[Adventure] Tonic Trouble

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• [Adventure] Tonic Trouble

Hi, bros!
      Today I want to present you an exciting game, similar to Conker's Bad Fur Day.
      The game is called Tonic Trouble, and it was my childhood love.
      About:
      Display Spoiler
      Tonic Trouble is a 3D platforming video game by Ubisoft Montreal. The story follows the main character, Ed, after a magic potion spills on the Earth and causes vegetables to become living killers. The game was received poorly; critics cite poor controls, a wordy exposition, and sloppy graphics (on the N64 version). The N64 version of the game is a port of the PC version with noticeable differences, such as a substantially different opening due to the lack of processing power needed to render cutscenes, and different music in certain places. The game is often compared to another game published by Ubisoft called Rayman 2: The Great Escape, because both are 3D platformers, both have main characters of a similar design (hands and feet without arms or legs), and both were released around the same time. The Game Boy Color version was only released in Europe.

It was released on the Game Boy Color, Nintendo 64 and PC. Expansion for the Nintendo 64DD was in development, but was cancelled due to a combination of the failure of the Nintendo 64DD alongside poor reviews.

Additionally, a beta version for the PC was released as Tonic Trouble: Special Edition, published by Guillemot. This version featured very different level designs and control schemes. It was given away by Compaq with new computers running Windows 98 in parts of Europe. A few differences are the additional guards not encountered in the Retail Version, larger and more open level designs, red spades instead of thermometers for health power ups, and the lack of a final boss.

Screenshots:

-Tonic_Trouble_(USA)_(Rev_A)-1.jpeg[/img]

YouTube videos:

So yeah, in my opinion, this game = best ,,Oldie and Goldie''adventure, a must try :)
      Try to buy it from Amazon, since I didn't find it on Steam: amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0000296ZX
      Brofist!
      ,,There's a war between a good and a bad dog in every us. It will won who we chose to feed.''