the ones ive played because so far no other game have given me such an awesome experience as this one yet, and that says alot.

Favourite game: Kingdom hearts II is the game ive replayed the most i think ive completed this game atleast 7 times ive collected almost all treasures there are to collect i forged the "ultima keyblade" and i defeated Sephiroth, also i hit the lvl cap of 99 and i gave Donal and goofy there best weapons aswell. Seriously although i know the story in and out i can safely say even after atleast 7 playthroughs i would easily be able to turn it on even now and play it again :)

My youtube: youtube.com/user/LazyPeanut01
    please do watch some of my videos and sub if you like what you see :)
  • Alundra 2 : I love the game with a passion. I have been playing it on my Playstation 1 when i was a really small boy , and I still do keep playing it on pc (trying to pass it) from the spot I ended from my childhood. Game is amazing , the story line is perfect , some humour and great music in it and expecially the amazing gameplay feeling .

Hexen : beyond the heretic : Awesome game from old times aswell. an FPS "shooting" game. Amazing flash-backs while playing it :D I have it on steam and passed like to the same spot I was before in my childhood , but I still can't pass the part where i was stuck xD

Doom I and II . Oh man , this game was the BEAST! whenever i see this game , i play it or i hear someone talking about it , I instantly remember the good old times when I was still living with my real father... We kept having so much fun with this FPS game. it doesn't even matter that we passed it several times , it still was a big hit.
    Also , before there were these old music channels on tv's, that looked something like this and my father and I used to headbang and get SUPER PUMPED as soon as we heard the good old song : Kylie Minogue - Can't get you out of my head . ah... i miss my dad now :c

well , the one game i'm spending most of my time lately is ... Call Of Duty : Modern warfare 2 .

Flame me all you want, but I don't have anything else what to play online , and this game is just always different for me. Different people playing against and so on. I won't lie , getting pretty tired of it sometimes , but it always drags me back into it . idk why ;(

Also , waiting for my birthday to get Sony Ericsson Xperia Play for my big old amazing PS1 games :love:

Also, Don't blame me for posting more than just 1 game , I don't have only one favorite game <3

The post was edited 1 time, last by Augis ().

• Favorite game: Medal Of Honor Allied Assult/Counter Strike: source

I played played medal of honor for hours and hours and hours and ever more hours. But that was a while ago, the game was given out 2002 and i played it like 2004-2008. I don't know why, but i prefeer old games... I've also played Counter Strike: source for a while now, and it has endless content and different gamemodes.

Best game: Skyrim/Battlefield 3

I love these games but i can't decide with one i like the most... I have a really great time playing with friends (with is the only whing i do on bf3) and i love the graphics and the ability to fly! But Skyrim is probably the best singleplayer game i've played exept Diablo II but thats different. But skyrim was so epic, and i modded my azz of. I had to reset the game twice becouse of all of my mods making the game crash :P. I really enjoyed the time i played it...
    Check out my new custom story!!!! Click the picture!