Asshole parents? Wanna vent?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Asshole parents? Wanna vent?

I just know that some of us have some pretty fucked up parents. My parents used to be REALLY fucked up. My dad was highly emotionally abusive towards me, yelled at me as a kid for simple stuff. And my mom's a whole another story. I dislike her and her new husband greatly. When I visited my mother, I brought my room-mate with me for the week. Know what we dealt with? My mom and step-dumbass getting it on in the back room! Some gnarly stuff, but what are you gonna do. >> My dad was just.. scream and yell, over anything. And it made me really quiet as a kid. Now i'm a loud ass. Figures?
    • There's no way I could complain about my parents too much here, seeing what some people have to put up with, my parents can just be downright annoying. What drives my head up the wall is when they don't listen to me, it just gives me more reason to think I'm not important to anyone. Oh and my mom can act like an ignorant bitch to me when my oldest sister is around, she's definitely her favorite :/ but yeah, that's basically it, i know they care about me in the end I guess.

At the end of the day, they're the ones that take care of you, love you and have raised you thus far, so shut the hell up and be greatful for what you have, that you're on this planet and that they've put much effort in you. I swear to God, people nowadays are so ungreatful.

Well perhaps a dad raped their child. Perhaps some parents ARE horrible. Perhaps their mother didn't do anything about it. If some one takes care of some one, well that's good. But they have to be treated like a person. Yes, a lot of kids nowadays will whine and say horrid things because they got grounded, but many kids do have a right to be hateful towards them.
      Link Start!
    • Do you people here are joking right? I find this very childish to tell that your parents are monsters. They can be annoying sometimes, but don't forget you're his son (her daughter). They will always be on our side for some issues, and by far you know you will need your parents, maybe not today but it will come later.

"I swear to God, people nowadays are so ungreatful."

*sigh* Kids these days.
      Awesome signature is awesome.
      My name is lightysound , check my channel soundcloud.com/lightysound
    • Kids do have the right to hate their parents. They have the right to hate them if they walk out and don't keep contact. They have the right if they abuse them. They have the right if their drug addicts, alcoholics, etc. My mom's dad, my "Grandfather" (who she tells me to not even call him that) died when she was seventeen. He left her mother, he was an alcoholic - made cruel sexual innuendos towards his daughters and others, and she doesn't miss him. I don't blame her.

Kids, or teens who fight with their parents say now that they hate them ... but as you grow older you'll realize that you don't, and that their very important to you and in your life. I was the same way when I was a teenager... my dad and I got into fights all the time, and my mom and I sometimes still get into fights, but that's life. You get over it. It's impossible to live with someone your whole life and not get into fights - but the important thing is that your parents are doing what they think is right for you - and their trying to protect you. Things may seem unfair now, but when you get older, you'll realize they were right.

Because if you switched lives with someone who has an abusive father or mother, you'll appreciate your parents. Read the book "A Child Called It". You'll be grateful for who you have after.
      Scream and be free.
    • Hm, my parents never intended to do anything wrong, they just had trouble with deceases/addictions and such which stirred our lives when I was a kid. I guess that's why they were a tad too over-caring when they had 'fine phases'. I've never been that social so it was difficult when I couldn't be alone when I needed it the most.

I know that's not the worst that could happen at all, but it was my experience nevertheless.
      "Cool guys don't look at explosions~"
    • To assume that a child should be grateful if left to take care of themselves? Or to be grateful to be raped, because they are a parent who takes care of them? Children have the right to hate their parents. I don't even hate my own, I dislike them at times. Maybe be grateful to have a mother who cares more about drugs than you?
    • My mum seems to love pointing out my academic flaws, as well as the faults in my personality too. After an argument with her, she makes me feel hollow. My dad, he just shouts, pure rage spewing from his nose, almost. When my dad is angry, he'll let you know. He sometimes makes me feel like he's disappointed in my mere presence. But, when they're not like that, they're utterly lovely. They just seem to be like that more frequently of late.. So I got myself a butt load of hobbies that give me new options in the future as well as an excuse to be away from home after school 4 days a week.
      formally thejoker123
    • mine here is kinda same...
      my mom got some boyfriend and he is literally a facebook poker addict...
      hes always like "WHO CARES FOR YOUR SHITTY YOUTUBE!? YOU WILL NEVER SUCCEED IN LIFE!!
      YOU ARE NOTHING!" (yes he litterally says that from time to time) my mom and dad atleast support
      my youtube idea cuz they say i have a vision of me being youtube (oddly enough i do xD). her "boyfriend"
      is really an asshole... no regrets in sayng that and there is no doubt about it... he just sits there... at a 20000$
      laptop playng poker and ikariam, not even thinking for my YT channel (that explains epic yt video delays)... so yeah... im kinda felling with you guys...
      i know my situation isn't the worst around here...
      but hell when i think about it myself... i think i might be dealing with something a LOT worse...
      hopefully you guys dont get in my kind of situation...
      and hopefully things get better in a few years...
      thank you for your attention
      BYE
    • my mom is a hypocrite, i mean, we are all hypocrites but my mom is making it too obvious. she tells me that i'm lazy and that a devil is in me when in fact she has to shout as loud as she can to call me just so i can bring her water jug to her when the water jug is on top of her vanity which is in the same room as her! then if i say "mom, it's RIGHT beside you," she would pull out the lazy card and call me lazy and useless.

she also loooooves to point out that i'm not "smart enough" for her. she tells me that if i fail one more time, i'm leaving the family. i really get pressured a lot by her. that's the reason why i flunk. i also developed depression because of this.

she also gets mad at me for being mad. i mean, it's normal for a person to get mad right? so i blow off steam regularly(bc of my mom). then she tells me that that's wrong and bad then she lectures me in the highest pitch you can imagine then she would throw her iphone at me, and if i catch it, she'll get more mad(xD) if she asks me a question during her sermon and i answer? she gets more mad and tells me that i'm "talking back"

she tells me to accept who she is when she can't even accept who i am! one example is this, my mom loves taking photos, I on the other hand is not so photogenic. If I refuse to have my picture taken, she'll throw a fit and make it seem like I'm the bad guy. Once I'm 18, I'm really moving out of the house.

yeaaaah, sorry if a vented a lot. it's been so long since i was able to do this. xD