Peer Pressure

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Peer Pressure

Hey guys, Tristen here, and for some reason ive taken a liking to helping kids or giving advise on here, since nobody listens to me at school, i figured i can at least help some pepole on the internet. Today i wanted to talk about peer pressure. Its somthing that everybody encounters at least once in their life. I know i have for sure. If sombodies your friend (true friend,) they wont pressure you into doing somthing stuiped with them. :thumbup: Dont surcome to peer pressure, cause you never know what you might regret and what might change your life forever. i got invited to a party once, actually this week, lol, and they told me to come because we could get drunk and high off our asses. i said no multiple times and eventually just left the group. well wouldnt you know they got arrested at the party and now they have a criminal rwecord for having drugs and under the influence in public. Dont do somthing youll regret bros, because it could change the way people look at you and even talk to you. remember you dont just effect yourself, but everyone around you. thanks for the time bros, and have a good day. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
    • Some drugs there's not anything wrong with, like pot. It's only a problem if you indulge in it too much and become lazy or spend too much money on it. It could be a problem for those in a place where it's illegal, but the state I live in has legalized it. It's only the harder drugs that are dangerous.

I've never smoked pot myself, but I've been at multiple parties where other people were. There was no peer pressure; no one was encouraged to have any unless they didn't want it. The people who wanted to smoke just went outside and did, and I stayed inside to hang around the rest of the group. Nothing wrong with that and I feel totally comfortable around people who use safe drugs responsibly.

I have also been at plenty of parties where drinking was involved, but I have been around almost no one who is drunk. I have a much bigger problem with alcohol use than drug use, but again, it's possible to drink in a responsible way, even though again, I don't drink myself. The thing is that high schoolers and young college students or whoever don't know how to use these substances responsibly and get drunk and whatever and do stupid things. Dumb people shouldn't be allowed near alcohol.
    • I'm a social drinker, but I'm also the age limit. I've been offered to do drugs and I've turned them down, and because their my true friends, they accepted my answer and moved on. They also respect my opinion of it and they don't do it around me. Most of them quit eventually, thankfully. I'm against any type of drug (nicotine included). I think it's so stupid for someone to do. It messes you up. I don't care how "bad" it is for you.
      Scream and be free.
    • Unfortunately, all I have to do is log onto Facebook, to see people posting statuses about how they will "give up smoking and alchohol and drugs 4 ma boi"...

And, the person behind this is 14..

In my opinion, we all experience peer pressure at least once in our lifetimes, and there is no avoiding it. I think that the best way to help someone being peer pressured into it, or has been peer pressured into something, is to be there for them. We can all use a shoulder to lean on sometimes, right? Someone to talk to, to tell your troubles to, for a trouble shared is a trouble halved..

This song always helps me relax, and also has pretty interesting lyrics..
      youtube.com/watch?v=dJ9lc_orcGs
      A smile a day, keeps sadness away!

Come and have a good ol' cuppa with me... You know you want to ...
    • Trish-Ah wrote:

I'm a social drinker, but I'm also the age limit. I've been offered to do drugs and I've turned them down, and because their my true friends, they accepted my answer and moved on. They also respect my opinion of it and they don't do it around me. Most of them quit eventually, thankfully. I'm against any type of drug (nicotine included). I think it's so stupid for someone to do. It messes you up. I don't care how "bad" it is for you.

My friends certainly have acted the same way to me, though I don't mind them smoking pot when I'm present so long as I'm not actually right with them (since I don't like the strong smell, and such.)
      But some drugs, like pot, just don't mess you up. I've been around people who use marijuana long enough to know that it is perfectly safe as long as you don't go too far and use it all the time. Heck, one person I know who smokes pot is a designer pretty far up the chain in Microsoft, and a very smart man.

It's the hard drugs that you don't want to get into. Pot isn't addictive, but many other drugs are. Pot can be habit-forming, but a long of substances can be, including caffiene and sugar for example.
    • Got something to say

1. There ain't nothing wrong with partying. Went to so many parties in high school and I had a lot of fun. Know your limit though. When you feel a good buzz slow down rather than speed up. People will pressure you to do stupid things like chugging a Micky or 26er.... don't do it. Also keep your eye on your drink and you are safe.

2. Weed isn't a drug, nor is it a gateway drug. Don't buy into the propaganda. Just don't do anything else, stick to weed and get it from someone you trust.

3. This is coming from a former straight arrow. Cut loose a little. Nothing wrong with a little underaged drinking. It gets boring when you come of age. Trust me...