I'm in a rut... *face desk*

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• I'm in a rut... *face desk*

So I've had two things bugging me really bad for the last few days and I figured maybe some bros can help. First the lighter thing. My channel. It feel like it's lacking something...I have no idea what and its driving me crazy... second thing is...I'm 21 years old...and I like this guy...and he likes me to...and were go really well together...but he lives on the other side of the US... and I just don't know what to do...so I'm askin you bros for some help...
      Come at me Barrels! I am invincible!
    • Well your new found sony vegas toy will surely help spice up your video making :) . And at the very least, make it more fun to edit.

As for the relationship issue. That's totally up to you deary. No one else knows the situation better than you. From a personal stand point, I need mah hugs and kisses. So long distance like that wouldn't work for me. But you are a different person than me, it's entirely up to what you feel makes you happy :) .
    • The same thing is much happening to me, and the only thing I can suggest, is either playing a style of game that is completely different to your usual, or perhaps taking a week of YouTube, and then after that you might feel better about your videos.

For the relationship side, you know what's happening best, as SwingPoynt said, and you know what is an option, and what isn't. What I would recommend doing, is writing a list, of all the things that you could do, or are doing with the other person at the moment. Then, you can see all the things that you do already, all the options you can choose at the moment, and so on.

Love is a strange thing, and it can easily drive people to do strange things... But, it is also the force that bind's us together. Enjoy the moments with your lover, and without, as they are all precious to you, and the people around you...
      A smile a day, keeps sadness away!

Come and have a good ol' cuppa with me... You know you want to ...
    • Oh and one more thing. I was talking to one of my friends a couple days ago. And we came to this conclusion together.

"It is easier to find reasons not to like someone and say why it won't work, than it is to allow yourself to like them and look past the barriers."
      At least that is the conclusion my buddy and I feel is true of many situations.

I'm personally still trying to figure out the right course of action from that statement.

NO idea what it ultimately means for me, so don't ask haha.
    • I hope Sony Vegas helps, I just have to figure out how the heck to use it! It's so much to learn! I would try playing a different game...but I have no Idea what is my style you know? How do I play something different when I'm not even sure what I play!

I need hugs and kisses too...but It's like I can't stop thinking about him...and I freakin hate all this girly feels. I mean I talk to him every day and...ugh it's frustrating. He's the reason I started making YouTube videos. I know he lives on the other side of the US but I don't really care. In response to what I think that quote means is I know all of his flaws and I still don't care.

I would like to meet half way...but were both kinda...super Broke and he just got fired... I can't get a job... so...I think were stuck like this and it really sucks.

Thanks for all your advice guys :)
    • Your channel seems fine to be honest. You are allowed to take breaks remember, so don't burn yourself out if you feel you aren't in the mood to record. I find it fun to sometimes just commentate while not even recording to kind of make myself more inspired to do more videos. It also helps build your confidense because you know you aren't recording, so you can say whatever you want to say without having to focus half of your attention on the fact that it will be uploaded to millions of potential viewers.

Relationship wise I got nothing. Long distance relationships take a lot of dedication to work, so generally I tried to date a little closer to home :p
      There is always time for muffins.
    • Something is lacking in your channel? To my eyes, it looks freaking awesome and now you have Sony Vegas in your hands. Just play around with it and I bet it's better than your Roxio.

As for relationship, I know who you are talking about :) Long distance relationship thing is just a pain in my ass and I feel you bro. Just talk to him everyday like you will usually do, do you guys skype? Let time past and you might have some money to go to where he is and he may have a job that can pay for his daily expenses. Probably some money to see you? Lol if you get what you mean.
    • If you learn a lot of stuff on Sony Vegas, don't hesitate to teach me lolz. I'm trying to use it myself as well. I can get basics but it's hella hard...

Relationship wise, I'm just gonna ask... Why can't you get a job?? I ask because the system in the US I assume is a whole lot more different than here in the UK.

"When life gives you bullets... ME! CORMANO!"
      Visit meh on deviantART and see all my horrible art stuff
      ChronoPinoyX deviantART
    • Hi Dr Phil here I MEAN Johnny K Here, and i'm here to help give some advice about your channel and relationship thingy.

Your Channel

For you channel, have you tried for maybe an intro and outro? I think that'd be the icing on the cake for your channel!

Relationship (Dr. Phil Mode Activate!)

In my opinion, I always say "Long distance relationships are an obstacle really. All you have to do is overcome these obstacles and cross that finish line to get what you want!" Any distance issues can be overcome by love. If you're both patient enough and everything, it'll happen eventually! Stay strong and in the end, you'll thank yourself!
      "Bro, I don't have time for parties"
      (Pauses)

"Your pussy"
      -Pewds
    • Wow thank you all for the responses! o.o''

Proxy: I think I'm gonna take a few days break, finish up the school week then record this weekend I think a break would be really good for me. As for the relationship I usually do to, this caught me totally off guard.

Rebel: :P lol thanks for the confidence on my channel, I DID manage to edit AWITD last night, might let it post tonight see how it looks and stuff. XD I would hope you do, anyone who pays attention to me prolly has it figured out, I'm horrible at hiding things when I'm happy. I'm hoping to earn a job with my parents after this term ends re doing there website which will put $700 extra money in my pocket (think of all the games! XD lol) and if I do get to do that I will probably use part of it to visit him or have him come visit.

CORMANO: If I find any tuts I will send them your way! Vegas is a lot to take in! As for the job I live in a really small town (with really bad internet) so the jobs are scarce here and I have no prior work, I'm currently volunteering at a Animal Shelter so I can have something to put on my resume.

Dr Jonny K Phil: I have been trying to make one, when I had a Adobe After effects trial I made one for the guy I'm referring to, and one for myself but I didn't like the one I did for myself. I have an outro and I love it...but my twitter is wrong...I'm not talented enough in Vegas or Cinema 4D to make a intro/outro with out a tut and I don't want a tut that everyone's done. For the relationship, thank you, I really just need to keep hearing that I've been interested in him for about a year and he feels the same way too, its the longest I've ever "Been with a guy" if you would and we just get along Perfectly. I mean we have our problems but one of us always feels horrible about it a couple min later.

Thank you all so much for your advice! Its really helping me out with all of this...
    • Well for your channel there isn't really anything I see you aren't already doing well, your stats vs your amount of videos is really a good start and you've got over 100+ subs in the last month so you're doing well :)

For feeling in a rut i've had similar when my video's catch up to me and i have nothing queued up and i feel like i'm pressured to record, perhaps just do some vlogging until you can decide on something (it's quick and easy and a good way to get things off your chest).

Relationship wise, i've never done the whole long distance thing so i'm not sure how to steer you on that but if it were me and my girlfriend i would want to get to her or have her get to me as soon as i could make possible. In the mean time try your best to relax and just stay in contact as much as is comfortable.

Best of luck
    • Thanks Brad...I just dunno I feel like it's not doing well, I think I'm putting to much pressure on myself tho. I want to record but...I just feel like the more episodes of A Walk in The Dark I do the less ppl watch, which is lame cus that game is awesome and I started school this week and parking is terrible so I've been gettin up early and going to bed late so I might just be sleepy ...

It's a real tricky situation, I want him to come to Cali, he wants me to come to Virgina but we both don't wanna make the other person leave there friends and family. I really want him to come out this summer, I don't know if he can but I'm hopeful!
    • *Cracks Knuckles* - Advice Mode Engaged

Do you like or love this man. Does he like or love you? Like and Love are two very different things, I highly recommend having a serious talk with this man about whether you love or just like eachother. There is an old saying, love knows no bounds. If you two are truly in love with each other then there is a serious choice to be made if you want to live with each other. When you live with someone you love you truly get to know him/her. You learn their habits, more about their personality and in general what sort of person they are. I recommend a trial. Go on a vacation (or have him come to your place) and live with this guy for two weeks. In two weeks, you will either fall more in love... or you will be ready to kill him. If it is the good part, I recommend a few more vacations before either of you really consider moving in.

I hope everything turns out good for you.